Home

Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2014, 01:44 PM   #1209
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Armor & Sword's/Marino's All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

I didn't know he was talking online.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Old 09-12-2014, 01:46 PM   #1210
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Sword's/Marino's All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbergh22
I didn't know he was talking online.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Well....you quoted his post...it said it right there. LOL...no worries. Just saying.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 09-12-2014, 02:00 PM   #1211
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

So Im watching NFL Replay and Im thinking to myself, the computer did that to me last game.

Or that happened multiple times in the last game.

Sure there are some sore spots.

One point Mack was blitzing, he hit his own DE and there Lineman while they were interacting and he literally flew in the air about 10 feet and then back away from then. The play started on the 15 and he was in the end zone on his back when the play ended. I had to watch the replay over and over again.

I did a test also. I made a all rookie team with Justin Gilbert and Corey Fuller (SP?) as my corners. Then I made a team with Patrick Peterson and Stephon Gilmore as my corners.

I saw no difference whatsoever between these pairs of corners on about 80 passing plays against each over three games on each team. Both got killed on quick outs, both got killed on slants and neither could get a pick unless it was thrown directly to them.

They both got 4 deflections between them, though I saw through replays each got many more touches on the ball.

It was strange, and also a little sad.

Another test I did was WR's. I took Mike Evans and Kelvin Benjamin on one team. Then Calvin Johnson and Josh Gordon on another.

Yet again no change whatsoever. Both had the DB's riding them through slants and both sets of WR's got picked on the quick outs. And last but certainly not least not one of the 4 ever fought for deep balls.

This has nothing to do with your sliders Armor. I love them. I have a great time playing madden with them, and would not change anything.

This is just my observations about EA and how they manage there game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2014, 02:12 PM   #1212
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelD1974
So Im watching NFL Replay and Im thinking to myself, the computer did that to me last game.

Or that happened multiple times in the last game.

Sure there are some sore spots.

One point Mack was blitzing, he hit his own DE and there Lineman while they were interacting and he literally flew in the air about 10 feet and then back away from then. The play started on the 15 and he was in the end zone on his back when the play ended. I had to watch the replay over and over again.

I did a test also. I made a all rookie team with Justin Gilbert and Corey Fuller (SP?) as my corners. Then I made a team with Patrick Peterson and Stephon Gilmore as my corners.

I saw no difference whatsoever between these pairs of corners on about 80 passing plays against each over three games on each team. Both got killed on quick outs, both got killed on slants and neither could get a pick unless it was thrown directly to them.

They both got 4 deflections between them, though I saw through replays each got many more touches on the ball.

It was strange, and also a little sad.

Another test I did was WR's. I took Mike Evans and Kelvin Benjamin on one team. Then Calvin Johnson and Josh Gordon on another.

Yet again no change whatsoever. Both had the DB's riding them through slants and both sets of WR's got picked on the quick outs. And last but certainly not least not one of the 4 ever fought for deep balls.

This has nothing to do with your sliders Armor. I love them. I have a great time playing madden with them, and would not change anything.

This is just my observations about EA and how they manage there game.
Madden is far from a perfect simulation of football. But so is NBA 2K in basketball and NHL with Hockey. I am sure If I ventured over to the FIFA Forum (I have zero interest in soccer) I would see scalding comments about how un-sim FIFA can be. Yet it is right now the most popular sports franchise in the world.

IMO The Show captures the essence is it's sport better than any game. But for the first time in what seems like forever (2004) Madden has done it this year. I still think ratings matter more this year than any year I could ever remember for Madden, but even more importantly your play calling truly is the difference (as well as execution of course). being able to adjust is the key to victory.

Last night I was playing Buffalo and I could not slow down Spiller in the first half. But in the second half I really made a conscience effort to slow down the edges (which Buffalo was attacking at will in the first half) They were up 17-6 at the half. I never surrendered another point in the second half after making the adjustments on defense.

But I never scored again either (Tannehill....blah blah blah sigh).

Madden did so many things right this year yet I still see them getting slammed in the general forum and quite frankly....they should be commended. Yeah there are bugs and this game needs a big patch (and it will get one in due time) but the effort and love is so easy to see in this years title. Lot's of great things to be happy about.

No question this game will be played till the release of Madden 16 (which I hope simply builds off this title...please!!!). If not I will just DL updated rosters and keep playing 15. I am totally hooked on this game like no other football game before it. I was the same way with Madden 25 on PS3. Thats 2 straight awesome Madden games in a row. It's been forever since I can say that (Madden 2004, Madden 2005)

Bravo EA Tiburon!!!

Someone has to say it.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter
Old 09-12-2014, 03:33 PM   #1213
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchlotty
I'm using these sliders and have started a online CFM and I am still sacking the CPU QB way to often. My user controlled Left DE had 6 by halftime in my first game.

Is there any chance the gameplay tuner wasn't applied to my online CFM for some reason? I didn't see the option to load that file so I assume its automatically applied to gameplay?

What else could I be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!
I too am still having the same problem. If I can't find a fix today I may shelve the game until the patch.

Word on the forums is that we need to edit QB traits. But in his first post armor says that is unneeded.
Old 09-12-2014, 03:53 PM   #1214
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I too am still having the same problem. If I can't find a fix today I may shelve the game until the patch.

Word on the forums is that we need to edit QB traits. But in his first post armor says that is unneeded.
It is not the solution if your looking to play a long term franchise. And even when I did the QB edit roster...it was all dink and dunk and absolutely no down field passing.

After this latest tuner and with these sliders the CPU plays a very good game of football.

Yes...sacks are still an issue...and you can do a few things to try and keep that in check.

1. When you user control a DE/DT do not jump the snap - this is a way to nerf your advantage and have to fight harder through the line

2. Play as a LB or DB/S and not be ont he DL all the time.

Even doing that you will see some higher sack totals sometimes. I have learned to live with it till another tuner/patch arrives.

The game plays awesome despite this wart. I don't want EA to nerf defense all together because sacks are too high. I am still losing to the CPU....badly I might say sometimes. LOL.

To each his own but try focusing on all the great things the game is doing this year instead of the one thing it is not.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter
Old 09-12-2014, 04:09 PM   #1215
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
It is not the solution if your looking to play a long term franchise. And even when I did the QB edit roster...it was all dink and dunk and absolutely no down field passing.

After this latest tuner and with these sliders the CPU plays a very good game of football.

Yes...sacks are still an issue...and you can do a few things to try and keep that in check.

1. When you user control a DE/DT do not jump the snap - this is a way to nerf your advantage and have to fight harder through the line

2. Play as a LB or DB/S and not be ont he DL all the time.

Even doing that you will see some higher sack totals sometimes. I have learned to live with it till another tuner/patch arrives.

The game plays awesome despite this wart. I don't want EA to nerf defense all together because sacks are too high. I am still losing to the CPU....badly I might say sometimes. LOL.

To each his own but try focusing on all the great things the game is doing this year instead of the one thing it is not.
Minus this issue it plays an excellent game of football. But the AI qb taking drive killing sacks ruins the experience for me.

Making matters difficult for me is that I use the Ravens. Suggs started racking up sacks on his own so I switched to him to make sure he stays in check. Then Ngata and Doom started to get multiple sacks a game. Then i have two CBs rated 90 plus and great at press coverage along with Mosley who is a great cover LB. So short passes are tough to come by against me.

After year one where I had 3 guys with 16+ sacks and a few others at 8+ I released Ngata thinking he and Suggs were the primary culprits. But it did not matter because the AI QB holds the ball until he gets sacked lol.
Nerfing my team further has no appeal to me (i released Ngata for cap reasons. After year 2 Webb will be gone for the same)
It sucks because CPU pass protection is great for me right now. I've noticed it happens frequently on certain plays like curl flat and slants.

I am going to try to boost QB accuracy and see if this entices the QB to be more aggressive in the passing game. I may also set my line to QB contain on 60% of passing downs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2014, 04:58 PM   #1216
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Like I said.....there is no solution and no sliders are solving it. I also thought the pass rush was overpowering on M25 on the PS3. So it's nothing really new.

It's a dice role balancing tuning issue that EA needs to tweak ever so slightly and also tweak QB awareness.

The sliders are what they are. They won't fix the game under the hood. They only tune the engine they are running on.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 09-12-2014 at 05:13 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »