sliders fix QB Sacks? - Page 2 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

sliders fix QB Sacks?

This is a discussion on sliders fix QB Sacks? within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 08-30-2014, 09:25 AM   #9
Tiger Paw

tyberious4now's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: sliders fix QB Sacks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by juduking
I read in a different thread that if you change the intentional grounding slider to "1" it will help with the CPU QBs taking too many sacks.
OK guys all you have to do is change the QB rating from oblivious to paranoid in the pocket and I swear it cuts back on the sack issue...I played the 49ers vs the Patriots and sacked Tom Brady only twice...

It works you can find it under player traits in manage roster problem solved!!
Old 08-30-2014, 10:18 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyberious4now
OK guys all you have to do is change the QB rating from oblivious to paranoid in the pocket and I swear it cuts back on the sack issue...I played the 49ers vs the Patriots and sacked Tom Brady only twice...

If you're on Xbox One, download my roster file (search for KLNG OF KINGS gamertag). I changed the pocket awareness for the top two QBs of each team's depth chart and gave them each the "throw ball away" trait. I changed those for the top 5 rated free agent QBs as well. Finally, I gave most of the starting QBs the clutch trait to really set them apart from second stringers. There is now a noticeable difference between 1st string to 2nd string to 3rd string QBs. If you combine my roster file (current as of BJGE release) with my custom slider files (search by my gamertag listed above), you will be in for a treat. I just beat the Lions 27-20 as the Browns in the first pre-season game, using coach mode within franchise mode. My defense had 4 sacks (3 against Dan Orlovsky and only 1 on Stafford), 2 INTs (one being a pick 6), 1 forced fumble, and gave up 115 rushing yards and 286 passing yards. I literally had a smile on my face when it finished and must admit that I'm proud of my work. If you download my files, download all 3 and use them together for best results and let me know what you think.

Last edited by King of Kings; 08-30-2014 at 10:25 AM.
Old 08-30-2014, 10:42 AM   #11
Tiger Paw

tyberious4now's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Kings
If you're on Xbox One, download my roster file (search for KLNG OF KINGS gamertag). I changed the pocket awareness for the top two QBs of each team's depth chart and gave them each the "throw ball away" trait. I changed those for the top 5 rated free agent QBs as well. Finally, I gave most of the starting QBs the clutch trait to really set them apart from second stringers. There is now a noticeable difference between 1st string to 2nd string to 3rd string QBs. If you combine my roster file (current as of BJGE release) with my custom slider files (search by my gamertag listed above), you will be in for a treat. I just beat the Lions 27-20 as the Browns in the first pre-season game, using coach mode within franchise mode. My defense had 4 sacks (3 against Dan Orlovsky and only 1 on Stafford), 2 INTs (one being a pick 6), 1 forced fumble, and gave up 115 rushing yards and 286 passing yards. I literally had a smile on my face when it finished and must admit that I'm proud of my work. If you download my files, download all 3 and use them together for best results and let me know what you think.
I wish I could but I'm on the ps4.....I've been trying to tell people that the QB in the pocket is the key to less QB sacks.....

Also it will not change the overall rating of the QB....just pocket presence. ..

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2014, 10:44 AM   #12
MVP

SwaggerCoach's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:

Tyberious, anyway you could play a few games and show us some stats? This is a pretty awesome idea.
Old 08-30-2014, 11:02 AM   #13
Tiger Paw

tyberious4now's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwaggerCoach
Tyberious, anyway you could play a few games and show us some stats? This is a pretty awesome idea.
Playing now 49ers vs dolphins I will post stats when done..
Old 08-30-2014, 11:02 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
I wish I could but I'm on the ps4.....I've been trying to tell people that the QB in the pocket is the key to less QB sacks.....

Also it will not change the overall rating of the QB....just pocket presence. ..
You are correct about the pocket presence, the "throw ball away" trait also helps. The QB edits only take about an hour, well worth doing. Do that and change the sliders to how I listed them in my "perfect game achieved" thread and you'll be VERY happy.
Old 08-30-2014, 11:20 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Kings
You are correct about the pocket presence, the "throw ball away" trait also helps. The QB edits only take about an hour, well worth doing. Do that and change the sliders to how I listed them in my "perfect game achieved" thread and you'll be VERY happy.
This is a great idea and I will edit the latest roster update per your instructions.

But do guys like Cam, Rodgers, Geno, Johnny Football..tuck and run still or just get the ball out now?

Great find!!!
1987 Yankees YR 3
The Matheny Manifesto YR 3
Far Cry 5
The Witcher 3

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 08-30-2014, 11:24 AM   #16
MVP

SwaggerCoach's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Playing now 49ers vs dolphins I will post stats when done..
Sweet! Thanks - looking forward to more info.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »