Home

Smitty's Zero-Theory Simulation Sliders

This is a discussion on Smitty's Zero-Theory Simulation Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2014, 10:52 AM   #25
EA Game Changer

SmittyD81's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Smitty's Zero-Theory Simulation Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by SizzleNation
Just finished a game between the Rams and the Dolphins [All Pro, 8 min] I was the Rams.
The final score was 44-23. Rams win!

The passing felt good, there were a couple dropped balls by the Dolphins (CPU) early. Sam Bradford completed 21 of 31 passes. Tavon Austin got some really good separation.

Running felt great, Zac Stacy finished with 18 attempts for 72 yards and 1 TD. Dolphins only rushed at total of 8 times.

Defense felt good minus the fumbles. Too many in my opinion.
The Rams defense had 4 sacks, 1 int., 2 forced fumbles
The Dolphins def. had 3 sacks, 2 int., 3 forced fumbles

The Rams had the ball for 20:07 and ran 61 plays
The Dolphins had the ball for 11:50 and ran 37 plays.

Everything felt really good, I will definitely play more games to verify, but the only thing that I see needing adjustment is the fumbles.
Okay, thanks for that post. Let me know about how your other games turn out.

On youtube: Username dts5381
As well as the group channel TheSimStandard

Co-Host of Sim Standard Radio Show:

Thursdays at 8PM EST Call in at 914-338-0794
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2014, 10:55 AM   #26
EA Game Changer

SmittyD81's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill1
Going to try these out. Question, will they work on 15 minutes qtrs. that the only time i play in madden is on 15 minutes qtrs.
I'm not sure as far as how the game would be stat-wise, as the longest I play is 10 minute quarters.

Old 08-30-2014, 10:59 AM   #27
EA Game Changer

SmittyD81's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickDL
Gone give these a go tonight on all madden.
Might bump that int slider down, well see
Okay, let us know how the game went for you.

Old 08-30-2014, 12:16 PM   #28
Rookie

SizzleNation's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmittyD81
Okay, thanks for that post. Let me know about how your other games turn out.
The others games have been close and very enjoyable, except for the 1 problem of the computer playcalling. It felt like it was ALWAYS zone coverage. I think that has something to do with the D Reaction/Coverage set to 100. I'm going to experiment and see what I can find out.
Facebook.com/SizzleNation
Old 08-30-2014, 10:53 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 6

REally like these as a base set....

a few things I bumped

CPU PAss block to 10
CPU fumble to 10
CPU Run blocking to 10
CPU tackling to 41

going to give them a try tomorrow. I felt like the Computer O didn't present much of a challenge
Old 08-31-2014, 01:46 AM   #30
Just started!

OVR: 0

What is the exact and best time for the clock and run off? 8 min 20 second? 9 min 25?
Old 08-31-2014, 03:28 PM   #31
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyberious4now
If I may help!

Change the OL pass blocking to 95 as well as run blocking from manage rosters.. only the starting OL...

Then change each QB rating in player traits from oblivious to paranoid that will cut back on sacks drastically as I see the QB now is getting rid of the ball when he senses pressure. .

Try it I hope it helps....
That is a short term solution though isn't it? I mean if one wants to use these sliders in CFM your eventually going to see a spike in sacks when the 95 Pass Blocking guys retire or get replaced by rookies (and not every QB will have the Paranoid trait).

Its a fix for play now, but simply a band-aid for CFM.
NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins
RIP Atlanta Thrashers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2014, 03:59 PM   #32
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15

Rams (CPU) @ Packers (me)
9 Minutes, 15 Second Playclock runoff*
Day, normal weather.
Final Score: GB 17, STL 9
Downloaded the Sliders then added in the non-downloadable aspects detailed on the first page. Playing on PS4 (using current OS CFM rosters)

*Because of the low playclock runoff I imagine I probably screwed up the yardage totals, and number of plays I was able to get in. For this reason I won't address totals in my assessment of the sliders. Average yards for my RBs seemed on point (not so for their RBs, but they also ran the ball less). Also a reason for not including my total stats was the fact that I didn't pay enough attention to the Defenses and really never audibled to a better play (if they brought out a certain defense I ran the play even if the routes were playing right into their hands). I mean Rodgers went 13 for 28 and only 3 of those incomplete passes were not my fault.

I noticed a lot of throws were missed when they shouldn't have been. I was playing as the Packers with Rodgers at QB and 3 times he had a guy open with no pressure on him and he sailed the ball well out of their reach. They were all manageable throws too (ones he makes every Sunday), I could understand if they were thrown just out of their reach but these weren't even close. Sam Bradford had a few similar throws and while he is much more likely to miss such passes there was 1 where he had a lot of margin for error on the throw (because the receiver was that open) and he sailed it well over his head. I did like some of the inaccurate throws when trying to fit it into certain situations but Rodgers missing 3 wide open guys as badly as he did is so inaccurate that that is what stood out more to me. When playing as Rodgers the lower accuracy should be affecting the YAC my receivers get (or whether or not I can fit it into the window even with the proper timing, resulting in a "catch in traffic" situation) not arbitrarily forcing a throw to go wide of its target.

I didn't have a plethora of sacks on either side (a lot of close calls but they got the ball away just in time, most of the time), but I did have a lot of INTs, 6 total. 4 From Bradford and 2 from Rodgers, the picks I threw were warranted (reading the D poorly and forcing a ball into coverage). I don't think any of the picks I recorded were a case of overly sticky fingers, because the 2 by my LBs were thrown right to them (and the other 2 were to great intercepting Corners) but both passes were questionable decisions based on the route being run and the lack of immediate pressure.

Biggest gripe had to be the RTP calls. I had 3 of them all of which were incidental contact to the feet which prompted a fall akin to Charlie Brown trying to kick a football from the QB. In real life the ref would have told Bradford to get up and don't pull that crap again, instead it resulted in 45 yards of penalties. Considering there was only a 3 point bump from the default I doubt changing it back to 50 would fix this solution (i.e. I believe something else was calling the flops to occur).

I didn't like the way the ball left the QBs hands either (ball was coming out just as the hand started to move forward), if the awkward release always resulted in a bad pass then I could understand it (it would still be poor animation that would need to be fixed, but that may be a problem with the engine and not the sliders), but the ball would come out before it should and the passes would be dead on, and sometimes they would be really far off.
NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins
RIP Atlanta Thrashers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »