Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders - Page 38 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2014, 02:05 AM   #297
Rookie
 
LinkU28's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2014
Re: Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by gymrat8168
Just gave the 1.2 with edited roster version a try and they played pretty good. I actually had 0 sacks against the Jets with the Raiders. My main complaint is that the CPU never throws the ball down the field. I think Geno tried one pass over 10 yards and it was broken up. Any ideas on changes to make the CPU throw the ball more then 10 yards?
Somebody earlier on this thread said that he picked the underneath adjustment on every defensive play. I've tried it in a couple of games and I actually did see the CPU extend the ball upfield. This led to more incomplete passes since most QBs deep accuracy numbers are lower. I use Armour's sliders and Manziel had about a 55% comp percentage with 2 completions of over 20 yards.

They still seem to check it down, but not nearly as much. I'll have to do more investigating on this.
LinkU28 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 02:06 AM   #298
Pro
 
OBJ 313's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 643
Re: Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

Well, I saw the user pass coverage and reaction time changes on defense, especially interested in the user dropping down to 40 on both. I know we want the QBs to get the balls out more, take less sacks, put up better passing numbers overall, but do we need test to see if the lower-tiered QBs are not finishing games with unnaturally high completion percentages against better competition first? Maybe test/play against some teams like the Raiders (Matt Schaub) and the Jaguars (Chad Henne), vs. teams that are considerably better just to make sure those lower-tiered QBs aren't putting up too high completion percentages?

Before I adjusted many of my sliders from A&S's base set, I had CPU QB acc at 5, and playing as the Rams vs. the Jags, starting QB Chad Henne would just make too many completions against a somewhat capable secondary. In the 77+% range on completion percentage at that. At 10 CPU QB acc, lower coverage skills for the user, that can only get better for the lower-tiered QB, I would guess. Might need to test that out.

I don't mind the fumble change. I didn't see too many at 50 though, but it's not like there are a TON of fumbles in an NFL game.

I do like some changes to the CPU coverage sliders though, as you said Armor, that can open up the deep ball when you earn it. That's welcome.

I adjusted FG accuracy in M25 (to 45) as I thought the CPU NEVER missed FGs at 50, so maybe 48 might make a slight difference. I'd like to see some misses from the CPU on longer field goals.

Only thing now I'm looking for is any possible changes to injuries (just a tad bit more) since fatigue is slightly low at 53, but as you said, that setting works with your auto-subs.

Also, I don't know if you made any changes to other penalties, besides roughing the passer to 51, but I'm curious if you are set on the other penalties being where they are. I think they are good. Maybe more holding penalties would be nice from time to time, but I haven't played enough games to get a good feel for how many penalties are getting called per game.

Thanks for the updates Armor. I appreciate your work. I'm going to have to think hard on changing the user coverage sliders since being dropped, but that might just need to be tested to make sure the lower-tier QBs aren't putting up great numbers against okay secondaries.

One small note, I'm gonna leave CPU pass blocking at 95. I liked it there after watching the Vikings vs. Packers game last night.

One thing, I wish I could edit the QB ratings to throw away the ball more, but since I play one franchise in offline CFM for a long time, the rookies would screw that up anyway, but it sounds nice. Thanks again!

EDIT: One thing I do like about the thought of having the user coverage and reaction sliders at 40, the CPU QB might go for more long balls (would love to see more of that), I'm just still worried the crappy QBs in the league will benefit and exploit the holes in the secondary too often due to the lower settings, but maybe not, it might be a good balance. I have faith in Armor, so I'll probably certainly try it out. Good thing about a base set, you can always cater it to how you think it should play for you.

Last edited by OBJ 313; 08-31-2014 at 02:34 AM.
OBJ 313 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 05:43 AM   #299
Rookie
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Jun 2010
Re: Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

Hi Guys,

Thought I would chime in with a few thoughts.

Played with the Falcons against the Texans with all the edits mentioned so far.

Texans 15 - Falcons 41

So first half was very close, Foster was up to 77 yards rushing and I was only winning by 3 at half time due.

Second half however - Its like their fitness was awful. I started running all over them, Fitzpatrick threw 3 interceptions and I sailed away.

One note - I got no sacks which for the Falcons is about right lol, but our coverage was tight.

I threw a 49 yrd bomb to test out long throws and White jumped up and grabbed it in the endzone..

Played nice.
Roncatto is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 05:49 AM   #300
Pro
 
OBJ 313's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 643
Re: Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roncatto
Hi Guys,

Thought I would chime in with a few thoughts.

Played with the Falcons against the Texans with all the edits mentioned so far.

Texans 15 - Falcons 41

So first half was very close, Foster was up to 77 yards rushing and I was only winning by 3 at half time due.

Second half however - Its like their fitness was awful. I started running all over them, Fitzpatrick threw 3 interceptions and I sailed away.

One note - I got no sacks which for the Falcons is about right lol, but our coverage was tight.

I threw a 49 yrd bomb to test out long throws and White jumped up and grabbed it in the endzone..

Played nice.

Man, that's a pretty high score for the Falcons, considering the Texans defense isn't all that bad. I'm not so sure about their secondary though. Did you take any sacks with Clowney and Watt at the DE positions? I know their offense is pretty weak though.
OBJ 313 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 06:04 AM   #301
Rookie
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Jun 2010
Re: Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheQuinn94
Man, that's a pretty high score for the Falcons, considering the Texans defense isn't all that bad. I'm not so sure about their secondary though. Did you take any sacks with Clowney and Watt at the DE positions? I know their offense is pretty weak though.
I gave up 2 sacks, one was from a DT I think and the other was a MLB blitz.

I think I gained 17 of those points from the turnovers.

Gonna try the Rams at home to Pats. See what happens there.
Roncatto is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 06:16 AM   #302
Pro
 
OBJ 313's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 643
Re: Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

Armor, can you update all the slider changes in the OP when you get the chance. Very much appreciated man.
OBJ 313 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 06:23 AM   #303
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: May 2012
Re: Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

I'm having trouble with my amount of passing attempts.

I play with the chargers and use game flow and Rivers is throwing the ball 40-50 times a game. I just started a new CFM and here are the amount of snaps from both teams. Ryan Matthews ends up with like 30 carries and Rivers passes 40+ times. Woodhead/Donald Brown never get carries because Matthews is always in.

Tell me if you think these numbers sound off or sound alright.

Time of possession:
Chargers - 34:07
Cardinals - 25:53

Total Offense:
Chargers - 393 yds
Cardinals - 374 yds

First Downs:
Chargers - 22
Cardinals - 15

Score: Chargers 27. Cardinals 24.

Chargers:
Passing - 30/46 275 yds, 2 TDs/0 INT
Rushing - Matthews 26 att/107 yds. Woodhead 6 att/13 yds. Brown 0 att.
Kicking/Punting - 7
Total snaps - 85

Cardinals:
Passing - 23/36 239 yds, 1 TD/1 INT
Rushing - 15 att/109 yds
Kicking/Punting - 5
Total snaps - 60

Total plays for both teams combined: 145

Any feedback on these numbers and if it seems ok or not would be amazing! Thanks!
Friar Fanatic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 06:43 AM   #304
Pro
 
OBJ 313's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 643
Re: Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friar Fanatic
I'm having trouble with my amount of passing attempts.

I play with the chargers and use game flow and Rivers is throwing the ball 40-50 times a game. I just started a new CFM and here are the amount of snaps from both teams. Ryan Matthews ends up with like 30 carries and Rivers passes 40+ times. Woodhead/Donald Brown never get carries because Matthews is always in.

Tell me if you think these numbers sound off or sound alright.

Time of possession:
Chargers - 34:07
Cardinals - 25:53

Total Offense:
Chargers - 393 yds
Cardinals - 374 yds

First Downs:
Chargers - 22
Cardinals - 15

Score: Chargers 27. Cardinals 24.

Chargers:
Passing - 30/46 275 yds, 2 TDs/0 INT
Rushing - Matthews 26 att/107 yds. Woodhead 6 att/13 yds. Brown 0 att.
Kicking/Punting - 7
Total snaps - 85

Cardinals:
Passing - 23/36 239 yds, 1 TD/1 INT
Rushing - 15 att/109 yds
Kicking/Punting - 5
Total snaps - 60

Total plays for both teams combined: 145

Any feedback on these numbers and if it seems ok or not would be amazing! Thanks!

Those passing completion numbers don't seem too bad, maybe the passing yards could be a bit higher. That is one thing I noticed, high passing attempts and usually not too high on the passing yardage in some games. The Cardinals secondary is pretty good though too.

The time of possession and the running yards seem okay as well, maybe just a little low, but at least they broke 100 rushing.

The total plays at 145 seems a bit high. Were you using a 15 second runoff with the 15 minute quarters, but I think that can vary depending on how quickly you ran your offense (probably because you used gameflow/coach's suggestion).. not sure.

Last edited by OBJ 313; 08-31-2014 at 06:47 AM.
OBJ 313 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:05 PM.

Top -