Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders - Page 206 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 10-14-2014, 06:46 AM   #1641
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
I have also moved up injuries to 54 and have played only 2 CFM games so I will report on this after year 2 concludes.

How has increasing injuries gone for you?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 10-14-2014, 07:51 AM   #1642
Rookie

Lil Worm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb0731
How has increasing injuries gone for you?

I have injuries set at 60 and it is working great for me. Honestly for me anything under 60 you just don't see enough of them. That being said.....Armor after the patch I'm still loving this game with your set. It's 7:50AM and I'm at my desk at work day dreaming already about getting off and firing my CFM back up.
Old 10-14-2014, 08:33 AM   #1643
Pro

GrayDawg's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwaggerCoach
Don't know if this has been mentioned here before, but I've been adjusting a key area that has made a HUGE impact in keeping games against the CPU challenging:

Team schemes.

Now obviously if you're online, you can't edit the CPU's schemes. But this works beautifully in offline CFM.

What I do is check to see what scheme my opponent is running and if it makes sense for them given their personnel. For example, if I see a team is loaded at QB and WR and yet is still running a power run scheme, I switch it up to balanced or vertical.

This has the CPU play MUCH more to their strengths.

I just finished a game against the Ravens in year 2 of my offline CFM as the Chargers. Before the game, I moved their scheme from power run to balanced. They had a 73 OVL rookie RB and their O-line didn't have power run players.

It made the game far more challenging. Flacco was slinging it to the Smiths and Pitta in a methodical, tough to stop onslaught. It was another immensely fun game. I only sacked him twice and had to fight to stay in the game.

So if you're rolling offline, check the CPU schemes. This will give you a better challenge.

I haven't messed around with the playbooks...but this might also dramatically reduce sacks. If the CPU is trying to dial up these looooooooong plays that take forever to develop, they might be getting sacked more often. I've been taking mental notes of my opponents scheme and playbook and then jotting down sack numbers. Hopefully I will find a correlation.

Are you doing 32 team control or are you able to edit teams without it. I haven't had any luck with 32 as I am still getting the loading screens when trying to play a game. But as a test 12 teams teams seemed to work for me so I will be going with that until a fix comes in.
Old 10-14-2014, 10:02 AM   #1644
Rookie

Rickyfins75's Arena

I have been using the qb edits (throws ball away to yes and sense pressure to paranoid for all) in my offline cfm. Im restarting due to the god awful sim stats that the patch has been said to have fixed but i was wondering if you use the edits or not. Did they finally get sacks right too because your slider set with the edits pre patch was perfect for me as far as gameplay and im trying to avoid slideritis. If it all works out this is by far the best madden to date. FinsUp!
Old 10-14-2014, 12:01 PM   #1645
Rookie

The Craigler's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Worm
I have injuries set at 60 and it is working great for me. Honestly for me anything under 60 you just don't see enough of them. That being said.....Armor after the patch I'm still loving this game with your set. It's 7:50AM and I'm at my desk at work day dreaming already about getting off and firing my CFM back up.
In one of the other threads a few people have brought up the fact that, after the latest patch, they've had injured players not returning to the correct order in the depth chart. When they return from being out injured, let's say, four weeks, they don't return to the correct order in the depth chart. Apparently, they are automatically put at the bottom of the depth chart for the user controlled team only. They say you have to manually go in and reorder them. Where this could be a real problem is when you do a 32 team control within your CFM. It was also said that for the CPU controlled teams, the injured players would return to their proper place in the depth chart. Is anyone having this issue in their CFMs?

Last edited by The Craigler; 10-14-2014 at 12:14 PM.
Old 10-14-2014, 03:05 PM   #1646
MVP

SwaggerCoach's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayDawg
Are you doing 32 team control or are you able to edit teams without it. I haven't had any luck with 32 as I am still getting the loading screens when trying to play a game. But as a test 12 teams teams seemed to work for me so I will be going with that until a fix comes in.
I'm controlling 1 team at a time. Before each game, I click over to create new coach. Select that team's coach. Go to their scheme. Edit it. Then manage roster --> retire. Back in control of my team. Takes 2 minutes.
Old 10-14-2014, 05:05 PM   #1647
Rookie

PrimetimeUTK's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator87AC
I must agree... I am about to pull the plug on my 7-1 Charger's franchise. A&S's sliders on slow played too easy so I thought playing on normal would fix this by making reaction times more difficult. However, I'm still destroying defenses and running for ridiculous amounts. I just barely "lost" against the Broncos in Denver last night and it took an injured Philip Rivers to get me there.

Mullhouse - are you finding the run game balancing out on Jarrod's All-Madden sliders?
I'm about to pull plug on my Titans franchise as well. 6-0. 1st ranked Offense, 2nd ranked Defense (due to the excessive sacks).

Lead NFL with 33 sacks. 2nd place team has 17.

Also, lead NFL in INTs, both Offensively and Defensively, lol.

Only game I almost lost was against Jaguars, where I won 10-7. Rest were pretty comfortable. Even the CPU high QB completion % has calmed down, making it even easier on me.

My completion % is in the 60s. TD/INT ratio is just about 50/50. I'm getting about 5-6 ypc rushing. But I am averaging almost 300 yds pashing per game with Locker/Mettenberger.

Only thing realistic about my franchise at this point is the fact that Jake Locker gets hurt every other game, just like real life!!! HAHA

Gonna look at tweakin' sliders a bit or maybe hitting up Jarrod's or Charter's or someone else's, and restart franchise as a different team.
Old 10-14-2014, 06:38 PM   #1648
Rookie

Lil Worm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Craigler
In one of the other threads a few people have brought up the fact that, after the latest patch, they've had injured players not returning to the correct order in the depth chart. When they return from being out injured, let's say, four weeks, they don't return to the correct order in the depth chart. Apparently, they are automatically put at the bottom of the depth chart for the user controlled team only. They say you have to manually go in and reorder them. Where this could be a real problem is when you do a 32 team control within your CFM. It was also said that for the CPU controlled teams, the injured players would return to their proper place in the depth chart. Is anyone having this issue in their CFMs?
. Yes it does place the player coming off of the injured list to the bottom of the depth chart. I just make sure each week if I have a player returning I manually adjust my depth chart to how it should be. I don't run a multi team CFM so it's not an issue for me to have to do it this way. I could definitely see a 32 team CFM being a real pain in the rump having to do this. Lol I do encourage anyone that can live with the depth chart issue though to give the injury slider at 60 a shot though. You don't have an excessive amount of major injuries, but it does cause enough injuries during the game to sometimes play a part in some outcomes of games though. CAN NOT SAY IT ENOUGH.......LOVING THIS MADDEN!!! THE BEST MADDEN TITLE YET IMO!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »