schnaidt1's Madden 15 Sliders - Page 44 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

schnaidt1's Madden 15 Sliders

This is a discussion on schnaidt1's Madden 15 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 07-29-2015, 12:48 AM   #345
All Star

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: schnaidt1's Madden 15 Sliders

This is what I'm currently messing with....very very early set though.

Quote:
People are for reviews if it backs their argument, and against them when they don't.
Quote:
"Yes, I get satisfaction out of hitting a guy and seeing him lie there a while."
Jack Lambert
Quote:
“We’re the Pittsburgh Steelers. We’re supposed to be the intimidators” - Jack Lambert
Old 07-29-2015, 01:12 AM   #346
MVP

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

Nice....completion is what we want....lots of dinking and dunking too sounds like. I'm trying to figure out what makes cpu qb go deep...

How many sacks were you seeing??

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, ESO Tamriel, Madden, COD.
Old 07-29-2015, 07:41 AM   #347
Pro

StefJoeHalt's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
Nice....completion is what we want....lots of dinking and dunking too sounds like. I'm trying to figure out what makes cpu qb go deep...

Have u tried moving IG up to the range of 80-99? Seems to help with sacks..also I have had success with sacks by moving game speed from "normal" range to "fast-very fast" range..seems to help the logic of the CPU...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 07-29-2015, 12:02 PM   #348
MVP

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
Have u tried moving IG up to the range of 80-99? Seems to help with sacks..also I have had success with sacks by moving game speed from "normal" range to "fast-very fast" range..seems to help the logic of the CPU...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have considered moving game speed up to fast...but i hate how the animations look....doesnt look as smooth..but u are right...it does appear to help ai logic.

I have messed with ig up...it helps them release ball quicker....but its like all they due is dink and dunk....and ive bumped accuracy down to 2...and up to 70 to see if it will help them take deep shots ....hoping going down field more will create more incompletions...haven't found the right combo yet tho

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, ESO Tamriel, Madden, COD.
Old 07-29-2015, 07:41 PM   #349
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1

What makes the QBs go deep? I do think IG plays a part in it, but it is also about the coverage. If guys are covered too well, they get all dinky-dunky on you. There is really a balancing act here. I strongly suspect your high threshold is playing a major role here - guys are likely too tightly bunched and the CPU is reading that primary targets are too well covered.

I would run an experiment and drop threshold using the exact set you are testing - I personally find that 19 is an almost perfect separation but I also think that 40 works well too. Yes, it is likely to throw other things off, but I think the threshold could be your issue.
Old 07-29-2015, 07:50 PM   #350
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

I've tested the qb traits and if they're set to aggressive they will take more shots downfield.
I just hope M16 tunes the qb traits so they will take less sacks and take more shots. Just by the qbs throwing more medium to deep passes they should have a drop in qb %.
I see more realistic qb play when the traits are set to
Throw ball away: yes
Aggressive and trigger happy.

Last edited by D81SKINS; 07-29-2015 at 07:54 PM.
Old 07-29-2015, 07:55 PM   #351
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
I've tested the qb traits and if they're set to aggressive they will take more shots downfield.
I just hope M16 tunes the qb traits so they will take less sacks and take more shots. Just by the qbs throwing more medium to deep passes they should have a drop in qb %.
I see more realistic qb play when the traits are set to
Throw ball away: yes
Aggressive and trigger happy.
Oh, I agree....the issue is that even conservative QBs take should take shots downfield, just not as often....sounds like Schnaidt isn't seeing any.
Old 07-29-2015, 08:33 PM   #352
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
What makes the QBs go deep? I do think IG plays a part in it, but it is also about the coverage. If guys are covered too well, they get all dinky-dunky on you. There is really a balancing act here. I strongly suspect your high threshold is playing a major role here - guys are likely too tightly bunched and the CPU is reading that primary targets are too well covered.

I would run an experiment and drop threshold using the exact set you are testing - I personally find that 19 is an almost perfect separation but I also think that 40 works well too. Yes, it is likely to throw other things off, but I think the threshold could be your issue.
Lower pass cvr and adjusted qb traits. Cpu is so conservative by default and tight coverage really does lead to dink and dunks and more coverage sacks when they do look for the deep pass.

Just think about when most of the sacks come,
2nd and 3rd and longs
End of half, when the tend to call all streaks.

Test one thing at a time, that way you know what changed the qb play.
Maybe start w/ pass d sliders and maybe test a few games with edited qb traits.
By default M15 has improved pass d coverage, which is the cause of more sacks, and seeing how inept the cpu qb AI is. EA thinks they are balancing the game by making the qbs throw more accurate and always throwing to the 1st player that's open.
Soon as we adjust and start covering the underneath, then the sack fest starts.
It's really been an issue with Madden for years now and it's only been worse since they improved the AI coverage.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »