Home

Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2014, 11:20 PM   #1409
Pro

GrayDawg's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullhouse
I too have dominated on these sliders.. Might just have to try something else.

I do wonder what upping the difficulty to All Madden on these sliders would do?

I have enjoyed these sliders. What I would do is tweak the sliders to your liking using the sliders as a base and focus on the areas you feel you are strong at in gameplay and go from there. To me all pro is the best setting in Madden this year. As for my game I think EA needs to tweak how the CPU responds when they have several starters out with injuries and the impact of confidence when the CPU is playing a team with high confidence.

Also I had several players in the upper 80's and 90's in confidence so I think that played a role as well. We have to remember that momentum is huge in this game and I have seen a huge impact after having won several games in a row. Of course once sacks are toned down it will be more difficult to have the kind of season I have had so far. Most of my games have been close some high scoring and some not. I even had a shootout against the Jets! Also just finished playing against the Patriots and won 28-24 and scored the winning touchdown in the last 2 minutes. Hope this helps.
Old 09-22-2014, 02:26 AM   #1410
Pro

GrayDawg's Arena

Okay guys, I am half way through my season and noticed my team sacks were rediculously high compared to the rest of the league so in an effort to tone them down a bit I am restricting myself to using a power or finesse move just once per play and will play this way until sacks are fixed.

Also wanted to get some feedback from you guys and see if anyone is playing with strafe assist off and if so have you seen a decrease in user sacks? Just trying to take away what I can to make sacks more difficult.
Old 09-22-2014, 07:15 PM   #1411
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

The Titans roll into South Florida to take on the Dolphins in Year 2 week 2 of my CFM. C.J. Spiller joined them as a UFA in the off season. Should be a good matchup.

Streaming live on my Twitch with mic audio from yours truly.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2014, 09:55 AM   #1412
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by British Bronco
Sorry but 5 sacks a game is in fact hugely off the NFL average, which is 2.5 sacks per game per team, so basically double.

5 sacks a game would average out at 80 sacks on the year, which would make your average team in Madden the second coming of the 1985 Chicago Bears. And they *only* managed 64 on the year....

Its not remotely realistic and is a killer for those of us who want reasonable realistic stats.

If you guys want to know what stats to measure your sliders against then use Pro Football Reference guide to last season's stats.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2013/
Carolina had 3.75 sacks per game avg for the year.

But way to be a dick.
Old 09-23-2014, 11:12 AM   #1413
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelD1974
Carolina had 3.75 sacks per game avg for the year.

But way to be a dick.
You effectively asserted that by your team getting 5 sacks a game you were close to the NFL average. That is simply incorrect information and might mislead other people. Its actually half that.

I also put a handy link in my post so that anyone who is interested can actually see the stats for themselves, which might aid them create better sliders.

And yes Carolina did get a lot. They were the top team. Which means they were not the average team.

There was nothing in my post that was rude to you, but FWIW I'm sorry you took it as such. I was pointing out facts and trying to be helpful. But if you're going to post incorrect information on a public forum expect to get pulled up over it. Otherwise it does everyone here a disservice.

Chill out. There's simply no need to go round calling people names. This is a great thread and there is no need for us to get into a silly flame war over something like this.

Last edited by British Bronco; 09-23-2014 at 11:40 AM.
Old 09-23-2014, 12:08 PM   #1414
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by British Bronco
You effectively asserted that by your team getting 5 sacks a game you were close to the NFL average. That is simply incorrect information and might mislead other people. Its actually half that.

I also put a handy link in my post so that anyone who is interested can actually see the stats for themselves, which might aid them create better sliders.

And yes Carolina did get a lot. They were the top team. Which means they were not the average team.

There was nothing in my post that was rude to you, but FWIW I'm sorry you took it as such. I was pointing out facts and trying to be helpful. But if you're going to post incorrect information on a public forum expect to get pulled up over it. Otherwise it does everyone here a disservice.

Chill out. There's simply no need to go round calling people names. This is a great thread and there is no need for us to get into a silly flame war over something like this.
Sliders are not going to fix sacks.....IMO the game is what it is. You have to be able to overlook certain statistical imperfections with all sports games. You will drive yourself mad trying to get it perfect instead of really enjoying what is a truly great video game this year.

I say it all the time, find a good set of slider values that give you a great feel, challenge you against the CPU and feel as close to simulation style football, baseball, hockey, basketball, whatever the sport and play.

Statistics are no doubt a big part of simulation....being a baseball freak I get that. But, to deprive your enjoyment of what is IMO a superbly fun game of console football because you getting 5 sacks a game vs 2.5.....for me that is inertia and for me silly.

I get it....some want perfection.

Not going to happen. Ever. Even that other game that is the holy golden cow...was full of imperfections, warts, statistical BS, a lousy franchise mode (drafting was a joke) and is no where close to the game we have now in terms of fun, visual feast, animations etc etc etc. pull out that ESPN presentation.....that game loses a lot of it's luster IMO. And I played the crap out of it. It was great...for back then (10 years ago already).

These sliders are done. They have been done for weeks. Until a major patch comes out....my testing has been long done...I have been playing my CFM to death and loving it. 35 sacks by Cam Wake be damned!!!! I finished 5-11 despite my sack prowess!!! I had to focus on my draft and my player development (I only XP once a season. In year one after the season is over and going forward only in the pre-season). Makes a huge competitive difference in my opinion.

I mean even a silly AI wart like the Titans releasing Bishop Sankey...I parlayed into a great story line (The "Hankey Sankey" storyline check out my dynasty thread for more on that) as I signed him and he is now thriving in year two and becoming an elite back. It's all in how you approach the game and make it your universe. Have fun with it! I love the player movement I saw in my off-season....it keeps the game fresh!

THIS GAME ROCKS!!!!!!!!!

Ok...moving on now...play the game people. It's awesome!!!

And if you want to see it in action...go to my twitch page and watch some CFM games. The sliders are on full display. More importantly watch how I play the game, what camera's I am using, my use of the playbook, no switching on defense ever.....it's all in how you approach it. IMO....I am getting what I see on Sundays. It's pretty damn close. And again.....it's a video game.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 09-23-2014, 12:43 PM   #1415
MVP

forme95's Arena

I just look at the extra sacks as holding penalties since they are rare in this game. Lets face it, until Madden does something about it, it is what it is. Ive been complainging for years that player overall is WAY to high which effects y the game plays the way it does out of the box. Is that going to stop me from playing? No it isnt. They did a LOT better job this year with this game. SO I am going to enjoy it. JMO

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2014, 12:57 PM   #1416
Rookie

OVR: 2

Thanks for the reply Armor. But I respectfully disagree.

I don't mind stats been a little off. But I don't think its silly to get annoyed when the Madden average number of any given stat is double the real NFL average. In my view of course...we'll have to agree to disagree!

I want to run a connected franchise and see Von Miller break the all time sack record. But I don't want Demarcus Ware and Derek Wolfe to be doing it at the same time! That just kills immersion for me. I also want to be able to pretend to be Jack Del Rio and come up with ingenious ways and plays of getting to the QB. That's the challenge I want when playing these sort of games, and right now the game is making it way too easy thus removing that challenge.

But as you say there is very little that sliders can do - lets all just pray for a decent patch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »