Home

Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2014, 03:03 PM   #1441
Rookie

Aviator87AC's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
My reason for this has a few factors.

1. Year one coming in the players have no XP, we get through pre-season, position battles are decided and we start out season. When the season is over goals are met or not and then I go ahead and spend the XP to figure out what my needs will be going into Free Agency and the Draft.

2. Then going forward I keep that same rhythm. I play a full season then use the off-season as OTA/Mini Camp/Training Camp to spend XP and make it as if players are hard at work in the off-season working on their game. I set the same end of year setting for the CPU as well so the entire league is on the same schedule.

3. It allows me to focus on games and scouting during the season, then my off-season is focused on player development, and free agency. Doing XP spending once a season IMO keeps the league on a level playing field and then you are rewarded by you season long play, hitting goals, post season success etc. And then you deep those benefits for the following campaign.
Thanks for the direct reply. I still feel some player progression can occur throughout the season though. In FIFA it's locked to about 4 weeks and it's automatic (players increase stats based on how they are playing). The problem with Madden IMO is that these stat increases aren't dynamic - in other words, the player doesn't earn more points to spend in Awareness, even if they have made 20 interceptions.

To offset this, I've been allowing weekly progression but defer the player progression to the CPU to figure out. I'm assuming they put points into whatever categories it believes fits the player's position best - can anyone verify this?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to beginning a new CFM with your sliders. I randomly choose teams to play with and drew the Chargers last CFM. By week 2 my running back was 1st in the league with yards - playing with run blocking around 70. I noticed your numbers are quite a bit lower. Have you noticed running to ever be predictable or "easy"? I also plan on upping the speed to Normal - this could only make things more difficult I think (a good thing at this point).

Thanks in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2014, 07:28 PM   #1442
Rookie

PrimetimeUTK's Arena

OVR: 2

Armor, finally starting my real CFM tonight! Haven't played Madden in a couple of weeks, due to Destiny coming out.

Going to stray away from my Titans which I used in my original CFM to test sliders and stuff with...and yours ended up being perfect for me...so going to go with the Chicago Bears.

Getting it underway now.
Old 09-25-2014, 09:25 PM   #1443
Rookie

is there an official QB edit forum to help the sack issue?
Old 09-25-2014, 11:42 PM   #1444
Rookie

I tried this slider on All Madden. PLayed one game and there where only 3 sacks the whole game in total, with 14 min qrts. Game finally felt challanging where you had to constantly be aware and audible.
Old 09-26-2014, 02:34 AM   #1445
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

Quote:
Indeed. I hit on 4 really great prospects. Check out my dynasty thread (link in my sig) as it has a full draft recap with their MO and starting ratings.

I ended up with the 6th overall pick after that nightmare 5-11 year one finish. Quay Gregory a MLB out of Miami is going to be a 10 year stud for me. The new Zach Thomas for the Dolphins. I moved Misi over to LOLB.

Round 2 Shontrelle Hubbard a stud lock down CB...kid is playing in the nickel in year one and had a pick six in week one to announce his reign.

Round 4 I grab be a gem of a RG in William (Billy) Gomes out of Miami as well. Kid is an immediate starter.

Check out the recap....another incredible steal at DE after that as well!!! Plus a risk pick in the 3rd round on a kid at LOLB who was projected to go #1 overall!

The draft was pretty awesome and the presentation was also really cool. Even more commentary from Schefter than I remember from M25. I even streamed the entire first round.

I will do that again for year 2. It's pretty damn exciting. I am also using my mic for my broadcasts and doing some color commentary.....having fun with Twitch I have to admit.

Week 5 at home vs the NY Giants will be Friday Night.
That sounds awesome man. I'm going to check out that dynasty thread you have going. You said you picked up some 10 year quality type players. That's cool you got some rookie studs that can be long-time starters for you.

In my upcoming draft class I found the perfect LDE and ROLB to replace my 29 year olds at those positions. They really are complete studs at their position (very young, and could be starters for 10+ years as well), and if I start another CFM (specifically an offline, once the patch comes), I'll probably never get that luck again with the random draft classes, especially since those are two major key positions I need to have some youth at. When I say key, I mean it. They are perfect fits for my system.

With that being said, do you plan on keeping on playing that solo online CFM, even once the offline patch is released, or are you going to restart for an offline CFM? I ask because you already have a dynasty thread going for that current Online CFM. I'm not sure what I'll do after finding these two studs prospects, but I do still get disconnects every once in a while, while playing my online CFM, and I hate that. So, what are you going to do once the patch is released for offline CFM? Go offline or stay with the online CFM, Armor?

Last edited by Shon 23; 09-26-2014 at 03:05 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2014, 01:52 PM   #1446
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheQuinn94
That sounds awesome man. I'm going to check out that dynasty thread you have going. You said you picked up some 10 year quality type players. That's cool you got some rookie studs that can be long-time starters for you.

In my upcoming draft class I found the perfect LDE and ROLB to replace my 29 year olds at those positions. They really are complete studs at their position (very young, and could be starters for 10+ years as well), and if I start another CFM (specifically an offline, once the patch comes), I'll probably never get that luck again with the random draft classes, especially since those are two major key positions I need to have some youth at. When I say key, I mean it. They are perfect fits for my system.

With that being said, do you plan on keeping on playing that solo online CFM, even once the offline patch is released, or are you going to restart for an offline CFM? I ask because you already have a dynasty thread going for that current Online CFM. I'm not sure what I'll do after finding these two studs prospects, but I do still get disconnects every once in a while, while playing my online CFM, and I hate that. So, what are you going to do once the patch is released for offline CFM? Go offline or stay with the online CFM, Armor?
Going to stick with the online CFM for the Dolphins, but also run an offline 32 team CFM so I can play various games. I just have to decide on which team to actually run (won't be the Fins). I may take on a full rebuild in that one.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 09-26-2014 at 03:53 PM.
Old 09-26-2014, 02:58 PM   #1447
Just started!

How the heck do you get the right rosters into your Online CFM? I am useing Dallas and it's giving me the wrong old rosters all the time...thank you anyone
Old 09-26-2014, 03:09 PM   #1448
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

Quote:
Going to stick with the online CFM for the Dolphins, but also run an offline 32 team CFM so i can pkay various games. I just have to decide on which team to actually run (won't be the Fins). I may take on a full rebuild i. That one.
Sounds good. The only thing I don't like about online CFM, is that I still get the occasional disconnect (on the weaker of my two wifi connections, unfortunately). I still think it's EA's servers though. I would hate for that to happen in an important game (or during a draft) with a CFM I'm taking seriously. The two draft prospects I mentioned before really are a perfect fit, and I'm lucky to get them in my first draft class with the random generator. I know if I play offline CFM, I probably won't see luck like that again, at the two very positions I need talent. Then again, I may just have to bite the bullet if/when they do fix offline, and start my Rams CFM over. I still can't decide, but we'll see when the time comes. I do rather my CFM to be on my HDD than EA's server.

As for your teams to rebuild. A true rebuild can be the Titans, Jaguars, Raiders. Then, you have the "secondary" rebuild teams... Texans (offense rebuild mainly), Buccaneers (young offense, still needs key pieces from a draft or trades for defense, overall), Steelers (getting older in some key positions and very young in others), Giants (defense rebuild mainly).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »