Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders - Page 192 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 10-07-2014, 02:32 PM   #1529
All Star

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

Clint mentioned on twitter that you could keep your current CFM.

@ClintOldenburg do we have to start me online franchise for update 2 to kick in or can we play one we had

@TITANSPOWERHOUS you can play the one you have.
Old 10-07-2014, 02:54 PM   #1530
Hall Of Fame

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheQuinn94
Hey Armor, replied to your post in my thread.

To be frank, after looking over the patch notes, not much to affect our current sliders seems to have made it in.

One thing more than likely, QB accuracy has been patched and we had that at 10 for the very reason they patched it. We were ahead in that aspect, weren't we? We'll have to fine another "sweet spot" for that. Playing against lower-tiered QB as well as the average to the elite ones.

In my opinion, improved adaptive defensive AI can mean two things, and I covered that in my reply. If it could that the defense will "learn" the tendencies of your play-calling better, which in turn allows them to call better defensive formations to stop you.

Or, it could mean the AI of the defensive players on the field is improved. I'm not sure on that one, since it says adaptive. That leads me to believe it is more along the lines of adapting to your play-calls. BUT, if by some chance the defensive AI is improved, the only two things I see you can adjust is Pass Coverage and the Reaction Time sliders. The INT slider really doesn't matter, since I believe the Reaction Time slider being higher is what affects and increase the amount of INTs we see.

So, QB accuracy for sure needs to be looked at. Depending on the latter, possibly Pass Coverage and Reaction Time, but I am still skeptical that has anything to do with defensive AI on-the-field gameplay. That's my opinion.

So, really I don't think we need to restart from base, but instead just make some small, smart tweaks until we get back to where we want the game to be.
100% agreed. First let's play a game with the sliders as is.....and go from there.

I have a huge hunch adaptive AI is exactly that....adapting to your play calling tendencies. Which the CPU did really well on offense. So let's see how they play defense (they already played pretty damn good to begin with).

I gotta tell ya.....I am very happy they did not really touch gameplay too much....they must feel like we do. The game already plays really good and it just needed some tweaks. Basically the offline patch has the server side fizes and the tuner for those who do not have online access to it already.

I am curious about the commentary fixes....and I hope stat swipe bugs were fixed as well.

Very happy My existing online CFM will have all the fixes applied. I am loving that CFM and refused to start over regardless!

I will give you a heads up tonight to do some streaming.
1987 Yankees YR 3
The Matheny Manifesto YR 3
Far Cry 5
The Witcher 3

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 10-07-2014, 03:09 PM   #1531
Pro

OBJ 313's Arena

Yeah, I'm pretty sure "adaptive" is the key word here on that patch note for improving the defensive AI. I do not think they would have worded it that way if it had anything to do with on-the-field gameplay of the defense's AI, in that manner. So, I actually think we are good with most sliders, they really did not touch anything to make any key adjustments down the list of all sliders.

The only thing is the QB accuracy, really. The question is how much worse are the lower-tiered QBs now after the patch, especially if we keep it QB accuracy at 10. Before, I thought that was the sweet spot, because you still had the lower-tiered QBs throwing errant passes, average QBs some errant passes, and the above-average to elite QBs very few errant passes.

So, QB accuracy seems to be the only real concern here. They didn't touch anything, in my opinion (after reading the patch notes), that warrants starting from a default base set of sliders.

It seems to be the QB accuracy change will just affect the lower-tier QBs going 10/11 in the first quarter like they would sometimes do, taking the high completion rate passes (short outs, curls, drags). They say it will affect them more at "especially within 10 yards," so that leaves me to believe they won't have as much success dinking and dunking their way to 98% completion early on, hopefully.

QB accuracy at 10 now may be fine, it if they really affected the lower-tier QBs' acccuracy then maybe a slight bump, but keep in mind we still want to see errant passes from the average to above-average and even the elite QBs from time to time, so if we change that it can't much, because I think it's perfect for the non lower-tiered QBs.

In the end, this patch really did not affect the gameplay sliders at all, except for maybe something minor like QB accuracy. To be honest, you actually may not have to change anything, and I know that sounds crazy, but just take a look at the patch notes, nothing with the gameplay that would affect our sliders went through. Now, if they did some "ninja" changes, something small, unannounced, yet affects gameplay, that is another story.

We'll see though.

Last edited by OBJ 313; 10-07-2014 at 03:15 PM.
Old 10-07-2014, 03:26 PM   #1532
Hall Of Fame

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheQuinn94
Yeah, I'm pretty sure "adaptive" is the key word here on that patch note for improving the defensive AI. I do not think they would have worded it that way if it had anything to do with on-the-field gameplay of the defense's AI, in that manner. So, I actually think we are good with most sliders, they really did not touch anything to make any key adjustments down the list of all sliders.

The only thing is the QB accuracy, really. The question is how much worse are the lower-tiered QBs now after the patch, especially if we keep it QB accuracy at 10. Before, I thought that was the sweet spot, because you still had the lower-tiered QBs throwing errant passes, average QBs some errant passes, and the above-average to elite QBs very few errant passes.

So, QB accuracy seems to be the only real concern here. They didn't touch anything, in my opinion (after reading the patch notes), that warrants starting from a default base set of sliders.

It seems to be the QB accuracy change will just affect the lower-tier QBs going 10/11 in the first quarter like they would sometimes do, taking the high completion rate passes (short outs, curls, drags). They say it will affect them more at "especially within 10 yards," so that leaves me to believe they won't have as much success dinking and dunking their way to 98% completion early on, hopefully.

QB accuracy at 10 now may be fine, it if they really affected the lower-tier QBs' acccuracy then maybe a slight bump, but keep in mind we still want to see errant passes from the average to above-average and even the elite QBs from time to time, so if we change that it can't much, because I think it's perfect for the non lower-tiered QBs.

In the end, this patch really did not affect the gameplay sliders at all, except for maybe something minor like QB accuracy. To be honest, you actually may not have to change anything, and I know that sounds crazy, but just take a look at the patch notes, nothing with the gameplay that would affect our sliders went through. Now, if they did some "ninja" changes, something small, unannounced, yet affects gameplay, that is another story.

We'll see though.
Agree with the bolded. They really did not touch gameplay......I again...applaud it. Because I truly feel they tried some tweaking with sacks...and it was causing other things to break down. It's not as easy as 1,2,3. I am no game developer....but it must be quite a beef stew of code to sift through.

I will play with Bortles first tonight....let's see how I do with the Jags at our current settings. Then we will play with Romo.....that should give us a really good clue as to any tweak or no tweak to QB accuracy.

I have a great feeling....the patch will be a non-issue for the slider set.
1987 Yankees YR 3
The Matheny Manifesto YR 3
Far Cry 5
The Witcher 3

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 10-07-2014, 03:48 PM   #1533
The Chosen One

greenegt's Arena

OVR: 16

Time to start my offline CFM! YES! I'll be checking here to see if any adjustments are made to your previous slider set.

PSN: OGMeanGreene

Twitter: @greenegt
Old 10-07-2014, 03:58 PM   #1534
Pro

OBJ 313's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Agree with the bolded. They really did not touch gameplay......I again...applaud it. Because I truly feel they tried some tweaking with sacks...and it was causing other things to break down. It's not as easy as 1,2,3. I am no game developer....but it must be quite a beef stew of code to sift through.

I will play with Bortles first tonight....let's see how I do with the Jags at our current settings. Then we will play with Romo.....that should give us a really good clue as to any tweak or no tweak to QB accuracy.

I have a great feeling....the patch will be a non-issue for the slider set.
And I agree with the bolded here. Looking at the patch notes, nothing has affected the gameplay to warrant a change for any other sliders, except for MAYBE the QB accuracy.

Unless at 10 QB accuracy these lower-tiered QBs are just missing passes left and right, then I'm VERY hesitant on changing that, because the average, above-average to elite QBs will hardly, if at all throw errant passes if we raise it too much.

I've played against enough of the elite QBs to know they might throw 3, then possibly in another game, MAYBE 4 or 5 errant passes all game, and 4 or 5 is rare. I'm talking no pressure on them, just bad throws. With pressure, I notice more. You increase QB accuracy too much, and they'll be perfect passers. You don't want that. That isn't sim.

As for the average to above-average QBs, 5, 6, or possibly even 7 errant throws is about right, in my opinion.

Overall, we still don't want 90% completion for these lower-tiered QBs, so possibly keeping QB accuracy at 10 is an option still. Though, we can test that tonight to see how much EA affected their accuracy.

Keep in mind, when testing out the lower-tiered QBs, look for the ones with low short, medium, and deep throw accuracy attributes, since it seems their overall accuracy is tied to that.

Last edited by OBJ 313; 10-07-2014 at 04:01 PM.
Old 10-07-2014, 06:37 PM   #1535
Pro

GrayDawg's Arena

I played my first game post patch in my Broncos CFM year 2 against the Vikings using the sliders testing for gameplay differences and noticed punt returns were more difficult and ended up calling multiple fair catches which was nice to see. However I think pass coverage needs increased as it felt too easy to throw on the CPU. Manning went 22/31 for 371 yards and Bridgewater 20/25 for 176 yards. Most of Bridgewater's yards were in the second half but still a little too much dink and dunk especially on 3rd down. I would like to see better play from the QB on 3rd down at the very least. Broncos won 44-10.
Old 10-07-2014, 07:19 PM   #1536
Pro

Re: Armor & Sword's/Marino's All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

Post patch more sacks than eve using your sliders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »