Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders - Page 230 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 12-30-2014, 10:01 AM   #1833
Rookie

eastcoast49ers's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

Hey A&S. I loved your MLB sliders on PS3 so i trust your work. Been using these in my franchise on PS4 but am noticing that the CPU always has a very high completion percentage. They either hit their WR or throw an INT. not seeing throws that just miss. This happening with anyone else?
Old 12-30-2014, 12:32 PM   #1834
Hall Of Fame

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoast49ers
Hey A&S. I loved your MLB sliders on PS3 so i trust your work. Been using these in my franchise on PS4 but am noticing that the CPU always has a very high completion percentage. They either hit their WR or throw an INT. not seeing throws that just miss. This happening with anyone else?
Mmmm. I get games when the CPU is dreadful, going deep down the field if it is there, missing throws. I would suggest you keep playing and give it a full season. I have had games they are on fire, games where they play the way their averages and ratings would dictate and games when they stink.

I am getting good variety, great animations, good stats (other than the sack crap which IMO is what it is on All-Pro) etc. Game has flaws, no question. But I am done tweaking...been done for a long time.

Keep at it.
1987 Yankees YR 3
The Matheny Manifesto YR 3
Far Cry 5
The Witcher 3

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 12-30-2014, 04:15 PM   #1835
Rookie

eastcoast49ers's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Mmmm. I get games when the CPU is dreadful, going deep down the field if it is there, missing throws. I would suggest you keep playing and give it a full season. I have had games they are on fire, games where they play the way their averages and ratings would dictate and games when they stink.

I am getting good variety, great animations, good stats (other than the sack crap which IMO is what it is on All-Pro) etc. Game has flaws, no question. But I am done tweaking...been done for a long time.

Keep at it.
Thanks for the reply. I am only 4 games in. So far I have found that offensively the set is very challenging which I like. Defense has been pretty easy even with the CPU QB's completing a lot (They also throw a lot of INTs). Granted, I play as the 49ers which does have a great defense.
Old 12-30-2014, 05:35 PM   #1836
Hall Of Fame

Armor and Sword's Arena

My 10-2 Dolphins rolled into Big D to face the 6-6 Cowboys.

We took a 24-10 lead into halftime. After Jason Garret made some halftime adjustments I proceeded to lose momentum. 3 straight 3 and outs to start the second half.

Joseph Randle started getting chunks of yardage on the ground (Murray left via FA).

With a 24-19 lead I was driving in the beginning of the 4th quarter. Inside the 15 yard line I drop back...see Randell Cobb break on his out route...I fire a bullet...but the pass is off target towards the inside of the route and Derrick Carr breaks on it and take it 98 yards to the house.

I never saw the lead again.

Cowboys rally from 18 down to win 33-24.

Wow.

Only one sack for me and 2 for the Cowboys.

Dolphns fall to 10-3 after racing out to a 9-0 start. We now will face our division rival in the Buffalo Bills who come into Miami at 10-3 as well!

What a great game Madden 15 is man. I can't stop playing.

As a side note I have moved my Run Block slider down to 40 because my OL is riding very high with Confidence. That aspect plays a huge role in the swings you get on the DL and OL...CB...everywhere to honest. Also I moved pass catching up to 85 for both the CPU and HUM...most WR's rarely drops passes and ratings play out better at the higher catch slider value (Quinn was right about that).

So some tweak tibits. Since CFM has this dynamic with confidence the run block and pass block sliders can be tweaked down slightly as it is over powering on the upside IMO. On the other side you should struggle badly when confidence is low and I would not change anything and it forces you to focus on build it back up through winning and game prep.
1987 Yankees YR 3
Far Cry 5
The Witcher 3

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 12-30-2014 at 05:44 PM.
Old 12-30-2014, 10:49 PM   #1837
Rookie

VincesVictims's Arena

Armor you are so right madden 15 is amazing. I cant stop playing this game. Imo you need to pick your own plays do not use coach suggestions it makes the game so much more realistic. imo coach suggestion makes playing defense to easy. I've played with at least 15 different slider sets on OS and these by far are the best and most realistic if you play the game as armor says on first page. Thanks again armor amazing work.
Old 12-31-2014, 12:56 AM   #1838
Rookie

OVR: 3

Any tips for playing defense with these sliders? I'm struggling a bit on defense and offense as well but maybe thats just a product of not playing Madden in years along with using the Jets.
Old 12-31-2014, 08:10 AM   #1839
Hall Of Fame

Armor and Sword's Arena

Another tidbit.

Defensive graphics are now off. I do not play with prompts or the tackle cone anymore. Cleaner screen and a better more simulated game approach.

Also I am using the slim style play book.

I adjusted both user and cpu catching to 85 on the OP.
1987 Yankees YR 3
Far Cry 5
The Witcher 3

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 12-31-2014 at 01:30 PM.
Old 12-31-2014, 08:35 AM   #1840
Hall Of Fame

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by premeteam
Any tips for playing defense with these sliders? I'm struggling a bit on defense and offense as well but maybe thats just a product of not playing Madden in years along with using the Jets.
I would highly recommend you do every single drill on Madden 15. They are actually a lot of fun and will also teach you a ton of details on how to read defense's on the offensive side of the ball and how to call what defense's for down and situations. Start there.

Then when you play defense it all depends on what your good at. First off I play defense exclusively from the defensive cam now. For me it has made the game incredible on the defensive side of the ball. I always feel totally engaged doing that. But it's not easy and takes practice. I typically play any LB position of RE or LE, but in some cases I will also play safety. It's all about read and react most of the time for me. But I will also take my shots with user blitz's (whether that is a pass blitz or run blitz) with a LB.

On offense, knowing how to read your blocks is vital to having a good running game. DOn't try to bust everything outside if the hole is clogged up...take your 1-3 yards and get to the next down vs losing 1-3 yards trying to make something out of very little. Knowing when to break outside is key. You will know after you play a lot and take what the defense gives you. Once you learn that discipline your running game will get better. But also remember inside CFM player confidence is a huge variable and if your OL has low confidence you will have problems and will need to rely on your stick skills and RB ratings to make things happen in the running game.

In the passing game the CPU will jump routes. They really improved the defensive AI but unfortunately the WR AI is sub par. Learn to use your lead passing. On deep balls tap the icon vs holding it down. And I don't even use the lead passing on streaks and posts anymore, I simply tap the WR icon and the pass will lead them. If they are tightly covered take control of the WR and use the triangle button to fight for the ball. Your WR's will not do that on their own most of the time. It is something that hopefully will be an area of focus for Madden 16 (WR/DB interaction).

Mix up your play calling a lot. The CPU actually will adjust. Also if they are running the ball well...they will stick with it until you prove you can stop it. If a certain WR or TE is hot they will keep finding them until you slow them down.

Good luck and have fun.
1987 Yankees YR 3
Far Cry 5
The Witcher 3

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »