Home

Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2014, 03:42 PM   #1633
Rookie

Aviator87AC's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullhouse
I feel the same way, in fact I just quit a game as I was up 28-0 as the Browns vs the Saints with 9 mins left in the 2nd quarter. Like Armor said before these may not be for you. I personally have gone to Jarrods sliders which are much more challenging for me.

Props to Armor for his hard work.
I must agree... I am about to pull the plug on my 7-1 Charger's franchise. A&S's sliders on slow played too easy so I thought playing on normal would fix this by making reaction times more difficult. However, I'm still destroying defenses and running for ridiculous amounts. I just barely "lost" against the Broncos in Denver last night and it took an injured Philip Rivers to get me there.

Mullhouse - are you finding the run game balancing out on Jarrod's All-Madden sliders?
Old 10-13-2014, 04:47 PM   #1634
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Armor & Sword's/Marino's All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

I had my first blowout game with the Hawks against the Cowboys. The first 3 games were tight ones.
Old 10-13-2014, 05:37 PM   #1635
Rookie

Qrashman's Arena

OVR: 4

I went 12-4 in the 3rd year with the Jets with these sliders but I had mostly close games that could have went either way. I got blown out twice, too.

My offense was awful, bottom 10 in the league (1500 yards rushing 3500 yards passing with almost a 50/50 TD/INT ratio) but my defense was #1, specifically against the pass. I was middle of the pack in rushing yards given up.

I still think the overarching problem is too many sacks. Wilkerson had 16, Richardson had 15. I was way above any other team in sacks, which is probably why I was so highly rated against the pass (my CBs are rated 87-83-81 - good not great).

QB holds the ball way too long. Scrambling QBs can rarely get away and even more rare is their decision to tuck and run. Kaepernick and Manziel didnt have a single rushing/scramble attempt, although Russell Wilson had 5 or 6.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2014, 06:24 PM   #1636
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbergh22
Its the internet. Urban legends are created on the internet. And idiots believe them.
My favorite comes from NCAA several years back. several guys got it in their head that holding L2 (PS3) while passing resulted in...I don't know, a touch pass? They swore up and down it was a precision modifier for the passing game. Good times.

Anyway on the subject of sliders, so armor I take it the patch did not introduce the need to drastically alter anything? I'm thinking of boosting QB acc a bit because I am seeing a wee bit too many games where the opposing QB finishes with a sub 50% completion.
Old 10-13-2014, 08:16 PM   #1637
Rookie

mullhouse's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator87AC
I must agree... I am about to pull the plug on my 7-1 Charger's franchise. A&S's sliders on slow played too easy so I thought playing on normal would fix this by making reaction times more difficult. However, I'm still destroying defenses and running for ridiculous amounts. I just barely "lost" against the Broncos in Denver last night and it took an injured Philip Rivers to get me there.

Mullhouse - are you finding the run game balancing out on Jarrod's All-Madden sliders?
Run game is good but very challenging. Picks will murder you. It is very difficult and I'm on his easiest set. So far 1-2 with the Saints. It's more real life, less video game.. You really have to pay attention to your reads.
Old 10-13-2014, 08:35 PM   #1638
MVP

heelphreak's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
My favorite comes from NCAA several years back. several guys got it in their head that holding L2 (PS3) while passing resulted in...I don't know, a touch pass? They swore up and down it was a precision modifier for the passing game. Good times.

Anyway on the subject of sliders, so armor I take it the patch did not introduce the need to drastically alter anything? I'm thinking of boosting QB acc a bit because I am seeing a wee bit too many games where the opposing QB finishes with a sub 50% completion.
Haha I'd forgotten about that. Good times.
Old 10-13-2014, 08:58 PM   #1639
MVP

SwaggerCoach's Arena

OVR: 10
Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

Don't know if this has been mentioned here before, but I've been adjusting a key area that has made a HUGE impact in keeping games against the CPU challenging:

Team schemes.

Now obviously if you're online, you can't edit the CPU's schemes. But this works beautifully in offline CFM.

What I do is check to see what scheme my opponent is running and if it makes sense for them given their personnel. For example, if I see a team is loaded at QB and WR and yet is still running a power run scheme, I switch it up to balanced or vertical.

This has the CPU play MUCH more to their strengths.

I just finished a game against the Ravens in year 2 of my offline CFM as the Chargers. Before the game, I moved their scheme from power run to balanced. They had a 73 OVL rookie RB and their O-line didn't have power run players.

It made the game far more challenging. Flacco was slinging it to the Smiths and Pitta in a methodical, tough to stop onslaught. It was another immensely fun game. I only sacked him twice and had to fight to stay in the game.

So if you're rolling offline, check the CPU schemes. This will give you a better challenge.

I haven't messed around with the playbooks...but this might also dramatically reduce sacks. If the CPU is trying to dial up these looooooooong plays that take forever to develop, they might be getting sacked more often. I've been taking mental notes of my opponents scheme and playbook and then jotting down sack numbers. Hopefully I will find a correlation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 10-14-2014, 02:12 AM   #1640
Rookie

Aviator87AC's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullhouse
Run game is good but very challenging. Picks will murder you. It is very difficult and I'm on his easiest set. So far 1-2 with the Saints. It's more real life, less video game.. You really have to pay attention to your reads.
Well I hope. I'm giving up on All-Pro, or at least these sliders. It's just too easy. I'm the kind of guy who spends 20 minutes preparing for a game, looking through opposing rosters and learning traits of the other team...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »