Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders - Page 191 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 10-06-2014, 07:33 PM   #1521
MVP

forme95's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleo
Hey Armor...I have to say that your write up of your dynasty with the Dolphins is the most detailed article I've read of a dynasty on OS. I followed KB Lover's dynasty when he did on the Raiders and it was superb! On to sliders...I play coach mode and I have posted on your thread before so I do not mean to repost about the same topic but I think I'm at a point where it's time to begin a dynasty. I am a HUGE Dolphins fan and I have been doing a test dynasty with them that I currently sit 6-3 at. I have gone from slider to slider but always seem to find my way back to yours. Now, I do play in the 360 and I have the settings as hum/cpu same cpu offense and hum/cpu same human defense. I played a game last night in which both qb accuracy percentages were on point at around 60-65% but the run game was a little off. Both running backs were over 175 yards but there were a couple long gains during their runs that accounted for the high yardage. Either way...I need to begin a ccm. I have tested so much with the Dolphins that I've worn weary with the franchise and I'm looking to start as an owner for either the Raiders or Browns. Either way...you are a trendsetter and your responses to particular comments left on your thread are extremely detailed and very much appreciated. Hopefully, I'll let you know what I decide and post results of my winnings and hopefully losings....
Try lowering run blk to 40-45. Should bring down the avg. False start, offsides and holding aren't that high, so dropping that should be the compensator. Unless ur seeing a lot of broken tackles which is causing large gains. I would raise tackle.

Sent from my LG-VS410PP using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-07-2014, 07:21 AM   #1522
Hall Of Fame

Armor and Sword's Arena

Teleo,

Thanks for the kind words on the dynasty articles. I am glad you enjoy them as much as I do writing them.

As far as the run game on 360...I would keep the tackling slider as is and just lower the run blocking slider first and foremost. Raising the tackle slider will start to slowly but surely take away the gorgeous animations and natural organic feel of the game, and most backs (who have any worth and start in the league) can bounce off of initial contact if it is a weak tackle attempt and sometimes break some decent tackle attempts, while lower tier backs won't break off tackles nearly as much. Now I have not played M15 on last gen. I have only tested on PS4. So it is hard for me to advise on last gen M15. I hope lowering the Run Blocking slider does the trick (as it should).

By the way...looks like the "big" patch is out. So stay tuned as I will be creating a test offline CFM to test drive the set with various teams and see if anything needs any tweaks.
1987 Yankees YR 3
The Matheny Manifesto YR 3
Far Cry 5
The Witcher 3

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 10-07-2014 at 07:24 AM.
Old 10-07-2014, 08:36 AM   #1523
Hall Of Fame

Armor and Sword's Arena

I have set up a 10 team offline test CFM.

I will commence testing tonight and broadcast games on twitch.

Teams selected:

Bengals
Colts
Dolphins
Jaguars
Steelers
Bears
Cardinals
49ers
Panthers
Bucs

A decent mix of defense, offense, bad, good, middle of the road so we will see how the game plays post patch. Look forward to it.
1987 Yankees YR 3
Far Cry 5
The Witcher 3

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 10-07-2014 at 10:10 AM.
Old 10-07-2014, 11:23 AM   #1524
Rookie

cubby blue's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Armor & Sword's/Marino's All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

Hey armor, do you have to start a new offline cfm for this update to take effect?
Bulls
Old 10-07-2014, 11:31 AM   #1525
Hall Of Fame

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubby blue
Hey armor, do you have to start a new offline cfm for this update to take effect?
I do not know that answer...I am sure it will be answered shortly.

I can tell you for sure I am not restarting my current online Dolphins CFM. I am invested into that for a 5 season minimum.

Once I hit year 5...I usually start a new one with a different team.

But I will start a brand new offline 32 team CFM once I re-test sliders.

I am actually going to start tonight. I want to see the patch notes and I have a feeling I will be starting at All-Pro default again.....and going from there.

So get ready for a good 2 week grind....I am sure Quinn will test with me....and I hope to have a post patch all-pro set done before I head to Vegas on the 20th of October for my 15 year wedding anniversary trip.
1987 Yankees YR 3
Far Cry 5
The Witcher 3

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 10-07-2014 at 12:11 PM.
Old 10-07-2014, 01:31 PM   #1526
MVP

OVR: 6

The details have been released. Does not say if you have to restart your offline franchise....
Old 10-07-2014, 02:10 PM   #1527
Hall Of Fame

Armor and Sword's Arena

I just read the patch notes.....to be frank....I am comfortable going into testing with the base set as is and looking at only a couple of things. As I expected not too much gameplay adjustments. And I like that...I know shocking as the loud majority in the general forums has been screaming like wild banshees about sacks and QB Comp %'s. Yes sacks can be troublesome sometimes....but sometimes they are fine...I am more than willing to live with that to keep the rest of the game intact as I found it to be brilliant.

First and foremost QB Inaccuracies for lower tiered QB's. I want to see how much of an effect it has at the current slider settings. Because I was getting pretty good results to begin with especially QB's under pressure missing passes.

Looks like sacks/pass protection was not touched (only via the tuner that was released and those server side hot fixes done for online CFM are on this patch).

Glad to see all those instability bugs are going to be a thing of the past so I can run a 32 team offline franchise and just pick and choose which games I want to play as I love this game and want to experience other teams. I may even do a fantasy draft offline CFM.

Commentary bugs were fixed....I hope the stat swipe bugs were fixed.

The Increase to the time to choose your defense is great. Thank goodness for that.

I am sure someone will find out if a restart is needed in any current CFM.....if so I am sticking with my online solo in progress....too invested in it and quite frankly the game plays fantastic for me.

Honestly.....I am happy they did not force feed a fix/nerf that was probably breaking something else and throwing the game balance out of whack.

I am in a huge minority it seems that feels this game plays awesome as is with adjusted sliders.

So be it.

Testing to commence tonight (figure 10pmishEST). I will update my slider thread with stream details.
1987 Yankees YR 3
Far Cry 5
The Witcher 3

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 10-07-2014 at 02:49 PM.
Old 10-07-2014, 02:21 PM   #1528
Pro

OBJ 313's Arena

Hey Armor, replied to your post in my thread.

To be frank, after looking over the patch notes, not much to affect our current sliders seems to have made it in.

One thing more than likely, QB accuracy has been patched and we had that at 10 for the very reason they patched it. We were ahead in that aspect, weren't we? We'll have to fine another "sweet spot" for that. Playing against lower-tiered QB as well as the average to the elite ones.

In my opinion, improved adaptive defensive AI can mean two things, and I covered that in my reply. If it could that the defense will "learn" the tendencies of your play-calling better, which in turn allows them to call better defensive formations to stop you.

Or, it could mean the AI of the defensive players on the field is improved. I'm not sure on that one, since it says adaptive. That leads me to believe it is more along the lines of adapting to your play-calls. BUT, if by some chance the defensive AI is improved, the only two things I see you can adjust is Pass Coverage and the Reaction Time sliders. The INT slider really doesn't matter, since I believe the Reaction Time slider being higher is what affects and increase the amount of INTs we see.

So, QB accuracy for sure needs to be looked at. Depending on the latter, possibly Pass Coverage and Reaction Time, but I am still skeptical that has anything to do with defensive AI on-the-field gameplay. That's my opinion.

So, really I don't think we need to restart from base, but instead just make some small, smart tweaks until we get back to where we want the game to be.

Last edited by OBJ 313; 10-07-2014 at 02:34 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »