Home

Penalties (Still) Affect Gameplay

This is a discussion on Penalties (Still) Affect Gameplay within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2014, 05:05 PM   #25
Tiger Paw

tyberious4now's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Penalties (Still) Affect Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
Have to disagree with this...I still have RTK at default and have seen everything you are describing,especially when it comes to "gang tackling".

Also have to disagree with this....I have tried IG at 0,25,35,40 and back at default as well as 65,85 and 99....and seen no difference at all.

QB's still seem to hold on the ball far to long,that's why I mentioned that IG has no effect on CPU taking sacks (imo)

I can't remember the exact setting I used against the Browns...but playing against Manziel,I remember multiple plays to where my defense got to him,and instead of throwing the ball he held on to it so long that he looked like a pinball not knowing what to do.

My belief is that this is more a coding error,and sliders won't be able to alleviate the issue....as a matter of fact,in A&S's slider thread,somebody mentioned (sorry can't remember the name) that the only way he was pretty much able to get the sack issue under control was through player edits.

Now I went through this editing stuff early on in NCAA 14 working with Matt,and it's not something I wish to do again. IF it's possible that it's a rating's issue,hopefully EA can address this...until then,I firmly believe sliders won't help here.

I agree with you cower it is a ratings issue....So I went ahead and changed all QB from oblivious to paranoid as far as sense in the pocket rating and it has helped a lot with sacks....

We still need a patch though!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2014, 08:59 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

I think some of this stuff is starting to become way too scientific....

Some of the issues with QB's not getting rid of the ball is also tied into awareness ratings and tendency traits they are assigned.

Penalties might play apart of gameplay issues but I also think for the past few years people have jumped the gun on these issue and made up their minds that penalties control multiple aspects of gameplay.

There is just too many other variables tied into this for example I played on Pro Level in Madden 25 and some of the issues that people mentioned with Penalties last year just never showed their ugly head in Madden 25.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 08-29-2014, 10:26 PM   #27
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyberious4now
I agree with you cower it is a ratings issue....So I went ahead and changed all QB from oblivious to paranoid as far as sense in the pocket rating and it has helped a lot with sacks....

We still need a patch though!!
Glad you chimed in...I KNEW I had remembered somebody mentioning it in A&S's thread.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 08-10-2015, 04:58 PM   #28
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

OVR: 0

Looking back on it it's hard not to laugh at some of the people who thought penalty sliders didn't effect gameplay. If this thread had continued on I think M15 would have ended up being a much better game, did anyone make a list of what each penalty slider did as agreed upon by the community? I've read through countless threads on this issue and see some very contradictory information in each thread that I see. (Like Offisdes / False start)
Old 08-10-2015, 08:47 PM   #29
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Mike
Looking back on it it's hard not to laugh at some of the people who thought penalty sliders didn't effect gameplay.
Just like it's hard not to laugh as those who thought it effected the game more than they actually did.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »