Penalties (Still) Affect Gameplay - Page 2 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Penalties (Still) Affect Gameplay

This is a discussion on Penalties (Still) Affect Gameplay within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 08-28-2014, 05:25 PM   #9
Pro

chunt04's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Penalties (Still) Affect Gameplay

On All Madden with Charter's sliders, I found that the IG slider worked like the OP.

I played against the titans and had 5 sacks in the first half with IG at default. At halftime, I switched the IG slider to 0 and had no sack in the 2nd half. The QB was noticeably quicker in getting the ball out and was also 13/13 for 172 yds.

Just thought I'd add my findings. Testing out another game with them now to confirm. I'll try them at 60 the game after that.
Old 08-28-2014, 06:22 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunt04
On All Madden with Charter's sliders, I found that the IG slider worked like the OP.

I played against the titans and had 5 sacks in the first half with IG at default. At halftime, I switched the IG slider to 0 and had no sack in the 2nd half. The QB was noticeably quicker in getting the ball out and was also 13/13 for 172 yds.

Just thought I'd add my findings. Testing out another game with them now to confirm. I'll try them at 60 the game after that.
I played a 11 minute quarter game with IG at 75 and CPU accuracy at 4 on All-Madden and Rothlesberger was rocketing the ball out at the slightest hint of pressure. Combined with the low accuracy, he was 17-29 for 210 yards, 1 td and 0 int and no sacks.

Perhaps it's the same effect higher or lower from 50.
Old 08-28-2014, 08:50 PM   #11
Pro

Dbrentonbuck's Arena

OVR: 6

Haha the penalty sliders seem fubar. One guy says IG to the left makes the QB get rid of the ball, anther guy says to the right makes the QB get rid of the ball. Same for a lot of these. I am wondering if these are placebo effects.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2014, 09:06 PM   #12
Pro

OBJ 313's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbrentonbuck
Haha the penalty sliders seem fubar. One guy says IG to the left makes the QB get rid of the ball, anther guy says to the right makes the QB get rid of the ball. Same for a lot of these. I am wondering if these are placebo effects.
If you go back to any M25 sliders when the slider "gurus" were testing penalty sliders, IG to the left (lower) created the desired affect of the QB throwing the ball away more. Anyone saying to the right side, just isn't correct.

If you think about it, as long as the slider isn't a "placebo" as you say, the lower the IG, the more the QB cares less for getting penalized (even though it is never called) for intentional grounding, so going up on that slider would have the opposite affect, as it should be called more, resulting in the QB not taking a chance of a ball being thrown for intentional grounding. That is if the IG slider actually does affect the QB throwing the ball away more, and after playing M25 for a long time with IG at 1, I did find that the QB got rid of the ball more often, but it really didn't solve the problem of too many sacks on the CPU QB as he would still slide right into a sack by the LDE all the time.

Though I definitely do remember the QB throwing the ball away more in M25. In M15 I haven't seen the QB do that sliding to the right side of the line under pressure, but the CPU does hold the ball too long.

By the way, the penalty settings are FUBAR. They shouldn't affect gameplay like they do at all, but it's been that way for a while now.. and no different this year it seems, sadly.

Last edited by OBJ 313; 08-28-2014 at 09:09 PM.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:43 PM   #13
Pro

chunt04's Arena

I would say you guys should help test it out. The only real pressing issue that needs to be addressed is how long the qb holds onto the ball. The last thing I want to do is turn up QB acc when they don't miss many throws as is with QB acc set at 5.
Old 08-28-2014, 11:54 PM   #14
Rookie

So does the holding sliders affect the running game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-29-2014, 12:02 AM   #15
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheQuinn94
If you go back to any M25 sliders when the slider "gurus" were testing penalty sliders, IG to the left (lower) created the desired affect of the QB throwing the ball away more. Anyone saying to the right side, just isn't correct.

If you think about it, as long as the slider isn't a "placebo" as you say, the lower the IG, the more the QB cares less for getting penalized (even though it is never called) for intentional grounding, so going up on that slider would have the opposite affect, as it should be called more, resulting in the QB not taking a chance of a ball being thrown for intentional grounding. That is if the IG slider actually does affect the QB throwing the ball away more, and after playing M25 for a long time with IG at 1, I did find that the QB got rid of the ball more often, but it really didn't solve the problem of too many sacks on the CPU QB as he would still slide right into a sack by the LDE all the time.

Though I definitely do remember the QB throwing the ball away more in M25. In M15 I haven't seen the QB do that sliding to the right side of the line under pressure, but the CPU does hold the ball too long.

By the way, the penalty settings are FUBAR. They shouldn't affect gameplay like they do at all, but it's been that way for a while now.. and no different this year it seems, sadly.

Lol. Here's the thing though, man. What happens when u raise facemask penalty? More facemasks occur. What happens when u raise RTP? More roughing the passers occur. So, in theory, raising the IG slider should cause more throw aways to occur, correct? Do u follow my logic? At this point, with madden 15, I'm not saying either way for sure, yet. And, in 25, I ended up at 23 and was seeing the ball thrown away more. But, as a computer game, it has to follow some basic logic, and my gut tells me the basic logic is, 'raise IG slider, and more throw aways should happen.' I mean, you've played madden more than a year, right? Have u ever seen the madden team put AI logic complex enough for a QB to actually 'think' he might get more penalties called, so he holds onto the ball? Once again, I'm not saying either way just yet, and it's always a damn combo of sliders that ultimately causes the QB to get rid of the ball faster. But, I just can't believe madden programmed the CPU to 'know' they might get called for a penalty, so they don't do it. Have u seen the sim stats? If they can't make a sim engine work, NO WAY they program a CPU to think about a penalty being called. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-29-2014, 12:07 AM   #16
All Star

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Here's my thought about this....

Quote:
I don't buy into the penalties affecting gameplay this year.

In the past? sure and the same went for NCAA 14 as well,but the way I have my penalties set up,if it DID affect gameplay,then I would surely notice.

As an example,I'll use holding....now obviously in the past,the higher this was set,the easier the user running game was,I currently have my holding slider in the high 90's....and guess what? my line doesn't hold the block any better than it did at default.

Now lets look at OPI and DPI...again,with past Maddens and NCAA 14...the lower these were set,you would see more aggressive play from the WR's and DB's....I currently have mine set @99....the DB's are still aggressive,and my WR's still fight for the ball.

That's only 2 examples...oh yea and before I forget...IG has no affect on the cpu taking so many sacks either.(imo)

Quote:
People are for reviews if it backs their argument, and against them when they don't.
Quote:
"Yes, I get satisfaction out of hitting a guy and seeing him lie there a while."
Jack Lambert
Quote:
“We’re the Pittsburgh Steelers. We’re supposed to be the intimidators” - Jack Lambert

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »