Home

Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2015, 09:18 AM   #1889
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincesVictims
I have been playing the first 3 games of my new franchise with the IG slider at 77. What i have seen is a whole lot of short passes. I'm still seeing a lot of sacks. In my first game P manning threw the ball 52 times (game went to ot) and he only threw it over 20 yards twice. The second game N Foles threw 19 times for 68 yards and was sacked 6 times. I'm going back to 10 With the IG slider with it there i have seen all different kinds of passes.
This is exactly what I had seen when I tested way back when. I can live with a 5 sack average per game in exchange for the cpu throwing the ball downfield and getting the variety we get with the settings on page one.

It's about what you want in your game experience. Some players (and I totally respect it) can't stand the sack issue. I can live with it.

But it better be fixed along with other warts for 16! Lol.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 01-14-2015 at 09:21 AM.
Old 01-14-2015, 10:46 AM   #1890
Pro

VincesVictims's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
This is exactly what I had seen when I tested way back when. I can live with a 5 sack average per game in exchange for the cpu throwing the ball downfield and getting the variety we get with the settings on page one.

It's about what you want in your game experience. Some players (and I totally respect it) can't stand the sack issue. I can live with it.

But it better be fixed along with other warts for 16! Lol.
Lol for sure needs to be fixed. I also hope they fix how powerful the confidence factor is. Because the first 3 games of my season have been so much fun and the games have been very tight. But imo once you win a few in a row and the confidence gets over 65 for players some things tend to get a little to easy like the run game and the number of sacks per game go up. At least that's what happens in my seasons. im doing something different in this season im letting the cpu do all game prep to see if that helps at all.
Old 01-14-2015, 12:23 PM   #1891
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincesVictims
Lol for sure needs to be fixed. I also hope they fix how powerful the confidence factor is. Because the first 3 games of my season have been so much fun and the games have been very tight. But imo once you win a few in a row and the confidence gets over 65 for players some things tend to get a little to easy like the run game and the number of sacks per game go up. At least that's what happens in my seasons. im doing something different in this season im letting the cpu do all game prep to see if that helps at all.
Exactly.

So yes...I have a few house rules now in regards to confidence and the run blocking slider.

1. If I win a game I will only use game prep to work on XP only

2. If I lose a game I will only use game prep to increase confidence if a player falls below 50.

3. If my OL has an average confidence level 65 or above, I will work the run block slider down 5 clicks to a maximum 10 clicks from the OP level (so I could adjust it down to 30 in theory).

I can tell you it worked well in my year three season as I raced out to a 9-0 start and tapped the brakes on my run block slider as well as never using game prep for confidence and I actually sputtered back to earth and finished 12-4 going 3-4 in my final 7 games.

So give that a try.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2015, 06:35 AM   #1892
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

Had a great game with these sliders. Won 28-24 as the Browns over the Raiders. Their offense really attacked and play calls and execution on defense really mattered.

Speaking of House Rules I play kind of as "defensive coordinator" as one of my house rules. I use Ask Coach for offense and use only one of the three plays that are given to me. No audibles, hot routes or anything like that. On defense I take more control though and select all plays and usually play as Free/Strong safety. A good challenge and keeps the game very fair.
Old 01-15-2015, 11:14 AM   #1893
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachoMyers
Had a great game with these sliders. Won 28-24 as the Browns over the Raiders. Their offense really attacked and play calls and execution on defense really mattered.

Speaking of House Rules I play kind of as "defensive coordinator" as one of my house rules. I use Ask Coach for offense and use only one of the three plays that are given to me. No audibles, hot routes or anything like that. On defense I take more control though and select all plays and usually play as Free/Strong safety. A good challenge and keeps the game very fair.
I play the same way. Only reason I don't use Ask Coach on defense is I don't feel the plays selected ever really match the situation.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 01-16-2015, 09:15 PM   #1894
Rookie

OVR: 1

Hey, man, I just want to thank you for your efforts. I've been using your MLB sliders for a couple of years now and they are what really turned me on to the MLB series. However, Madden 15 is a dog**** football game and I've come to the conclusion that even the best efforts at sliders couldn't make this dog**** game worth a ****. I am a 12-year veteran of the NCAA football series - never did get into Madden until last year. I gave Madden 15 a fair shot but there's just too much about this game that is dog**** - too many sacks, piss-**** pass defense, a Colts team that ranks #3 in rushing and #21 in passing (with your sliders!) Etc, etc... it's just a pisser of a game.

As a fan of your work, however, I do appreciate what you have tried to do here with your sliders. I tried to make the best of them by turning an eye to glaring problems like me having ****ing 9 sacks a game (and I never play DL), or a pisser like Blake Bortles going 24-28 on me for 350yds and 4TDs, but then later in the year Tom Brady goes 9-31 for 106yds and 3INTs. It's just a **** too much to stomach. I can still go back to the PS3 and NCAA 14 for a decent football game. I do whole-heartedly enjoy MLB 14 thanks to you - I use your sliders now - love them - and enjoy that first-rate sports game while I'll be enjoying the $35 I'll get from some piss****ed shmuck on Ebay who purchases the Madden 15 PS4 version I just put up tonight. (NOTE: if any of you know any shmucks who are looking to buy Madden 15, slightly used, PM me and I'll send you the link to the auction so they can piss their money away.)

Looking forward to your sliders for MLB 15 and also Madden 16 - Yes, I'm just like the lot of you in that I hate this ****ing game but I'll still be a ***** and buy the next version of it in hopes that they *finally* get it right (even though I know that it will be dog**** as well.)

Old 01-17-2015, 01:49 AM   #1895
Rookie

nickmacias's Arena

I have not read all 190 pages of this post so forgive me if this was already answered Armor but, will these sliders work well on All Madden difficulty?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2015, 07:40 AM   #1896
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmacias
I have not read all 190 pages of this post so forgive me if this was already answered Armor but, will these sliders work well on All Madden difficulty?
I seriously doubt it....the CPU will be way too juiced. What you might try to do is to take the Player Skill settings and use them for the CPU as well (i.e. so both player and CPU sliders are the same).

I've never tried it; but by looking at the settings, that might work very well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »