Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders - Page 195 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 10-08-2014, 10:07 AM   #1553
Hall Of Fame

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

Another little detail that add's to the experience is this year they have nailed weather effects in the passing game.

Playing in a downpour in Green Bay Aarron Rodgers missed on several short passes as well as a medium (15 yard) cross. I attribute that to a wet pig (ball) and the newly patched/tuned short throw inaccuracies. I made a slight adjustment to overcome this....I made sure his feet were getting set, and I toned down my lead passing.

But in turn by waiting to get my feet set...the pass rush was more evident and I still had to hurry the ball out....and made some errant throws. He probably had 4 bad throws on wide open WR's. In the rain, under duress. I also saw WR's slipping a lot, and throwing off the entire timing of the play leading to what was probably a good pass that looked bad because Rodgers would throw to the correct spot the the WR just missed getting their in time.

Yeah.....EA should be applauded for this years game...not incessantly bashed over and over, post after post in numerous threads.

I had been a long time critic of Madden Football since it's move to PS3/360 and Madden 25 IMO was finally the Madden game I had been waiting for on the last gen. But it still had some huge AI warts and a swiss cheese defense vs the run. I had not played a Madden game like M25 (on PS3) and now M15 since Madden 2005....yeah it's been that long. Madden 10 got stale within 3 months...Madden 12...stale within 4 months...I was frustrated. The game was sterile, buggy, not organic, not dynamic last gen.

Madden 15 on the new consoles is leaps and bounds above any Madden made before it on the field....and it's not even close so I have a hard time understanding the incredible bashing it is getting in the main Madden forum.....I guess some will never like the game.

Even CFM is by far the best franchise mode I have played on a football title. It has plenty of great features and presentation compared to any MADDEN BEFORE IT....(other than Madden 2005) which IMO was a great franchise mode and I do wish they would bring back some elements of that.

Draft presentation is better than it has ever been. I love the Madden created draft classes, I love the scouting, I love the fact I can draft busts in the round one and gems in round 5 and 6. I dig the twitter feeds as it brings some life and real world elements with all the banter going on. The news stories, the XP system...huge fan of that.

In game presentation has taken a huge leap this year. It looks and feels like a real broadcast finally. I am disappointed that they did not patch the previous weeks stat's bug in CFM games (it still shows all zeros) I don't get how that was missed. But overall....outstanding camera work and presentation elements this year. I am bummed about the design choice for owner mode this year....but not a game breaker at all for me...I will just play as a coach...oh well..don't get to move my team (something I will not do with the Dolphins) or set prices. I did not think anything was wrong with it on M25.

Anyway....can't say enough great things about the game this year. Yes they still have some work to do in regards to penalties, WR/DB interactions, the continued evolution of the ignite engine/RTP, player weight and momentum (which was vastly improved this year) instant replay/challenge system working better, assistant coaches being added having ratings impact, the continued evolution of CFM injury options in regards to nagging injuries, injury report with questionable, probable, doubtful and nagging injuries impacting on field performance (injuries are a huge part of football and the roster strategy element). Yeah..lot's of things can be added. But this game is a wonderful start.

Give the NBA 2K forum about 2 more weeks and they will be screaming and yelling about something too....LOL (actually I can already see the new playcalling controls are driving people nuts).

I love the patch.....because not too much changed gameplay wise. Yeah yeah...sacks....alright already it is what it is....enjoy the game and if that issue truly can't let you....then trade it in already (It's ok....not everyone is going to love the game). But those that have followed my twitch streams have seen the game on full display (of course how you play and approach it has a lot to do with it), deep passes, smart QB's with good pocket presence, teams playing true to life like their real world counterparts. Are there moments when the QB makes bad decisions? Yes. Are there moments I get a sack I should not have gotten? Yes. But that is expected sometimes when your essentially playing a CPU opponent...

Because in the end.....it's a stinking video game!!!
1987 Yankees YR 3
The Matheny Manifesto YR 3
Far Cry 5
The Witcher 3

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 10-08-2014 at 10:15 AM.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:13 AM   #1554
Hall Of Fame

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyberious4now
I watched the stream last night and I agree this game is golden......Here's the problem I believe people really don't know how to play sim football and that's where the problem presents itself..

Happy Gaming!!!!
Nail hit on proverbial head.

I really think that is the main issue.

Now I am not going to sit here and claim to know what playing "sim" ultimately is or how it should be defined...because I have seen that debated and argued plenty in all the different sub forums here at OS on various sports games. I do believe you should play the game the way you want to...and if you can't get true enjoyment playing it your way then ultimately it will fail. So again I feel bad for those that can't get out what they want from the game...but those that can play a style highly similar to the way I am approaching it (no switch on defense, playing exclusively from the defensive cam, using the entire playbook and not the same 3-5 plays on offense and defense, not using XP till after the season ends and setting that the same for the CPU) I truly believe this game is a beacon for console football.....it's been a long time since I have been able to say that about Madden (well I did last year with M25...but that was sheer exhaustion from all the failure of last gen and it was a monumental fail indeed other than M25 where I finally played a Madden game up till the next release and quite frankly if I did not make the next gen leap I would still be playing it).
1987 Yankees YR 3
Far Cry 5
The Witcher 3

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter
Old 10-08-2014, 11:25 AM   #1555
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Armor & Sword's/Marino's All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

Everyone plays video games differently, and truth is there is no right or wrong way to play. The term "sim" is something I have grown to detest over the years. That said, Madden 15 plays a solid, fun game of football. Happy to see no slider adjustments appear to be necessary as the last thing I wanted to do was make changes to my altered A&S set. I was perfectly content with the games I was getting with them before yesterday's update. So that's a huge plus. Of course I'll have to see for myself, but A&S seeing no reason to change his is encouraging.

1-2 in year two of a Raiders online CFM I'm doing with my brother. Finished 5-11 year one after a slow start. Was able to draft an 82 overall safety with the 5th pick to replace a retiring Woodson. Rebuilding the Oakland defense with youth is going to take some time. Hell, rebuilding the offense is going to be a chore as well. Matt McGloin showing true promise when Derek Carr who has struggled with interceptions went down missing the final 4 games last year has added a wrinkle to the process.

Anyway, as mentioned numerous times over the last page, Madden 15 is the first Madden since PS2 that has managed to keep me playing. Loving every single minute of it. EA stays on track and we're looking at something special a year or two from now.
Old 10-08-2014, 12:18 PM   #1556
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm starting to think only way to maybe deflate sack stats is with lower quarter length. Because sim sack stats are okay, just issue with HUM vs CPU games, might retry game in CFM with 10 min qrts, no run off, and see what I get. Have you ever tried this?

Madden 16: Atlanta Falcons
FIFA 18: OCSC
NBA 2k18: Atlanta Hawks
NHL 18: Florida Panthers
NASCAR Heat 2: Driver Career
F1 2017 - Haas Team
MLB 2k13(360) - Atlanta Braves
NCAA 14 (360): UGA
Old 10-08-2014, 12:19 PM   #1557
Hall Of Fame

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1980
I'm starting to think only way to maybe deflate sack stats is with lower quarter length. Because sim sack stats are okay, just issue with HUM vs CPU games, might retry game in CFM with 10 min qrts, no run off, and see what I get. Have you ever tried this?
No I have not. And that is because it's not bothering me as much as some other players. But it sounds like a reasonable crutch to lower those user sack numbers.

Give it a try!
1987 Yankees YR 3
Far Cry 5
The Witcher 3

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter
Old 10-08-2014, 12:50 PM   #1558
Xbox One X

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

still trying to do some pinpointing on an issue that bugs me.

with exception to pass block, pass reaction time, and pass coverage, my sliders are lined up with this set.

i have yet to move prt and pcv from the default level, as i like to keep things pretty close to the center when possible.

currently, i'm ready to play my week 10 game, i'm sitting 3-5 which i love. i have a great story line going in my single person online CFM, and after a rough start, i'm inching my way back.

however, my dang D is rated 1st in the league in points, yards, and passing yards, and rated 24th in rushing yards.

i'm either losing my games, which is part of the deal, and i appreciate, or i'm winning close games, which is pure excitement.

i love my cfm, would not start over, or change a thing. it just bugs the life out of me that my D is rated so high. 24th rushing, perfect, 1st in every other area, not so good.

so based on the fact my pass coverage and reaction time are at default, which offers the best solution to start giving up more yards? i know the answer is to match them exactly to what's posted, but when i did that, i got eaten completely alive. i'm thinking keep it simple here, yet effective.

keep in mind i'm playing only 9 min quarters, with 20 sec runoff.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XB1X: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 10-08-2014, 02:25 PM   #1559
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Browns (CPU) at Steelers is on the air.

Post Patch offline CFM test game one. All sliders exactly as OP for this first game.
Hi Armor and guys... couple of quick questions... Does anyone know if this patch fixed the Offline CFM stats (I know sacks still there) ?...I was waiting to do an Offline CFM with your sliders. And ,to make sure,is it still true that an Offline CFM season game,can be saved lets say at halftime,and continue that same game another day for example ? Thanks in advance !
Old 10-08-2014, 02:29 PM   #1560
Hall Of Fame

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsDream
Hi Armor and guys... couple of quick questions... Does anyone know if this patch fixed the Offline CFM stats (I know sacks still there) ?...I was waiting to do an Offline CFM with your sliders. And ,to make sure,is it still true that an Offline CFM season game,can be saved lets say at halftime,and continue that same game another day for example ? Thanks in advance !
Yes & Yes.

Sim Stats were patched offline and you can have in-game saves for offline CFM. If someone would be so kind as to explain how in-game saves work on the PS4 for Madden that would be great.
1987 Yankees YR 3
Far Cry 5
The Witcher 3

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »