Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders - Page 33 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 08-30-2014, 08:27 PM   #257
Pro

OBJ 313's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by acreyman
Just wondering if there was anyone using these stats with a BAD team that actually has a loosing record?

Try playing as the Rams with Shaun Hill (since Sam Bradford is out) as your starting QB with these sliders. The Rams have the best D-line in the NFL, pretty damn good LBs, not so great secondary though.

On offense you have Kenny Britt, speedster Tavon Austin, Brian Quick, and a pretty good tight end in Jared Cook. All young talent, but not too bad. Start Chris Givens as your kickoff returner (he is fast and this is what the Rams have done in IRL). Also put RB Tre Mason as your second kickoff return guy on the depth chart, but Givens will get you the best returns. They have a pretty damn good 2nd year RB in Zac Stacy as well. He is stout. Speed is in the high 80s, 93 acceleration, and 91 trucking ability.

Now, with that being said, QB Shaun Hill with these sliders isn't easy to do well with. Play as the Rams against some NFC West teams, which have the best defenses in the league, and probably the toughest division overall currently. Cardinals have a good secondary so good luck passing the ball effectively consistently, 49'ers have elite LB'ers, so good luck trying to run all over them, and finally the Seahawks with their elite secondary and rushing attack, good luck with that. It is a challenge with Shaun Hill, especially.

When I do finally start my offline CFM, after they eventually patch the sim stats, I plan on either trading for a better QB or trading up in the draft for a quality QB that can start early. The Ram's defense is too good right now to let the offense hold them back from winning games and making playoff runs. The same can be said for them in real life as well. They weed an above average or a good game-managing QB, now that Bradford is out, probably for future with the Rams as well. The defense can take care of its own business. Just need a new future QB.

Now, with that being said, give the Rams a test against some good teams playing as Shaun Hill and see how well you do. I play on normal speed though with these sliders (and also slightly tweaked from the base set to my liking), not slow. Slow is just too easy as everything comes at you at too slow of a pace, in my opinion.. not representative of the NFL's speed on the field. Anyway, if you try it out with these sliders, let us know if you lose any games and aren't "dominating" (I saw your post in the other thread lol) on All-Pro compared to All-Madden

Last edited by OBJ 313; 08-30-2014 at 08:36 PM.
Old 08-30-2014, 08:27 PM   #258
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Sorry guys, had to cut the broadcast a bit short (movie night with the GF). Thanks to all those that tuned in and watched my crazy comeback against the Bucs.

A&S is definitely onto something great with these sliders. The difference between elite and mediocre QBs is awesome. I never felt cheated once while playing.
Old 08-30-2014, 08:30 PM   #259
Hall Of Fame

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbattisti
I am about to start trying to play with these sliders and a team full of rookies and first year players. I traded away my entire team and replaced them all with draftees and rookie or first-year UDFAs.

The average OVR of my entire team is 73. The average OVR of all of my starters is 76.

I hope to God it's rough going for me. That's my expectation. (I like to start out like this and then try to build the team up.)

However, I have not upgraded to Armor's 1.2 set, and I'm not sure if I can because I'm already 2 years into my thing, so I'm not sure if there is a way for me to edit my rosters...
You can load the newest slider version 1.2 but you can't edit your rosters.

I am going to start an online solo CFM tonight as the Dolphins, with my QB Edit roster....which I am going to do further edits to as I forgot to edit the top free agent QB's...plus I want to edit some rookies up and down a little.

So once I fully edit the Roster I will upload a brand new version for CFM. What I think I will do is DL a community roster that is updated with missing players and all the current cuts and work off that and do the QB edits.

Slider set 1.2 settings will be posted tonight around 10PM EST on the OP.
1987 Yankees YR 3
The Matheny Manifesto YR 3
Far Cry 5
The Witcher 3

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 08-30-2014, 08:31 PM   #260
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
You can load the newest slider version 1.2 but you can't edit your rosters.
Thanks very much for clarifying that A&S, that helps!

So, the fact that you are embarking on roster editing tells me that you liked the way it worked after those edits?
Old 08-30-2014, 08:33 PM   #261
Hall Of Fame

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbattisti
Thanks very much for clarifying that A&S, that helps!

So, the fact that you are embarking on roster editing tells me that you liked the way it worked after those edits?
The game plays incredible. Best console football game I have ever played.
1987 Yankees YR 3
Far Cry 5
The Witcher 3

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter
Old 08-30-2014, 08:46 PM   #262
Pro

OBJ 313's Arena

Unfortunately being on the X1, I won't be using edited rosters. I like to stay away from doing that anyway, but I believe I'm close to having my final sliders for the rest of the year with your basic set and after some tweaking. Much appreciated man.

Now, I'm just waiting for your updates on your changes to your sliders after last night. I'm interested if you changed anything like injuries or penalties, specifically. I think going down to 51 for rough the passer was good idea as I did also see too many of those called. When you played Vikings vs. Packers I don't remember seeing it called so that one point dropped helped it seemed.

I also know you mentioned you made changes to your coverage sliders, so that has me curious. I just don't want lower-tierd QBs passing too effectively on me. You get deep into the coverage sliders and things tend to change dramatically it seems. So take that into consideration.

But as always, keep up the good work armor. I have faith your sliders will provide many with satisfactory games this year.

Last edited by OBJ 313; 08-30-2014 at 08:49 PM.
Old 08-30-2014, 08:46 PM   #263
Hall Of Fame

Armor and Sword's Arena

BTW the new pass coverage tweaks I made have ever so slightly opened up the deep ball when you earn it.

Seriously I think everyone will love the set. Very giddy about starting my online solo CFM tonight!
1987 Yankees YR 3
Far Cry 5
The Witcher 3

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter
Old 08-30-2014, 08:47 PM   #264
Rookie

OVR: 1

Are you going to wait until the next official roster comes out with the final 53 players or going to incorporate that into your edits?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »