sliders fix QB Sacks? - Page 6 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

sliders fix QB Sacks?

This is a discussion on sliders fix QB Sacks? within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-03-2014, 03:20 PM   #41
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: sliders fix QB Sacks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
Disagree. As i said before i play with default sliders and sacks and high % are an issue.

Default settings all pro. I avg 5 sacks per game. leading the league of course and my LOLB leading the league.
at this rate i will have 80 sacks total team.

I had games were i sacked 10 times. sometimes back to back. sacks is an issue with the game no matter what slider you use.

Oh, yeah...sacks will continue to be an issue until a patch...

But I still maintain that the QBA slider has as much to do with "smarts" as accuracy...

One of the lesser used workarounds is to make sure most of the QBs are set to "Pocket" and the rest to "Balanced" within schemes...

You can also set all RTs and most RG to "Pass Blocker" and make sure that the LDEs / LLOBs are never set to "Pass Rush"...

Those boxes have been pretty responsive in the past and prob still are...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2014, 03:46 PM   #42
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
Oh, yeah...sacks will continue to be an issue until a patch...

But I still maintain that the QBA slider has as much to do with "smarts" as accuracy...

One of the lesser used workarounds is to make sure most of the QBs are set to "Pocket" and the rest to "Balanced" within schemes...

You can also set all RTs and most RG to "Pass Blocker" and make sure that the LDEs / LLOBs are never set to "Pass Rush"...

Those boxes have been pretty responsive in the past and prob still are...
In your opinion what is the lower you can go without sacrificing the deep passing? This is the reason why i kept Qb acc at 50, since i want the Qb to throw deep. Besides lowering QB acc showed that it wont result in a lesser % comp.
Old 09-03-2014, 03:50 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 1

Has anyone experienced this issue when playing user vs user?
Thanks
Old 09-03-2014, 07:24 PM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
This will explain if this happens with QB acc at low levels, but even at default, which is 50% and qb are too accurate and they still get sacked.

I sacked E.Manning 7 times the other day in my testing CFM with all sliders at default.

There are no solution for this, unless a patch for EA. Hopefully they tweak the QB aggressiveness as well so they can kill 2 birds with one shot. Fix Deep passing with lower % and no sacks.

Have you tried jacking slider way up? I will check tonight. Wondering if it had been checked yet
Old 09-03-2014, 08:47 PM   #45
MVP

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

im trying it....turned qb accuracy up to 60....they def dont take sacks as much...take shots....but they are crazy accurate....no inaccurate throws basically ever...

right now finding the right combination of boosted user defense to help combat it.

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, ESO Tamriel, Madden, COD.
Old 09-04-2014, 01:56 AM   #46
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

Quote:
In your opinion what is the lower you can go without sacrificing the deep passing? This is the reason why i kept Qb acc at 50, since i want the Qb to throw deep. Besides lowering QB acc showed that it wont result in a lesser % comp.
I would try 40 or 45, while making sure the "total" passing "points" don't drop below a total of the 150...

But I think the "answer" is to go with 50 QBA / 50 RBK / 50 WRC and use the HUM pass defense sliders to counter that...

Since 50 is default on AP, going below those numbers (on that level) lead to:

1) Dumb QB play (QBA)

2) Inability to pick up a blitz (RBK)

3) Poor release and route running by WR (WRC)

Give the CPU however many "points" they need to pass effectively and counter that with HUM Pass D sliders...

When the HUM INT is really low, they throw into coverage and when the reaction is low, the CPU is always "first to the ball"...Pass defense is not only how the coverage plays, but controls the rush...

In short:

ALL the sliders that were removed a couple iterations ago have been "folded" into the sliders that remain...

A great example is the Fumble slider, which is like the old FUM / RBA slider and the BTK slider condensed into one...

They said that the sliders are no longer tied to level, but they have consequences when one drops to numbers that far from "default"...

It's hard to explain, but these sliders don't work like other sports titles...

They're more tied to AI (AWR) than (for example) more versus less of any trait they SEEM to control...

IMHO, of course!

Old 09-04-2014, 09:49 AM   #47
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
I would try 40 or 45, while making sure the "total" passing "points" don't drop below a total of the 150...

But I think the "answer" is to go with 50 QBA / 50 RBK / 50 WRC and use the HUM pass defense sliders to counter that...

Since 50 is default on AP, going below those numbers (on that level) lead to:

1) Dumb QB play (QBA)

2) Inability to pick up a blitz (RBK)

3) Poor release and route running by WR (WRC)

Give the CPU however many "points" they need to pass effectively and counter that with HUM Pass D sliders...

When the HUM INT is really low, they throw into coverage and when the reaction is low, the CPU is always "first to the ball"...Pass defense is not only how the coverage plays, but controls the rush...

In short:

ALL the sliders that were removed a couple iterations ago have been "folded" into the sliders that remain...

A great example is the Fumble slider, which is like the old FUM / RBA slider and the BTK slider condensed into one...

They said that the sliders are no longer tied to level, but they have consequences when one drops to numbers that far from "default"...

It's hard to explain, but these sliders don't work like other sports titles...

They're more tied to AI (AWR) than (for example) more versus less of any trait they SEEM to control...

IMHO, of course!

good point. The problem is that i can`t play a game where B.hoyer doesn`t miss a throw and complete over 75% of his passes

I will keep testing i think i`m willing to sacrifice some passing points in order to get a more "human" QB that reflect a but more the Ovr rating of the QB.
Old 09-04-2014, 12:05 PM   #48
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

Quote:
good point. The problem is that i can`t play a game where B.hoyer doesn`t miss a throw and complete over 75% of his passes

I will keep testing i think i`m willing to sacrifice some passing points in order to get a more "human" QB that reflect a but more the Ovr rating of the QB.
This was pretty much the case with comp percentages in M25...

I have a feeling that it will be easier to hit a "balance" if that patch for sacks happens...

Another thing worth trying is putting the IG penalty slider in the 75+n range...

Those sliders aren't very responsive this year, but I've always had more luck getting the QB to throw the ball away on the higher settings...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »