Home

Last slider set b4 Madden 15

This is a discussion on Last slider set b4 Madden 15 within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2014, 01:26 PM   #1
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0
Last slider set b4 Madden 15

Yes, 1 more slider thread. I tweaked enough and played several games in a row where I really like what I am seeing. Here is a link to gameplay footage showing multiple plays of the last game I played (and lost 38-33) to KC. Last game of the current season for me. KC is 12-3 at the time. They have a really solid team. Quality D, quality QB, etc. So, I feel this shows how 2 good teams play each other with my sliders. Here's the link if you want to see what I see:
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...t=video%2c.mp4

Highlights/Ideas I'm trying to show with this video:

1. WR/DB Interactions - Quality swat animations instead of Ints all the time.

Broken up passes. Tough catches Made and tough catches dropped. Appropriate ints made with good coverage, poor throws made.

2. QB play/Sacks - I only got 1 sack and 1 int in this particular game. Between the quality of the QB and the sliders, the QB consistently gets rid of the ball at the correct time and will avoid sacks and/or throw the ball away when pressured. Lesser QBs will take more sacks than quality QBs, so u will still see a few big sack games against weak QBs, however, I have rarely seen a 10 sack game in a while as I was tweaking these sliders. The QB will also throw some random (sometimes due to pressure, sometimes due to coverage, sometimes purely random) incompletions. U will see overthrows, underthrows, etc. instead of Ints all the time. U will also see my QB do the same. A couple of overthrows on what could have been completions simply due to my QB having a somewhat lower medium acc. I think it's 77-80 somewhere right now.

3. I show a couple of runs just to show what it looks like. Running feels about right, though. Running to the outside is hit or miss. You will take 2-5 yard losses often. However, you will break a big run here and there. So, running feels challenging/rewarding for the most part. The cpu will also hit or miss running.

My approach with these sliders has always been animation first, challenge second as an fyi. I want to see the correct animations, and hopefully that will achieve the desired simulation football results. As i start to see the correct animations, if the game feels too easy in any aspect, I start to tweak towards difficulty. With this particular set, I also started by trying to set many sliders to 0 (this worked so well with Madden 13 and in essence "turns off" the sliders, but doesn't work as well with 25). As I played, I found some of these weren't working well, so I started to switch them to values I have used in my other slider sets, and then tweaked here and there. I also try to set sliders equal for hum and cpu as I want ALL of the AI players to play the same. This works for some sliders, and not so much with others. So, you'll see some of the similarities. With this set I feel I have achieved about the best mix I can. If you currently have a CFM where your team is stacked, you may win every game, but if you start with the Jags or Browns, I would like to think you will struggle. But, overall, for me, this is absolutely the closest I've come to seeing what looks like real football in this game, and I hope others will as well.

So, feel free to check out the video to get an idea. Try em out. I know this is late as Madden 15 is coming out soon, but this is how long it took to bring everything together with these golsh dern sliders.

So, if you're still playing and looking for a set that I think will play differently than a lot of others and possibly freshen up the game for some, let me know what u think.

These have only been used/tested in CFM All-pro. I have no idea how they play in Play Now.

Hum/Cpu

QB Acc19/19

Pass Blk0/60

(This is EXTREMELY important for QB Releasing the Ball appropriately. Too high, and he will hold onto longer taking coverage sacks. Too low, and he will take quick sacks. This really is EXACTLY the right value imo)

WR Catch64/64

(This is EXTREMELY important for WRs to actually challenge for the ball and toe tap appropriately)

Run Blk0/0 - Updated to 23/25

This still had the running game feeling overpowered for both hum and cpu, so I've tweaked this, and am now playing with 23/25. This does make a difference and feel the running game is about as good as it's going to get for me at this point. I'm seeing avg yards/carry between 4-5 most games with occasional blaster games for either hum or cpu (I gave up 300 yds to some jacka$$ RB). You will see outside running overpowered against WEAK defenses (particularly if OLBs are weak and can't blockshed), but against a good set of LBs, u will find it hard to run to the outside. I like the run game in general, but this may be a spot of personal preference. Believe me when I say, 0/0 is MORE overpowered than 23/25, so you have to play with this some or go with 23/25. I think it feels realistic enough.

(This seems to work just fine and players play to their ratings imo)

Fumbles56/69

(This may be tweaked per individual. I personally draft players with high hit power, and I was getting fumbles on every hit and seeing like 5-10 fumbles per game. So, I have been tweaking this higher and higher, and I think I finally found the right spot for me. I am still not fumbling the ball much, and may still lower hum fumble. But, this also has caused the CPU to juke more appropriately at a high value, so I like what I see here)

Pass D Rx59/59 Updated to 57/60

(This is EXTREMELY important value. LBs are actually waiting and responding to handoffs better at 59 allowing them to ALL take better pursuit angles on any given play. Also, DBs are more often in constant motion during pass plays instead of simply running to their zone and standing still)

Ints13/13

(Seeing more swats here mixed with many other sliders. Above 15 and you will start to see too many ints)

Pass Cov59/61

(This is EXTREMELY important value. At Hum 59, the coverage is such that the cpu QB recognizes open men earlier and mixed with Pass Blk 60, gets rid of the ball appropriately. Between 59-61 has also shown more incomplete passes - YES, QB ACC seems to have almost NOTHING to do with incompletions. I'm sure this is a mix of slider settings, but believe me, after testing so many different things over many months, I have found this to be true. 62 and higher for either Hum or Cpu will result in too many Ints, but for some reason at 59-61, the QB will overthrow/underthrow a WR INSTEAD of throwing an Int or throw the ball WAY out of bounds)

Tackling0/0

(This seems to allow for ratings to matter more. Good tacklers tackle well. Poor tacklers don't. With tackling at 0, however, you MUST sim Cpu FGs!!! lol. They won't be able to kick over 20 yds)

Special Teams (these are really up to you, but here's what I play with)

FG Power55

FG ACC50

Punt Power46

Punt Acc47

Kick Power55

Game Options

Injuries31

Fatigue59 (allows for D to get tired, but not too tired in 2nd half)

Min Thresh36 (allows for fast players to be fast, but not too fast, imo)

Penalties (EXTREMELY important as these do affect gameplay. You will often see anywhere between 1-10 penalties per game. Holding is most frequent. Clipping some on kick returns or run plays. Facemask may be called 1-4 times per game as well. False starts will occur as well, and offsides will rarely occur. However, I believe the false start to offsides differential between sliders needs to be minimal. With my sliders, you should only see 1-3 pancakes per offensive linemen. However, you may see 5 pancakes by a WR or FB if he keeps slamming a smaller CB to the turf. Overall, I really like the lineplay I'm seeing with these.)

Offside63 Updated to 61

False Start62 Updated to 60

Holding61

Face Mask56

Def PI63

Off PI62

Punt CI62 Updated to 61

Clipping56

IG23 (Important. Helps cpu QB release the ball appropriately and throw out of bounds some instead of taking sacks)

RP54

RK63 Updated to 62

AutoSubs

General rule: I'm currently using 95/85 for many positions and seeing minimal subbing when appropriate. However, if you have players with Stamina less than 80, I believe, you may see them disappear near the end of a game. I have Julio Jones with 95 Stamina, and I have had games where he has caught 10 balls for 200 yds, and is still in the game at the end having been subbed a few times during the game. However, I have also had Julio have 10 catches for 100 yds, but have a big play in the 4th qtr, and never see him again. So, this is still glitchy. I also have a bigger slower WR with around 80 Stamina, I believe. He will absolutely disappear in the 4th if he catches too many balls. However, with this setting, I do see subbing during the game when a player has a big run or catch. They'll sit for 1-5 plays and actually come back. So, sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.

Other settings

Skill All-pro

Qtr Length15 min

Acc ClockYes

Min Clock Time14

Game Speed Normal

Auto StrafeOff

Heat Seeker Off

Ball HawkOn

Switch AssistOn

Let me know what u think.

Last edited by OhMrHanky; 07-12-2014 at 07:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2014, 01:43 PM   #2
MVP

HC0023's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Last slider set b4 Madden 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Yes, 1 more slider thread. I tweaked enough and played several games in a row where I really like what I am seeing. Here is a link to gameplay footage showing multiple plays of the last game I played (and lost 38-33) to KC. Last game of the current season for me. KC is 12-3 at the time. They have a really solid team. Quality D, quality QB, etc. So, I feel this shows how 2 good teams play each other with my sliders. Here's the link if you want to see what I see:
Highlights/Ideas I'm trying to show with this video:
1. WR/DB Interactions - Quality swat animations instead of Ints all the time.
Broken up passes. Tough catches Made and tough catches dropped. Appropriate ints made with good coverage, poor throws made.

2. QB play/Sacks - I only got 1 sack and 1 int in this particular game. Between the quality of the QB and the sliders, the QB consistently gets rid of the ball at the correct time and will avoid sacks and/or throw the ball away when pressured. Lesser QBs will take more sacks than quality QBs, so u will still see a few big sack games against weak QBs, however, I have rarely seen a 10 sack game in a while as I was tweaking these sliders. The QB will also throw some random (sometimes due to pressure, sometimes due to coverage, sometimes purely random) incompletions. U will see overthrows, underthrows, etc. instead of Ints all the time. U will also see my QB do the same. A couple of overthrows on what could have been completions simply due to my QB having a somewhat lower medium acc. I think it's 77-80 somewhere right now.

3. I show a couple of runs just to show what it looks like. Running feels about right, though. Running to the outside is hit or miss. You will take 2-5 yard losses often. However, you will break a big run here and there. So, running feels challenging/rewarding for the most part. The cpu will also hit or miss running.

My approach with these sliders has always been animation first, challenge second as an fyi. I want to see the correct animations, and hopefully that will achieve the desired simulation football results. As i start to see the correct animations, if the game feels too easy in any aspect, I start to tweak towards difficulty. With this particular set, I also started by trying to set many sliders to 0 (this worked so well with Madden 13 and in essence "turns off" the sliders, but doesn't work as well with 25). As I played, I found some of these weren't working well, so I started to switch them to values I have used in my other slider sets, and then tweaked here and there. I also try to set sliders equal for hum and cpu as I want ALL of the AI players to play the same. This works for some sliders, and not so much with others. So, you'll see some of the similarities. With this set I feel I have achieved about the best mix I can. If you currently have a CFM where your team is stacked, you may win every game, but if you start with the Jags or Browns, I would like to think you will struggle. But, overall, for me, this is absolutely the closest I've come to seeing what looks like real football in this game, and I hope others will as well.

So, feel free to check out the video to get an idea. Try em out. I know this is late as Madden 15 is coming out soon, but this is how long it took to bring everything together with these golsh dern sliders.
So, if you're still playing and looking for a set that I think will play differently than a lot of others and possibly freshen up the game for some, let me know what u think.

These have only been used/tested in CFM All-pro. I have no idea how they play in Play Now.

Hum/Cpu
QB Acc 19/19
Pass Blk 0/60
(This is EXTREMELY important for QB Releasing the Ball appropriately. Too high, and he will hold onto longer taking coverage sacks. Too low, and he will take quick sacks. This really is EXACTLY the right value imo)
WR Catch 64/64
(This is EXTREMELY important for WRs to actually challenge for the ball and toe tap appropriately)
Run Blk 0/0
(This seems to work just fine and players play to their ratings imo)
Fumbles 56/69
(This may be tweaked per individual. I personally draft players with high hit power, and I was getting fumbles on every hit and seeing like 5-10 fumbles per game. So, I have been tweaking this higher and higher, and I think I finally found the right spot for me. I am still not fumbling the ball much, and may still lower hum fumble. But, this also has caused the CPU to juke more appropriately at a high value, so I like what I see here)
Pass D Rx59/59
(This is EXTREMELY important value. LBs are actually waiting and responding to handoffs better at 59 allowing them to ALL take better pursuit angles on any given play. Also, DBs are more often in constant motion during pass plays instead of simply running to their zone and standing still)
Ints 13/13
(Seeing more swats here mixed with many other sliders. Above 15 and you will start to see too many ints)
Pass Cov 59/61
(This is EXTREMELY important value. At Hum 59, the coverage is such that the cpu QB recognizes open men earlier and mixed with Pass Blk 60, gets rid of the ball appropriately. Between 59-61 has also shown more incomplete passes - YES, QB ACC seems to have almost NOTHING to do with incompletions. I'm sure this is a mix of slider settings, but believe me, after testing so many different things over many months, I have found this to be true. 62 and higher for either Hum or Cpu will result in too many Ints, but for some reason at 59-61, the QB will overthrow/underthrow a WR INSTEAD of throwing an Int or throw the ball WAY out of bounds)
Tackling 0/0
(This seems to allow for ratings to matter more. Good tacklers tackle well. Poor tacklers don't. With tackling at 0, however, you MUST sim Cpu FGs!!! lol. They won't be able to kick over 20 yds)

Special Teams (these are really up to you, but here's what I play with)
FG Power 55
FG ACC 50
Punt Power 46
Punt Acc 47
Kick Power 55

Game Options
Injuries 31
Fatigue 59 (allows for D to get tired, but not too tired in 2nd half)
Min Thresh 36 (allows for fast players to be fast, but not too fast, imo)

Penalties (EXTREMELY important as these do affect gameplay. You will often see anywhere between 1-10 penalties per game. Holding is most frequent. Clipping some on kick returns or run plays. Facemask may be called 1-4 times per game as well. False starts will occur as well, and offsides will rarely occur. However, I believe the false start to offsides differential between sliders needs to be minimal. With my sliders, you should only see 1-3 pancakes per offensive linemen. However, you may see 5 pancakes by a WR or FB if he keeps slamming a smaller CB to the turf. Overall, I really like the lineplay I'm seeing with these.)
Offside 63
False Start 62
Holding 61
Face Mask 56
Def PI 63
Off PI 62
Punt CI 62
Clipping 56
IG 23 (Important. Helps cpu QB release the ball appropriately and throw out of bounds some instead of taking sacks)
RP 54
RK 63

AutoSubs
General rule: I'm currently using 95/85 for many positions and seeing minimal subbing when appropriate. However, if you have players with Stamina less than 80, I believe, you may see them disappear near the end of a game. I have Julio Jones with 95 Stamina, and I have had games where he has caught 10 balls for 200 yds, and is still in the game at the end having been subbed a few times during the game. However, I have also had Julio have 10 catches for 100 yds, but have a big play in the 4th qtr, and never see him again. So, this is still glitchy. I also have a bigger slower WR with around 80 Stamina, I believe. He will absolutely disappear in the 4th if he catches too many balls. However, with this setting, I do see subbing during the game when a player has a big run or catch. They'll sit for 1-5 plays and actually come back. So, sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.

Other settings
Skill All-pro
Qtr Length 15 min
Acc Clock Yes
Min Clock Time 14
Game Speed Normal
Auto Strafe Off
Heat Seeker Off
Ball Hawk On
Switch Assist On

Let me know what u think.
MR HANKY GOOD TO SEE YOU BACK WITH US SIR . Well you know what i have to do right ? When someone posts a set i have to give them a coach mode spin LOL
Old 06-07-2014, 01:51 PM   #3
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HC0023
MR HANKY GOOD TO SEE YOU BACK WITH US SIR . Well you know what i have to do right ? When someone posts a set i have to give them a coach mode spin LOL
lol. I always know I count on HC0023 to try em out. As usual, I think my sliders should stack up well for coach mode users as most values are equal or close. I suggest Pass blk 60 for both and pass cov 59 for both in coach mode. Fumble is trickier to tell, but I have a feeling use 69 for both.

Let me know how they feel, man.

Thanks.
Old 06-07-2014, 01:55 PM   #4
MVP

HC0023's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
lol. I always know I count on HC0023 to try em out. As usual, I think my sliders should stack up well for coach mode users as most values are equal or close. I suggest Pass blk 60 for both and pass cov 59 for both in coach mode. Fumble is trickier to tell, but I have a feeling use 69 for both.

Let me know how they feel, man.

Thanks.
OK i will make those above suggestions as you have mentioned TEST CFM COMING UP LOL
Old 06-07-2014, 03:12 PM   #5
MVP

HC0023's Arena

TEST CFM COACH MODE JETS 20 BUCS 13 JETS GENO 18-26-202-1TD-69%,Rushing Johnson 30-145-1TD, Ivory 1-6, Receiving Hill 7-97-1TD, Decker 6-70, Kerley 3-20, Amaro 1-11, Johnson 1-4, JETS D 5 SACKS 1 INT, BUCS GLENNON 13-22-96-1INT-59%, Rushing Martin 25-210-1TD, James 3-29, Lane 2-10, Glennon 1-7, Receiving Evans 4-25, Jackson 3-46, Martin 2-20, Page 1-7, Shepard 1-2, BUCS D 2 SACKS 1 HOLDING PENALTY TOTAL PLAYS 117, TOTAL SACKS WERE 7 , 3 FUMBLES IN THE GAME ,
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2014, 04:19 PM   #6
MVP

HC0023's Arena

TEST CFM COACH MODE PATS 26 JETS 10 Brady 38-53-429-1TD-1INT-71%, Rushing Ridley12-86-1TD, Receiving LaFell 15-170, Finley 7-92, Gronk 7-61-1TD, Edwards 5-61, Dobson 3-28, Ridley 1-17, PATS D 4 SACKS 1 INT, JETS Geno 16-29-195-1TD-1INT-55%, Rushing Johnson 19-59, Ivory 1- -3, Receiving Amaro 7-33, Decker 3-59, Johnson 2-8, Hill 2-87-1TD, Kerley 1-7, Bohanon 1-1 JETS D 3 SACKS 1 INT , 3 FUMBLES IN THE GAME , 7 penaltys 1 false start , 1 illegal motion, 5 holding, Total Plays 121 Im using an updated roster thomasdraft 2014 on ps4 I have ball hawk and switch assist off and subs on default those are the only changes i have made besides your suggestions on 3 sliders since im doing coach mode

Last edited by HC0023; 06-07-2014 at 04:46 PM.
Old 06-07-2014, 05:48 PM   #7
MVP

HC0023's Arena

TEST CFM GAME#3 BILLS 23 JETS 10 BILLS Manuel 25-33-157-1INT, 75% Rushing Spiller 16-169-2TD, Jackson 8-87, Manuel 7-38, Rodriguez 1-5, Receiving Watkins 5-45, Chandler 5-30, Goodwin 4-26, Graham 4-23, Spiller 3-14, Jackson 2-6Brown 1-12, BILLS D 5 SACKS 1 INT. JETS GENO 16-23-96-1INT-69%, Rushing Johnson 16-62, Receiving Amaro 6-46, Johnson 3-12, Hill 2-6, Decker 2-18, Bohanon 2-7, Kerley 1-7 JETS D 4 SACKS 1 INT 5 TOTAL PENALTYS TOTAL PLAYS 113
Old 06-07-2014, 08:36 PM   #8
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HC0023
TEST CFM GAME#3 BILLS 23 JETS 10 BILLS Manuel 25-33-157-1INT, 75% Rushing Spiller 16-169-2TD, Jackson 8-87, Manuel 7-38, Rodriguez 1-5, Receiving Watkins 5-45, Chandler 5-30, Goodwin 4-26, Graham 4-23, Spiller 3-14, Jackson 2-6Brown 1-12, BILLS D 5 SACKS 1 INT. JETS GENO 16-23-96-1INT-69%, Rushing Johnson 16-62, Receiving Amaro 6-46, Johnson 3-12, Hill 2-6, Decker 2-18, Bohanon 2-7, Kerley 1-7 JETS D 4 SACKS 1 INT 5 TOTAL PENALTYS TOTAL PLAYS 113
yeah, I like most of the stats from your games. Brady had a big game, but that's possible. I overall like the sack numbers. I mean, we'd all like to see 2-3 per game per team, but this is madden, and I will take anything under 5 per team, and that's about where you're at. I love the int numbers. And, I think you're seeing some fluctuation in Geno's %, I like that, too. Running may be a little overpowered for you. Not sure how it looks, whether it seems realistic enough for you, or it's like, 'good god! another big run! ugghhh!'. Are u seeing decent WR/DB interactions? That is something I have really worked the hardest on for myself and I love what I see. But, coach mode can throw that off a little, I think. So, are u seeing batted balls? Passes broken up by the defender hitting the wr right as he catches it? You're certainly not seeing too many ints, and that's good. Let me know what you're seeing there, I'm curious as to whether it has something to do with the way I play, or whether the sliders are hitting that WR/DB interaction realistically.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »