Home

Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2014, 11:59 PM   #1281
MVP

sooner1's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

Well I want to break some tackles, DBs tackle way to well at 50
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2014, 12:24 AM   #1282
MVP

awffltony77's Arena

OVR: 0

Try turning off the visual prompts for square and X. Im not really having a sack problem.
Old 09-14-2014, 12:34 AM   #1283
Rookie

OVR: 2

I know Charter's All-Madden sliders have run blocking lower and pass defense higher, I'm gonna try out his and see how it goes. I might end up using a hybrid of Armor's and Charter's on All-Madden because I really have no problems with how the CPU plays with Armor's, I'm more concerned with user offense.
Old 09-14-2014, 12:57 AM   #1284
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Armor do you see breaked tackles and YAC?
Old 09-14-2014, 07:50 AM   #1285
Rookie

Have to thank you Armor. This set is fantastic, don't think I have ever had so much fun playing madden. Currently 6-1 with the Falcons, but 5 of the 6 wins have all been by a TD or less (1 with a last second field goal in the best game I've ever played on madden... 33-30). Very realistic gameplay and regarding injuries I've had a variation. 1 week, 5 weeks and even an 18 weeks injury to my MLB.

The only problem I have come across is sacks, but that's EA's fault and a patch should hopefully sort them out. I have upped the CPU pass block to 99 in recent games and sacks have been reduced to around 2/3/4 per game, plus my defence is still creating pressure.

I' playing online CFM btw.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2014, 09:09 AM   #1286
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Kidd
Armor do you see breaked tackles and YAC?
Every game. Actually YAC and broken tackles are two signature features of the set.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 09-14-2014, 09:11 AM   #1287
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by awffltony77
Try turning off the visual prompts for square and X. Im not really having a sack problem.
Since I am 3-10 in year one I am going to try this for the remainder of the season and report back on the results.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 09-14-2014, 09:33 AM   #1288
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Since I am 3-10 in year one I am going to try this for the remainder of the season and report back on the results.
Turning off the visual QTE prompts for engagements with the O-line, will probably decrease sacks, but it's mostly because you are gimping yourself/defender. With the visual aids you certainly have more efficiency at shedding blocks, but I don't want to gimp my user-controlled defenders just because I can't see what QTE popup to press, especially when you have it switch mid-engagement with an O-line from a power move to a finesse move and vice versa. Just my opinion on the matter.

I actually started a long thread (went like 6 pages) on the main board about this very topic not long after release, because I was wondering if turning off the visual aid actually did gimp you, or could you just mash one button and have success often, still shedding blocks. The conclusion was it was more efficient and at least in this case, more realistic to know when to hit the power move and finesse move QTEs.

Now, I actually don't prefer them up, because I prefer more immersion and less "arcadey" looking gameplay on the field, during the play, but I found I had to stick with the visual prompts as I was just gimping myself. Not knowing what to press and when to press it, just made you stay in a stale-mate often times with the O-lineman.

Not to mention, a power move might popup initially on a running play, and soon after it switches to finesse, as a DE going from the power move to finesse just in time (in a VERY short window) allows you to shed the block sometimes, and make run-stopping tackles, not just sacks. So, in the end I just settled with leaving it on. I did turn off the tackle cone though. I don't need it, and it's just more "arcadey" looking graphics on the field, in my opinion.

In my last two games though, I had 6 sacks versus the Cowboys, and I don't know how good the Eagles' O-line is, but I only got 2 sacks on Foles, and that O-line held their own all game long.. even with Robert Quinn 1 on 1 with an O-linemen. Just couldn't create pressure. That was actually nice to see, and feel. They did end up beating me too, you can add in the great O-line play to one of a few reasons for that win for them.

Anyway, that just my opinion and a little insight on the visual aid for QTE prompts for blocking engagements. Take it for what it's worth.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »