Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders - Page 23 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 08-29-2014, 07:38 PM   #177
MVP

cquigley's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhuff
CPU AI is too easy to shred. Don't get me wrong most plays the AI is way better than it has been in a long time. But I can run play action two drags one direction and a drag other direction and complete it all day up and down field for big gains. Even on all madden. Just found this today after I was enjoying the upgraded AI. Very disappointing .
In his first post he says to not cheese. You gotta stop yourself from doing those things so you can have better, more realistic games.

Old 08-29-2014, 08:01 PM   #178
Pro

OBJ 313's Arena

OVR: 0
Icon14 Re: Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by BangersnMash
QB accuracy at 5? I seem to be doing something wrong here because basically all my throws are completely off the mark. No matter if it is short, mid or deep, I always seem to be under or overthrowing my receivers. Note that this is my first madden in over 6 years, so what am I doing wrong here?

Yes, one thing I noticed is that at user QB acc at 5, with Drew Brees I didn't have many problems. Then, I play as Shaun Hill, and he actually has pretty good Short Throw acc and Medium Throw acc, I was seeing way too many errant passes and forget about using the left stick to lead or throw slightly behind a receiver, because it is just too sensitive and usually ends up not even close to the receiver.

Might just be me, maybe I need more time and taking it easy on the left stick or not use it at all, or maybe it's Shaun Hill as playing with Drew Brees was a bit easier to keep that completion percentage up. Not with Shaun Hill though. I moved the user and cpu QB acc to 10, and hopefully I can pass well enough with a lowered tiered QB and not be totally abysmal.

BUT, I do want to say a very big thank you to Armor & Sword for his work on these sliders, as I've used them as my base set, and I believe I've actually found a set that plays perfectly for me. Everything seems good, which is surprising because I haven't found a slider set this early on in Madden to play with before. That's a great thing. I'm using Normal speed and these work fine on that speed as well.

Just to note some of the things I've changed. I moved up WR catch to 90 for both. Reason being, you just don't see ALOT of drops in the NFL. I hate when the ball hits that invisible wall instead of the receiver's hands and it's a drop. I still get drops often enough though, when my receiver gets the ball in traffic and may take a hit or the DB gets his hands in there.

I dropped tackle down to 25 for both. In the NFL you don't usually see a RB (I know it affects all players) that can break initial contact, go down on the first hit. This adds more animations to the field of play while running the ball, and very slightly boosts the running game up for a good tackle-breaking RB.

I bumped up the INT slider for both to 35 as I hate seeing how defenders dropped the ball only because of an "invisible wall" is there, where it doesn't usually even hit their hands. I found at 35, you have to be smarter with your reads and where defenders are because at this number, if the ball hit them in the gut, I notice it usually ends up in an INT.

And that is all I've changed, because I think everything else is great. The penalty sliders are good, in my opinion, as is the rest of your gameplay sliders. I still see many sacks in some games, but I think we just may have to live with that again this year as we did in M25. I do believe IG affects the QB somewhat in throwing the ball away more, but I'm not entirely sure, so IG at 5 is fine with me. I don't think the special teams sliders actually need to be touched this year either. If any, maybe FG power to 45, but I think 50's across the board is okay.

So, no slideritis this year, at least for me! I had it last year, but this was a good base to work with. I still might test out QB accuracy some, but that may be because I'm a little rusty, and the sensitivity of the left stick when passing is going to take some getting used to (haven't played in 3+ months). Might just have to lay off it for a non-elite QB.

One more thing, I'm playing 15 min quarters with a 15 acc playclock, and I'm getting around 120 plays a game. Just a FYI, to anyone still trying to figure out a good playlock runoff time to get near the NFL total play average. I used this in M25 and got the same results, actually.

So thanks again, Armor! I'm ready to play, only if offline CFM sim stats weren't broken.. I refuse to play my main mode of play with those wacky stats. So, just Play Now for me, for now.

Last edited by OBJ 313; 08-29-2014 at 08:57 PM.
Old 08-29-2014, 08:20 PM   #179
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Armor & Sword's/Marino's All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by cquigley
In the middle of my first game. It's raining and I can't complete a pass to save my life. Bortles came in and throws a perfect 60 yard touchdown on his first play haha.

What is the average number of plays I wanna see in a game?
120 I believe

Madden 16: Atlanta Falcons
FIFA 18: OCSC
NBA 2k18: Atlanta Hawks
NHL 18: Florida Panthers
NASCAR Heat 2: Driver Career
F1 2017 - Haas Team
MLB 2k13(360) - Atlanta Braves
NCAA 14 (360): UGA
Old 08-29-2014, 08:38 PM   #180
Pro

GrayDawg's Arena

I don't know if you guys have seen this but I was blitzing the quarterback on 4th and inches trying to beat the snap and made the sack however I was way offsides as I sacked the QB as he was pulling the ball away from Center and I was like great they got a first down. Wrong as it turns out it was my ball and the game continued on like nothing happened. Is this a glitch or what?
Old 08-29-2014, 08:39 PM   #181
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cquigley
In his first post he says to not cheese. You gotta stop yourself from doing those things so you can have better, more realistic games.
Thing is I'm not really cheesing. The last thing I want to do is exploit the CPU. It's just a normal play action and if I bullet it to box it works for 20 yards every time. Single back 3wr play action boot. I'm like 14/17 for 250 yards and 3td in the first quarter. With josh Mccown as qb and CPU pass d jacked up. Lol..

Same crappy AI. Every year it takes half the football season just to find playable sliders.
Old 08-29-2014, 08:54 PM   #182
Rookie

Bler's Arena

Just want to say that I have been really enjoying the sliders. The only issue I seem to have is that the only incomplete passes I see on the part of the CPU QB are dropped passes, errant QB throws, or INTS. My defenders hardly ever swat the ball down while CPU defenders seem to do this regularly (CPU always jumps up to knock my throws over the middle down). I do play as the Cowboys and I know that their defense is terrible but this is just one observation I've made.

Overall though, very good sliders. Keep up the good work.
Old 08-29-2014, 09:13 PM   #183
Hall Of Fame

Armor and Sword's Arena

QB Accuracy is something that takes lot's of games to get right.

But somewhere between 5-10 is where I know we can find a sweet spot. What I also know is individual QB ratings have a profound impact as well as using the right stick in controlling your lead passing as well as pass trajectories, bullet or lob etc etc.

I really like 8 but wanted to test 5. I am going to put the human accuracy back to 10 and leave the CPU at 5 right now and keep playing various QB's as well as seeing cpu QB's.

We will get there. But again...when you have played Madden as long as I have you learn to accept certain imperfections with the game and understand it is not 100% sim....I want decent stats, exciting games but most importantly having fun.

This years game (much like M25 for me on PS3) has been a total blast so far.

I am going to join on the air with a couple of games tonight on Twtich at
9:30 EST.

15 minute quarters with runoff to 18 ticks.
Everything on page one with the exception of human pass accuracy at 10 for game one tonight.

Updating OP with Auto-Subs
1987 Yankees YR 3
The Matheny Manifesto YR 3
Far Cry 5
The Witcher 3

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 08-29-2014 at 09:29 PM.
Old 08-29-2014, 09:28 PM   #184
Rookie

Legionnaire's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Armor & Sword's/Marino's All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
But I am also looking at doing my CFM online this year as the server side fixes will occur far before a major patch drops. EA's servers are usually quite reliable when your doing a solo online CFM.
Not to de-rail the slider topic, but that got my attention. Why do a solo online franchise? What're the advantages? And how does it work, exactly? Like, do games not count if you lose your internet connection for a moment while playing, or does it only require a connection when advancing weeks?

Anyway, back on the topic. I played a few games with the original v 1.0 you'd posted. Same problems as everyone's had, sacks and accuracy. Then I bumped CPU Accuracy down to 6, and TAM's McCown was still throwing it like a Hall of Famer against me (didn't throw his first incompletion until the 2-minute drill before the half). So I bumped CPU accuracy down to 3 the next game, and McCown was utter garbage against me all of a sudden. Not sure how he made such a huge leap with only 3 clicks on the slider. Are sliders really that sensitive? Yikes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »