Home

Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2014, 06:54 AM   #305
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheQuinn94
Those passing completion numbers don't seem too bad, maybe the passing yards could be a bit higher. That is one thing I noticed, high passing attempts and usually not too high on the passing yardage in some games. The Cardinals secondary is pretty good though too.
The yards are perfectly fine for me. I usually average like 300+ yards with Rivers, but I just couldn't get anything deep. I ran lots of slants and screens that didn't do ****. I turned the CPU's pass reaction up to 100 because it's too easy on 50.

I was just worried about all the passing attempts. It seems like a lot if Rivers is passing 40-50 times every game.

The CPU's passing was fine for me.

Quote:
The time of possession and the running yards seem okay as well, maybe just a little low, but at least they broke 100 rushing.
The CPU's rushing was good att/yd wise but they just didn't get enough attempts. Only a total of 15 attempts, but then again they did have to pass a lot.

My rushing was hard because my O-line and and my RB's suck. The problem I have is Matthews is always in. I would like Matthews to not have 26 carries when Rivers also has 40-50 attempts. My only guess for a solution to this would be to manually pick plays and substitute him out?

Quote:
The total plays at 145 seems a bit high. Were you using a 15 second runoff with the 15 minute quarters, but I think that can vary depending on how quickly you ran your offense (probably because you used gameflow).. not sure.
I used 10 second runoff. So every play it ran down to 10 seconds. I usually hiked the ball (as did the cpu) around 1-5 seconds on the clock.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2014, 06:59 AM   #306
Pro

GrayDawg's Arena

OVR: 0

I wanted to get a little feedback from you guys as I have been testing the sliders and at times it feels the CPU quarterback isn't very smart so I wanted to see if there were other sliders that may affect intelligence besides QB Accuracy. For example, I was playing the Vikings against the Patriots when it was on 5 and Tom Brady was making decisions like he was 3rd string rarely throwing medium to deep passes. Brady ended up throwing 76% but the problem was it was mostly short throws. In fact, the vikings won 38-10 which clearly was not realistic at all. Another thing, I have been seeing is that when it is thrown short to a back or a tight end a lot of times if they are near the edge of the field they will run out of bounds instead of taking it upfield when they have the opportunity. I am going to test the updated sliders later on but I wanted to get some ideas from you all for improving this for offensive players as it would improve the overall gameplay.
Old 08-31-2014, 07:12 AM   #307
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayDawg
I wanted to get a little feedback from you guys as I have been testing the sliders and at times it feels the CPU quarterback isn't very smart so I wanted to see if there were other sliders that may affect intelligence besides QB Accuracy. For example, I was playing the Vikings against the Patriots when it was on 5 and Tom Brady was making decisions like he was 3rd string rarely throwing medium to deep passes. Brady ended up throwing 76% but the problem was it was mostly short throws. In fact, the vikings won 38-10 which clearly was not realistic at all. Another thing, I have been seeing is that when it is thrown short to a back or a tight end a lot of times if they are near the edge of the field they will run out of bounds instead of taking it upfield when they have the opportunity. I am going to test the updated sliders later on but I wanted to get some ideas from you all for improving this for offensive players as it would improve the overall gameplay.

I'm curious. Was that using Armor's updated user 40 pass coverage and reaction time?

I was thinking the idea behind lowering those two on the user's side might be so that any receivers running intermediate to deep routes would get open against the user's CPU secondary, and the QB would take their shots on those routes instead of the constant high completion percentage routes we see with all the short passes in the flats, curls, or hitches.

At least that is what I was thinking Armor is trying to do, but I may be wrong. lol
Old 08-31-2014, 07:30 AM   #308
Rookie

OVR: 4

Hmmmm. I'm thinking of upping CPU pass block to 100. The rams defense was the unblockable Bears. 13 SACKS!!! 2 QB's taken out of the game. Silly town.

Still only won 26-23 lol due to the fact that I was struggling on offense as well.

CPU rushing is about right. they averaged 4.5yrds and all their points came from rushing TD's and a saftey.
Old 08-31-2014, 07:37 AM   #309
Pro

GrayDawg's Arena

No it was not and I have no doubt that those changes will help but I wonder if some of the sliders may affect how players react such as the aggressiveness of the QB and receiver. What I would like to see is backs and receivers not going out of bounds on 3rd and short just before they reach the marker. I cannot tell you how many drives were stopped because the CPU receivers didn't make a more aggressive effort to get the first down. They just seem really passive when this takes place.
Old 08-31-2014, 07:53 AM   #310
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roncatto
Hmmmm. I'm thinking of upping CPU pass block to 100. The rams defense was the unblockable Bears. 13 SACKS!!! 2 QB's taken out of the game. Silly town.

Still only won 26-23 lol due to the fact that I was struggling on offense as well.

CPU rushing is about right. they averaged 4.5yrds and all their points came from rushing TD's and a saftey.
Well, they DO have the best D-line in the NFL. From Robert Quinn, Chris Long, and Michael Brockers.. all beasts. Once they add Aaron Donald to play along side Brockers they will be the new "Fearsome Foursome" like the old Rams.

BUT, 13 sacks just isn't right either way. lol

If you didn't, I definitely suggest using the left bumper to set up your O-line protection, based off what you see from the defense. Or maybe max protect versus an elite D-line. I found I got sacked a lot less once I used the O-line protection calls more often.
Old 08-31-2014, 08:03 AM   #311
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Guys,

I passed out last night.....so update forth coming right now to the OP.

I am working on a new QB EDIT roster so whenever I finish I will upload it. Please don't constantly ask when will it be done....I don't know. But it would be no later than this evening.

Quinn I kept passing defense the same on V1.2 for human. I do want to see more games vs weak QB's before making any decision on that aspect.

Other than the sliders are tight...and work amazing with the QB Edit roster.

Have fun!
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 08-31-2014 at 08:11 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2014, 08:09 AM   #312
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Guys,

I passed out last night.....so update forth coming right now to the OP.
Good morning Armor! And no problem on passing out.. we've all passed out one time or another. lol

You should read back a couple pages, since you've been gone. Some inquiries and comments about the sliders from various people, including myself. I think I know where you're going with dropping the user pass coverage and reaction to 40 now. I'm not sure, but I mentioned it in a previous post in here. Thanks for the update.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »