Home

Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2014, 11:27 PM   #673
Rookie

OVR: 4
Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

Do you guys find all pro challenging or do you pretty do what you want? Do you ever lose to the CPU on all pro. Cause I want a better some experience with the belief I can actually lose. An I know all pro give you a better sim experience.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 09-03-2014, 11:37 PM   #674
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb0731
Do you find all pro challenging or do you pretty do what you want? Do you ever lose to the CPU on all pro

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I find that AP plays how I think it should. AM might be more challenging, but I've always felt that ratings just matter more on AP. Now, you also need to find a good balance with your sliders, first and foremost for challenging gameplay. You want a challenge, but you don't want cheese either.

With the sliders I'm using (Armor's sliders with some tweaks/normal speed), if I play as the Saints I don't have much of a problem controlling a game against most teams, but I wouldn't say it's too easy.. especially against the really good defenses in the game.

But this year, especially in offline CFM (when they fix sim stats), I'm playing as the Rams. I've been playing with them since I got the game and put Shaun Hill in place of the injured Sam Bradford, and it's definitely hard to get some momentum going on offense against a competent defense. The one thing the Rams do have that is great, is the best D-line in the NFL, good LBs, and an okay secondary (the weakest link, but they have some young up and comers).

On offense you basically have Kenny Britt, speedster Tavon Austin (can be a great weapon), Brian Quick (he is okay), and TE Jared Cook (surprisingly not too bad), but the one thing you need is a better QB to run the Ram's offense, otherwise yes, the game can be difficult playing good teams on AP... but the Ram's defense will keep you in games as well.

My main team as life-long fan is the Saints, but I wanted a slight re-build job for my CFM this year, as the Saints would just be too easy to win with this season. Armor's sliders with my tweaks (and playing on normal speed) has provided satisfactory gameplay for me. Also, I'm not playing with the QB edits, so take that into account too.

Last edited by Shon 23; 09-03-2014 at 11:44 PM.
Old 09-03-2014, 11:38 PM   #675
Banned

Jibbler's Arena

Yeah I lose and win games. the problem is getting the balance with difficulty anything before all pro is to easy and you will throw for about 500 yards a game flawless. Madden is to scary for me, I really am not after a challenge I just want realistic games.. I feel All Pro is the best to play at and this slider set I am playing lots of close games win and lose. no blowouts yet so don't have a dynamic games yet it terms of scores yet like you can in MLB the show.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2014, 12:01 AM   #676
Rookie

I don't know, I have played your sliders and roster as the Niners

WK1: 52-7
WK2: 54-7

I play as Brock exclusively on D, burned for a 77 yd TD WK1 against the 'Boys cause I bought on PA -- WK2 Forte got a counter TD run.

The Niners D is amazing, not too many sacks, a few fumble/recoveries for TDs thus far

WK1
CK: 80% 334YD 3TDs Pass, 1 RUSH TDs -3 YDS total RUSH
Gore: 152 YDS RUSH 1 TD

WK2
CK 56% 298 YDS 4TDS Pass, 2 RUSH TDs 64 YDS total RUSH
Gore: 99 YDS 0 TDS
VD: REC 3 TDS

Just off the top of my head

no cheesing, no player catching unless streak (which is rare) -- balanced rush vs pass
on D use Coach suggestions
Old 09-04-2014, 12:04 AM   #677
Just started!

All:

First time I have ever posted on this site. Wanted to start a new thread, but for some reason I do not have the appropriate permission to do so.

Anyway..This site has been really helpful in my quest to find the best slider set. I have been messing with sliders for over a week. Its pretty addicting. I found a set that is working really well. Wish I could post a new thread to explain in detail, but I listed some info below.

All Madden Setting
Normal Speed
Penalties on Default Setting
Fatigue at 63
Auto Subs - Personal preference

Human:
All settings at default (50) except for catch..That is set at 25.

AI:
All settings at default (50) except for the ones listed below..They are at 25.
-Pass,Catch,Run Block,Tackle (These are set at 25)

One thing I have noticed is that strategy really matters this year when playing on All Madden..Calling the right Defense and making proper adjustments is key. If you call blitz after blitz..the comp will light you up with screen passes. You must use the defending options to guard specific wide outs that continue to run slants. Chose inside protection to shut it down.

I have had great results with the simple slider set above. I have tried a variety of options prior to settling with this set.

If I play a bad team, I normally win by a decent margin, but sometimes the games are close or I lose. If I play Seattle, Sherman shuts down the right side and Lynch is a beast and difficult to defend. Other backs with lower skills are easier to defend. QB play on both sides plays well. Not perfect, but I have games with 50 to 60 % comp ranges. Sometimes comp has high 60 or low 70 range. Sack do not seem to be an issue either. On all pro...I get 6 to 9 a game. With these settings on AM, I get 1 to 4 per game. Overall the stats seem to mirror NFL stats.

This is the best Madden I have played. I have played everyone since the Sega days. I guess this is why I decided to post this info at 11:45 PM on a work night.

Sorry for the ramble, but I just wanted to share what I have found. Hope its helpful.
Old 09-04-2014, 12:09 AM   #678
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
I think you guys are trying to solve some of the same things I am. The traits have been the key and I'm glad someone figured that out. That took care of sacks until a patch. Now it seems the dink and dunk AI QB is next. I've seen a lot of idea's. Has anyone tried putting all QB's as aggressive force the ball trait?

Theoretically it's seems this would work. If it's been tried I would like to know the results. I'm going to try it soon
I had an earlier post that I was trying qb pressure trait at trigger happy instead of paranoid. ive played 3 games now and its definetly a bit better but still not where it needs to be imo. the cpu was throwing quite a few 10 -12 yard passes but only goes deep a couple times a game. definetly still too many dump offs for my liking though. My sack numbers havent been sacrificied for sure though with the change. ive only had 5 sacks in 3 games. zero in my first game then 2 the next and 3 in my last.
Old 09-04-2014, 12:42 AM   #679
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Armor & Sword's/Marino's All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

What are the chances EA releases a patch that addresses the CPU QB's willingness to take sacks? While I'm glad there appears to be a temporary fix with this I'd like a long-term solution before I actually try and log some serious time in this game.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 09-04-2014, 12:58 AM   #680
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

Re: Armor & Sword's/Marino's All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
What are the chances EA releases a patch that addresses the CPU QB's willingness to take sacks? While I'm glad there appears to be a temporary fix with this I'd like a long-term solution before I actually try and log some serious time in this game.
I would say slim, but who knows, people have been pretty verbal this year especially about the sacks.

They didn't do anything with M25 and the sack problem there, but maybe since that was just merely a port, and this is a "newer" game, they'll listen to the playerbase and do something about the QBs holding on to the ball too long.

I think their priority should be sim stats for offline CFM being fixed first, but if they somehow hear what is happening with sacks this year, just maybe something changes... but I think it's slim. I hope I'm wrong though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »