Home

Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2014, 12:24 AM   #1313
Rookie

JFB123's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

After 1 game it seems 15 min. is a bit too much. I may try 14. The DB's also don't leave anyone open and jump many routes. I don't know if this has to do with the INT or pass coverage rating for the cpu. I also ran extremely well for being the Patriots. I feel like I can win anytime just by handing the ball off.

I think I'm going to try to lower pass coverage. It's really frustrating when you're using Tom Brady and throw 4 INT's in a game.

Besides the excessive route jumping by the cpu for interceptions and not being able to stop the rush too well, it plays very good. I lost by 2 scores.

Last edited by JFB123; 09-15-2014 at 12:27 AM.
Old 09-15-2014, 12:39 AM   #1314
MVP

HC0023's Arena

OVR: 5

Hey Guys i know i dont play the game like you all do but i just wanted to share my coach mode play now game with you all Pats 19 Jets 12 that damn Brady LOL, Brady 24-32-227-75%, Rushing Ridley 17-56-1TD, Vereen 11-26, Bolden 3-6, Brady 3 -3yrds, Receiving Amendola 7-60, Edelman 6-55, Gronk 3-46, Vereen 2-27, Thompkins 2-20, Ridley 2-10, Dobson 2-9, Pats D 2 sacks 1 Int, Jets Geno 26-40-240-1INT-65%, Rushing Ivory 9-33, Receiving Cumberland 6-37, Decker 5-48, Nelson 4-62, Kerley 3-33, Ivory 3-7, Salas 2-23, Bohanon 1-12, Johnson 1-8, Zudfield 1-10, Jets D 6 sacks , I know the tuner only works in Online not play now lol, 2 total penaltys , Total plays 123 So what do you all think about these in coach mode
Old 09-15-2014, 01:03 AM   #1315
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFB123
After 1 game it seems 15 min. is a bit too much. I may try 14. The DB's also don't leave anyone open and jump many routes. I don't know if this has to do with the INT or pass coverage rating for the cpu. I also ran extremely well for being the Patriots. I feel like I can win anytime just by handing the ball off.

I think I'm going to try to lower pass coverage. It's really frustrating when you're using Tom Brady and throw 4 INT's in a game.

Besides the excessive route jumping by the cpu for interceptions and not being able to stop the rush too well, it plays very good. I lost by 2 scores.
I run 12 minute quarters with accelerated clock on 16. Number of plays are just a tad low but it gives me good scores.

And if I could give some unsolicited advice, before lowering CPU coverage spend some time in practice mode running pass plays against different coverage (and if you did not visit the skills trainer definitely do that).
Every interception I have thrown, and I've thrown more than I like, has been my fault. Whether it was an int or just an incomplete pass I have never felt cheated. Spend time in practice/skills trainer and use your checkdowns!

You mentioned not being able to stop the rush too well. Again before lowering sliders try altering your playcalling. Call plays that put 8 guys in the box on early downs against run orientated teams. Cover 3 and Cover 1 are good candidates.

Even better in my experience are certain zone blitzes. One of my go to run blitzes is SS Overload 3. This play blitzes SAM and the SS. Almost any run to the blitz side will get shut down. Equally good are Scrape blitzes. On Mike Scrape 3 the MLB blitzes strongside and the d line slants towards the weakside. If the offense runs strongside most of the time the Mike blows the play up unless the offense is using a lead blocker. But even then it disrupts the run. If they run weak side your line slant should contain that. But it can be vulnerable to inside zone runs.

Now if the only difficulty with the run game is that the AI cannot stop you, then disregard all that lol. And in these instances, go ahead and adjust sliders

Sorry for the unsolicited coaching session. I just like talking X's and O's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2014, 01:16 AM   #1316
Rookie

JFB123's Arena

Naw, I can stop them in the rushing game they just can't stop me. Getting about 5 ypc w/ Vereen.

3 of my 4 interceptions were on out routes. Maybe they're just broken or I can't hit them. Seems like the corner jumps it every time. It feels a bit cheesy to keep doing slants, ins and posts.
Old 09-15-2014, 01:41 AM   #1317
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFB123
Naw, I can stop them in the rushing game they just can't stop me. Getting about 5 ypc w/ Vereen.

3 of my 4 interceptions were on out routes. Maybe they're just broken or I can't hit them. Seems like the corner jumps it every time. It feels a bit cheesy to keep doing slants, ins and posts.
If it was only one game then don't sweat it. I just threw a 3 interception game with flacco. It happens sometimes.

Deep out or quick out?

The deep out is one of the hardest and most dangerous passes to throw, both in Madden and in real life. Teams are calling fewer and fewer out routes because of this. Personally I love them and if my WR has a favorable matchup I throw the deep out frequently. It is not broken but you have to be careful.
Unsolicited advice follows lol
Spoiler
Old 09-15-2014, 06:55 AM   #1318
Pro

I'm not the guy who posted about outs, but I just wanted to say thanks! That was great info!
Old 09-15-2014, 10:39 AM   #1319
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

i just heard from a poster in the last gen section that they have there DPI set at 1 and OPI set to 50 and are seeing both these get called in games gonna test this out and see if its true is so could even make game better.

i'll report back with my findings.

ok just tried this not one DPI or OPI called what I saw was crazy.... players gliding over to defend the pass and rb's running into the back there lineman and getting stuffed behind the line also saw buncha other weird animations like wr's running down field and u throw and all sudden its like they fighting with a invisible defender to get free like the game was lagging.

there were flags called but just normal and yet again my wr's te's were still getting mugged.

Last edited by azdawgpound; 09-15-2014 at 11:26 AM.
Old 09-15-2014, 03:02 PM   #1320
MVP

stlducks's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
i just heard from a poster in the last gen section that they have there DPI set at 1 and OPI set to 50 and are seeing both these get called in games gonna test this out and see if its true is so could even make game better.

i'll report back with my findings.

ok just tried this not one DPI or OPI called what I saw was crazy.... players gliding over to defend the pass and rb's running into the back there lineman and getting stuffed behind the line also saw buncha other weird animations like wr's running down field and u throw and all sudden its like they fighting with a invisible defender to get free like the game was lagging.

there were flags called but just normal and yet again my wr's te's were still getting mugged.

Sadly I don't think we will ever see PI's called. Crazy how that is the one thing that has never been fixed, even with 99 or 100 set on sliders it does not get called. But I am really enjoying the rest of the game, I just have gotten used to no PI's.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »