Home

Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2014, 02:47 AM   #689
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Swords All-Pro Slow Simulation Style Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayDawg
Since you are done with your slider set have you been able to get a decent amount of db deflections for your team? I tend to play DE or DT so I want to see some more deflections from my db's. It seems like they tend to go for the pick most of the time and it is usually reflected in the stats where the CPU will have several deflections and I will only have a couple?
I play as the Rams and also only play solely as the DE, and one thing the Rams don't have are great DBs, so that's the weakest point on the team, at least on defense.

Regardless I have seen DBs go for swats and interceptions, sometimes taking them out of the play and missing a chance to tackle the WR, unfortunately. I've also seen some good pass break-ups, and with the pressure I get from my defensive line (best NFL D-line IRL) I can sometimes force turnovers through the air. I do notice sometimes if pressure is closing in on the QB he'll force a throw and it results in a pick, but that may just be in my mind. lol..

I kept my user pass coverage and reaction time at 40 (same as A&S), so I think it's more of my D-line causing the turnovers in the air, when they do happen. I mean, the Ram's DBs aren't terrible, but not as good as the front 7. They do okay.

For the most, so far I've tried playing more games where the teams are of near equal skill level, I haven't tested enough with some of the tougher teams, like the 49'ers, Seahawks, or Saints. You can throw Packers in there too. I've only played a couple games against and them, and Aaron Rodgers actually played well, as well as Eddie Lacey.

Last edited by Shon 23; 09-04-2014 at 02:50 AM.
Old 09-04-2014, 03:51 AM   #690
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
I haven't seen a holding call either. In fact I don't think I have seen a holding call in several years on Madden, LOL.
ive had 2 in about 20 games with holding set at 95. lol
Old 09-04-2014, 08:03 AM   #691
Banned

OVR: 1

I just want to thank you Armor for all the work here.

And of course the community for the QB Adjustments.

Ive decided on moving Clowney and Mack to DE, Donald and Tuitt at DT and go for a 4-3 Rookie D.

See how all the adjustments work.

So far the games have been so good I cant see myself playing more then 2 or 3 at a time. The stress!! lol

Anywho, Armor your the best.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2014, 08:08 AM   #692
Pro

Quote:
Since you are done with your slider set have you been able to get a decent amount of db deflections for your team? I tend to play DE or DT so I want to see some more deflections from my db's. It seems like they tend to go for the pick most of the time and it is usually reflected in the stats where the CPU will have several deflections and I will only have a couple?
I have had a few awesome diving pass breakups in my secondary in the past few games. They definitely happen. This is from AI guys. Haven't seen a pass batted at the line though.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:11 AM   #693
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelD1974
So far the games have been so good I cant see myself playing more then 2 or 3 at a time. The stress!!
This! Other than the first game where I got blown out, every game I have played has left me feeling tense/thrilled. Hung on to beat the Bears last night, with a 10 pt lead, they scored late to put the pressure on, and of course I went three and out and missed a 45-yd fg. Probably should have punted. Had to sweat a last minute drive towards field goal range but sealed it with a sack on 4th down. Whew!!!!
Old 09-04-2014, 09:21 AM   #694
Pro

kchuskey's Arena

OVR: 4

I played these last night in a test CFM with the Chiefs. I put them in EXACTLY like the 1st page, with the exception of Ball Hawk, Auto Strafe, Heat Seeker, and Switch Assist. I left them all off. Other than that... Sliders were exactly the same. I played game one of the preseason vs the Bengals, and was leading at half time. Chiefs 21, Bengals 7. I had 150+ yards rushing, and they had close to a hundred. I had 39 yards passing, and they had around 70. I didn't have time to play the second half, and I didn't copy down all the stats.

My first impression based solely on my experience, was that it seemed a tad easy to run, as I had a 56 yard TD run from Charles, and a 40+ yard TD run from Joe McKnight. I understand it was just one half of one game, but wanted to comment.

I will twitch my next game, as I don't have the time to write down all the stats etc.. after game. I'll let you know when I do. Side note.... I use the ask madden feature mostly. However I will move up and down within the suggestions to pick a play. Typically I usually run the one that is strategy based. Also I never switch players, or user catch.

"I remember a day before sliders existed, when we would play an entire season, before dinner."
Old 09-04-2014, 09:26 AM   #695
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

0-2 Chiefs roll into Miami to face 1-1 Dolphins in week three.

The Chiefs are limping into Miami this week as All-Pro RB Jamal Charles will be out with a foot fracture (he sustained this injury in week one). Also LE Allen Bailey will miss the game with a quad tear he sustained in the pre-season.

The Dolphins are looking to rebound from a heart breaking road loss to the Bills. Kicker Caleb Sturgis felt responsible for the teams loss missing 2/4 FG's which ended up being the difference in the game as the Fins fell 34-29.

Steaming now on Twitch!

Week 3 of the NFL
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2014, 11:30 AM   #696
MVP

SwaggerCoach's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
0-2 Chiefs roll into Miami to face 1-1 Dolphins in week three.

The Chiefs are limping into Miami this week as All-Pro RB Jamal Charles will be out with a foot fracture (he sustained this injury in week one). Also LE Allen Bailey will miss the game with a quad tear he sustained in the pre-season.

The Dolphins are looking to rebound from a heart breaking road loss to the Bills. Kicker Caleb Sturgis felt responsible for the teams loss missing 2/4 FG's which ended up being the difference in the game as the Fins fell 34-29.

Steaming now on Twitch!

Week 3 of the NFL
The pick 6 to open the game followed by the commentary talking about how happy the coaches were that this team committed 0 turnovers a week ago was hilarious.

I noticed the CPU dumped off to the flats for its 1st 4 passes before it started looking downfield.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »