Smitty's Zero-Theory Simulation Sliders - Page 11 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Smitty's Zero-Theory Simulation Sliders

This is a discussion on Smitty's Zero-Theory Simulation Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 01-28-2015, 04:01 PM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Smitty's Zero-Theory Simulation Sliders

Hey, just looked over your sliders for the first time. Couple questions for you, if you don't mind:

First, how badly are you seeing the sack issue with your set? I've tended to see more sacks with a lower QA slider.

Second, very interesting how you have WC at 0 for the user. In my own testing, I have not seen WC slider impact the USER, just the CPU. Wondering if you have this there because you've seen the same thing.

Third, what are you seeing with having PCR and PCV sliders at 100? Are you still getting less deep balls thrown or more sacks due to the tighter coverage? I want to see more deflections, but when I increase those sliders, I typically instead see just more sacks and less deep balls thrown.

Finally, are you getting a 50-70% completion range with your sliders? No matter what set I try, I rarely see below 70%.

Thanks in advance!
Old 01-29-2015, 08:25 AM   #82
Rookie

Just tested out your sliders last night. Overall, they're really good. I enjoyed the two games I played with them. Only three issues I saw:

1) CPU took way too many sacks. Both games I averaged 8 sacks against the CPU versus them getting only 1 on me each game. (BTW, I play Coach Mode, so it was interesting to see my QB getting rid of the ball but the CPU holding onto, even though their Sense Pressure trait was Ideal.) I may need to combat this with increasing the IG penalty slider.

2) While the run game was OK, due to the 0 Run Block slider, there were no pancakes. If you want your O-Line to get in the Pro Bowl and gain XP, it can be a problem.

3) I'm guessing it's the Pass Reaction slider, but I would see a DB covering a WR, and then without reason, stop coverage and run towards the QB just as they were throwing. This gave the WR major separation. Never saw this before with a lower Reaction slider. Not a major issue to me, though.
Old 01-29-2015, 07:47 PM   #83
Rookie

OVR: 0

Going to get some penalty sliders for this slider set going tomorrow. Also, as always I highly recommend using 60 Fatigue with 61 Injury for a realistic non-simulated season in offline CCM.

Picker: Don't lower PR Slider without an RTK Slider set up. It basically determines how quickly the defender recognizes that the play is a pass and not a run. Lowering it will create more separation coming off the line of scrimmage. It really shouldn't have any affect on your players behavior in the middle the play like that. If you have an RTK slider that is working with this set, and your still seeing odd things like this happen (In more than just 1 or 2 games), then you should lower it.

Also before adjusting run blocking, make sure you have a false start slider, holding and offsides slider set up. These affect blocking quality.

Last edited by Unforeseenx; 01-29-2015 at 08:05 PM.
Old 01-30-2015, 09:57 AM   #84
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforeseenx
Going to get some penalty sliders for this slider set going tomorrow. Also, as always I highly recommend using 60 Fatigue with 61 Injury for a realistic non-simulated season in offline CCM.

Picker: Don't lower PR Slider without an RTK Slider set up. It basically determines how quickly the defender recognizes that the play is a pass and not a run. Lowering it will create more separation coming off the line of scrimmage. It really shouldn't have any affect on your players behavior in the middle the play like that. If you have an RTK slider that is working with this set, and your still seeing odd things like this happen (In more than just 1 or 2 games), then you should lower it.

Also before adjusting run blocking, make sure you have a false start slider, holding and offsides slider set up. These affect blocking quality.
Hi, can you explain more about the relationship between the PR and RTK sliders? I thought RTK might impact pursuit, but I've never known for sure. I had all my penalty sliders at 50 when I used this set. Plus, the PR slider has been very confusing to me. I thought it might help with zone coverage, but apparently I was very wrong...sounds like it impacts play recognition.
Old 02-12-2015, 02:58 AM   #85
Rookie

OVR: 0

Tryed.NO works for me.Sorry
Old 03-29-2015, 01:07 PM   #86
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

With the number of downloads these have and the fact that I follow what the "Sim" community needless to say I had to give them a try. Loaded them up in the preseason of year 5 in my Jags CFM. I REALLY like what I see.

I'd tried my own sliders in the previous season and one thing I noticed was a much better representation of the passing game with lower pass blocking sliders. More movement by QBs and off-target throws and I only had my QB Accuracy and Pass Blocking at 33 each.

There have been several interceptions so far but they seem to be the result of bad throws and the fact that I've put together a really good secondary through the draft.

I do feel that the CPU offense needs a boost but I'm playing coach mode so once I get out of preseason I'll get to really see how games go with starters playing for 4 quarters.

The running game was a pleasant surprise. I just knew it wouldn't work with blocking at zero but it's VERY realistic.

Last edited by NoleFan; 03-30-2015 at 03:05 PM.
Old 03-30-2015, 10:28 AM   #87
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

I think i downloaded the Smitty sliders from the game but they donīt look the same to the OP. Does anyone knows which one are newer?
Old 03-30-2015, 11:46 AM   #88
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
I think i downloaded the Smitty sliders from the game but they donīt look the same to the OP. Does anyone knows which one are newer?
That's weird. What I downloaded is identical to the OP. Only issue I had was when downloading one (can't recall player or CPU skill) I was greeted by a dialogue telling me that it was taken down by the creator. I just input the info from the OP and saved it as the filename from the share.

Last edited by NoleFan; 03-30-2015 at 08:34 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »