Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders - Page 178 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-23-2014, 03:54 PM   #1417
Rookie

PhatToad's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

If I may, I think perhaps by upping the minimum speed threshold to default 50 (up from 0) may help somewhat with the sack issue. Small sample size, but I played 2 games - same teams - with it at 0 and 50. In the games at 50 there were far fewer sacks. Using A&S's posted set, I had 5 sacks in the first half alone. I did not finish that game due to time restraints, but in my 2nd game (A&S set, threshold set to default) I average about 3 to 4 sacks per game. The CPU sacks were down, as well. I'm thinking the fast d-linemen are not dominating the slow o-line with pure speed as much, resulting in fewer sacks. Again, small sample size, but it seems to make a difference. Upping it 100 may give everyone the sack totals they desire, but it could tweak other gameplay areas as well. My preference has always been to leave as many things close to default as possible.
Old 09-23-2014, 04:19 PM   #1418
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24
Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

Still going strong with my A&S tweaked slider set. 3-9 w/ Oakland and could not be having more fun. Every game offers something different. Playing a game every couple nights to keep things fresh.

Madden 15 should remain the rotation through the entire NFL season. Having a blast with Madden football. Can't believe I just typed that. lol

Last edited by areobee401; 09-23-2014 at 04:21 PM.
Old 09-23-2014, 04:57 PM   #1419
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
Still going strong with my A&S tweaked slider set. 3-9 w/ Oakland and could not be having more fun. Every game offers something different. Playing a game every couple nights to keep things fresh.

Madden 15 should remain the rotation through the entire NFL season. Having a blast with Madden football. Can't believe I just typed that. lol
What have you tweaked? It sounds like I need to play with what you have..
Old 09-23-2014, 05:51 PM   #1420
Rookie

BertmanT5's Arena

OVR: 1

Still making my own tweaks to your set to suit my abilities more, but I've got to say: This is the most fun I've had in a Madden game in years! Need to make offense a little harder, and balance out the defensive side a bit for my skill set.

Had a few coolish things happen thus far. In my Bills franchise, I let a deep ball fly to Sammy Watkins, he had a step on his man but the throw had a little to much air on it. Safety arrived in time for the jump ball with Watkins. Ball is tipped up, by now the corner has caught up, and the safety and corner collide. Watkins does this little spin adjustment to catch the deflection, TOUCHDOWN, 80 yards.

2nd, EJ Manuel went down with an ankle injury, just after I dropped Kyle Orton for the mobile Terrelle Pryor. Playing the Patriots, who have been decimated by injuries (Revis, LaFell, Edelman, Gronk, Wilfork, Browner, couple Oline men) and Brady coming into the game had 1 TD and 8 Picks. Anyways, had the ball at the 8ish yard line ran a playaction bootleg, looking for Williams on a crossing route or Chandler on a corner post. No one is open, so I scramble more out of the pocket, getting a DB to come up to try and stop me. That left Chandler wide open as he started to move back towards the goal post. He stops, I stop and do a slight lead throw to the right side of endzone, wide open touchdown. Was beautiful watching this set up.

Awesome slider set as usual A&S! Having myself a great time!
Old 09-23-2014, 06:35 PM   #1421
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by British Bronco
You effectively asserted that by your team getting 5 sacks a game you were close to the NFL average. That is simply incorrect information and might mislead other people. Its actually half that.

I also put a handy link in my post so that anyone who is interested can actually see the stats for themselves, which might aid them create better sliders.

And yes Carolina did get a lot. They were the top team. Which means they were not the average team.

There was nothing in my post that was rude to you, but FWIW I'm sorry you took it as such. I was pointing out facts and trying to be helpful. But if you're going to post incorrect information on a public forum expect to get pulled up over it. Otherwise it does everyone here a disservice.

Chill out. There's simply no need to go round calling people names. This is a great thread and there is no need for us to get into a silly flame war over something like this.
Didnt call you a name. Said you were a dick. Calling you name would be like saying you Ahole.

And 5 sacks a game, for Madden, is not far off from realistic. If theres nothing we can do about it then getting the lowest possible number is best.

I was just trying to convey that.
Old 09-24-2014, 12:20 AM   #1422
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelD1974
Didnt call you a name. Said you were a dick. Calling you name would be like saying you Ahole.

And 5 sacks a game, for Madden, is not far off from realistic. If theres nothing we can do about it then getting the lowest possible number is best.

I was just trying to convey that.
Actually calling someone a dick is calling someone a name. I think you need to be banned.
Old 09-24-2014, 05:03 PM   #1423
Rookie

cubby blue's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Armor & Sword's/Marino's All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

Anybody still using the qb edits. If so, how are the sack numbers? I used them sparingly, but started a new cfm when the tuner update arrived. I'm using offline cfm. I thought at the time the tuner update was for offline and online.

I know everybody tired of hearing about the sack issue, but it's just about the only thing that's plaguing this game for me.

Still having fun though with these sliders!!
Bulls
Old 09-24-2014, 07:40 PM   #1424
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
The Titans roll into South Florida to take on the Dolphins in Year 2 week 2 of my CFM. C.J. Spiller joined them as a UFA in the off season. Should be a good matchup.

Streaming live on my Twitch with mic audio from yours truly.
Hello Armor. Couple of newbie questions here. I'm not too familiar with all the different rosters out there. I'm going to start a Giants online franchise soon. What rosters are you using ? I see Mizzous 53 man updated roster,EA's updated roster,and several other rosters ? I'm going to use your sliders,but only in a single year Giants online franchise as I don't have enough time to play multiple seasons. Are the EA updated rosters like an opening day roster ? Since wr Manningham is out for the season,is he on the IR list in all these rosters ? Any rosters have him available for my team ? Maybe you can give a slight breakdown of these different rosters,and what would be best for me. Any help out there would be great ! Thanks in advance

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »