sliders fix QB Sacks? - Page 5 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

sliders fix QB Sacks?

This is a discussion on sliders fix QB Sacks? within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 08-31-2014, 02:22 PM   #33
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: sliders fix QB Sacks?

This is a good find but honestly i don`t see myself using a roster edit because i don`t want to mess with QB Ovr and ratings and i plan on playing many many seasons and this will cause the issue to arise later in other seasons when rookies start showing from draft.

I really hope EA fix this in the patch, since this is my only issue with this madden15 right now. The other issues (most of them at least) we are able to fix them with sliders.
Old 08-31-2014, 08:00 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
This is a good find but honestly i don`t see myself using a roster edit because i don`t want to mess with QB Ovr and ratings and i plan on playing many many seasons and this will cause the issue to arise later in other seasons when rookies start showing from draft.

I really hope EA fix this in the patch, since this is my only issue with this madden15 right now. The other issues (most of them at least) we are able to fix them with sliders.
I hear you. I hope it is patched in the worst way. I would hate to have to start a new cfm every time by year 4 or 5.
1987 Yankees YR 3
The Matheny Manifesto YR 3
Far Cry 5
The Witcher 3

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 08-31-2014, 08:43 PM   #35
MVP

SwaggerCoach's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
I hear you. I hope it is patched in the worst way. I would hate to have to start a new cfm every time by year 4 or 5.
King of Kings did mention a workaround (although pretty inconvenient):

You can always take over control of the CPU team with a CPU generated QB. Then upgrade his sense pocket pressure to the desired setting. Then click back to your team.

Sure, it sucks because you're taking control of the CPU - but it does prevent them from being sacked 7-8 times against you, right?
Old 09-03-2014, 01:08 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 21

I don't have the game in front of me, but I was just sitting here thinking about the QB Accuracy and then there was another thread about the CPU QBs not taking many shots down the field.

Last night I had pass block set at 100 and it basically had no difference to 60, I was still sacking like nobodies business.

Every slider set I have seen has QB accuracy set real low so that you don't have a really high completion rate. Though I still see people posting when they play certain teams that there is an 80% completion rate. Gets me thinking if you are only adjusting to 5% of what Madden has programmed, shouldn't the QB accuracy be like 25% or worse?

Makes me wonder if that CPU is "stuck" because it knows its accuracy is so low that it won't make the passes down the field that it has to wait until the receivers to get to a point that the equation makes sense.

I wonder if someone could test (without editing the rosters) increasing the accuracy to say 60 and then increase the human pass coverage way up (proportional to the other slider sets) and see if that would take care of it.

Last edited by b1gwolt; 09-03-2014 at 01:19 PM.
Old 09-03-2014, 02:18 PM   #37
MVP

booker21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1gwolt
I don't have the game in front of me, but I was just sitting here thinking about the QB Accuracy and then there was another thread about the CPU QBs not taking many shots down the field.

Last night I had pass block set at 100 and it basically had no difference to 60, I was still sacking like nobodies business.

Every slider set I have seen has QB accuracy set real low so that you don't have a really high completion rate. Though I still see people posting when they play certain teams that there is an 80% completion rate. Gets me thinking if you are only adjusting to 5% of what Madden has programmed, shouldn't the QB accuracy be like 25% or worse?

Makes me wonder if that CPU is "stuck" because it knows its accuracy is so low that it won't make the passes down the field that it has to wait until the receivers to get to a point that the equation makes sense.

I wonder if someone could test (without editing the rosters) increasing the accuracy to say 60 and then increase the human pass coverage way up (proportional to the other slider sets) and see if that would take care of it.
This will explain if this happens with QB acc at low levels, but even at default, which is 50% and qb are too accurate and they still get sacked.

I sacked E.Manning 7 times the other day in my testing CFM with all sliders at default.

There are no solution for this, unless a patch for EA. Hopefully they tweak the QB aggressiveness as well so they can kill 2 birds with one shot. Fix Deep passing with lower % and no sacks.
Old 09-03-2014, 02:27 PM   #38
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1gwolt

THIS!

The "Quarterback Accuracy Slider" should have been named the "Quarterback Ability Slider", because in addition to have VERY little impact on accuracy, it controls the QB AI...

Really low settings only serve to make the QB a relatively dumb "Captain Checkdown" who will throw high percentage secondary routs and will take sacks due to low pocket awareness...

At Default and above, they will take lower percentage shots down field and into coverage, lowering the comp %, while raising the YPA and limiting the really stupid sacks...

Compensate with higher HUM coverage and live with the fact that inaccuracy will have to be replaced by tight coverage / passes defended...

The right amount of pressure will also lead to quick decision / poor throws, without leading to the kind of "dumb" sacks...

It's a balancing act, but "borking" the CPU pass game ISN'T the place to start, IMHO...
Old 09-03-2014, 02:34 PM   #39
MVP

booker21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
THIS!

The "Quarterback Accuracy Slider" should have been named the "Quarterback Ability Slider", because in addition to have VERY little impact on accuracy, it controls the QB AI...

Really low settings only serve to make the QB a relatively dumb "Captain Checkdown" who will throw high percentage secondary routs and will take sacks due to low pocket awareness...

At Default and above, they will take lower percentage shots down field and into coverage, lowering the comp %, while raising the YPA and limiting the really stupid sacks...

Compensate with higher HUM coverage and live with the fact that inaccuracy will have to be replaced by tight coverage / passes defended...

The right amount of pressure will also lead to quick decision / poor throws, without leading to the kind of "dumb" sacks...

It's a balancing act, but "borking" the CPU pass game ISN'T the place to start, IMHO...
Disagree. As i said before i play with default sliders and sacks and high % are an issue.

Default settings all pro. I avg 5 sacks per game. leading the league of course and my LOLB leading the league.
at this rate i will have 80 sacks total team.

I had games were i sacked 10 times. sometimes back to back. sacks is an issue with the game no matter what slider you use.
Old 09-03-2014, 02:58 PM   #40
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

This seems like a good fix but is it just temporary in CFM?

Are we able to edit other teams' quarterbacks year after year in franchise? If we're not then this is not really a permanent solution for anyone that plays CFM. What about when rookie QB's become starts at the NFL level and they do not have the "throw ball away" trait? Has anyone checked to see if we can, or if there's some way to edit this for drafted quarterbacks?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »