Home

Smitty's Zero-Theory Simulation Sliders

This is a discussion on Smitty's Zero-Theory Simulation Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2014, 01:12 AM   #49
Rookie

ulua's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Smitty's Zero-Theory Simulation Sliders

Here is an explanation on the penalty sliders
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...on-theory.html
Old 09-06-2014, 09:03 AM   #50
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

I decided to give these a try. After one half I'm liking them so far. I'm playing on all pro, slow speed , 8 min quarters , accel clock off. I'm the Chiefs at the Colts. At the half it's Chiefs 17 Colts 6.

Smith is 13 of 17 for 178 yards
Luck is 9 of 18 for 127 yards
Charles 6 carries for 29 yards
Colts two HB both have -1 yards and Luck is the leading rusher with 1 run for 13 yards.
Leading receivers:
Charles 4 for 73
Avery 3 for 40
Kelce 2 for 38

Hilton 3 for 40
Wayne 2 for 29

Chiefs have one sack, Colts have 0
Chiefs have one fumble, Smith on an option to Charles, Colts defender broke up the play and grabbed the ball right out of the air before it got to Charles. I guess it was ruled a fumble instead of an int because it was a backward toss.

No fumbles by the Colts
Chiefs have 1 INT , Colts have 0

Going to play the second half before I make any adjustments. My only concerns are, even though the colts have a poor run game in real life it's better then what I'm seeing here. And I'm seeing no penalties called at all. With my slider set I was getting face ask, offsides, holding, roughing the passer , and even got an unecessary roughness call. I want realistic gameplay but would like realistic penalties as well. Is that even possible?
Old 09-06-2014, 09:21 AM   #51
NBA All Life Team

DiceMan's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
I decided to give these a try. After one half I'm liking them so far. I'm playing on all pro, slow speed , 8 min quarters , accel clock off. I'm the Chiefs at the Colts. At the half it's Chiefs 17 Colts 6.

Smith is 13 of 17 for 178 yards
Luck is 9 of 18 for 127 yards
Charles 6 carries for 29 yards
Colts two HB both have -1 yards and Luck is the leading rusher with 1 run for 13 yards.
Leading receivers:
Charles 4 for 73
Avery 3 for 40
Kelce 2 for 38

Hilton 3 for 40
Wayne 2 for 29

Chiefs have one sack, Colts have 0
Chiefs have one fumble, Smith on an option to Charles, Colts defender broke up the play and grabbed the ball right out of the air before it got to Charles. I guess it was ruled a fumble instead of an int because it was a backward toss.

No fumbles by the Colts
Chiefs have 1 INT , Colts have 0

Going to play the second half before I make any adjustments. My only concerns are, even though the colts have a poor run game in real life it's better then what I'm seeing here. And I'm seeing no penalties called at all. With my slider set I was getting face ask, offsides, holding, roughing the passer , and even got an unecessary roughness call. I want realistic gameplay but would like realistic penalties as well. Is that even possible?

Yea the CPU run game needs some more life to it for sure. I started by raising the fumble slider to 85 to test & that helped a lot. I was seeing some bigger gains by the CPU & MJD even took one to the house for 50 yards on a perfectly blocked toss. CPU RBs also started using more moves in their arsenal as well. I also used Blue Ninja's penalty sliders & was seeing a bunch (except for PI of course). I'll def run w/this set for my CCM once I get them tweaked to my liking.
NY Yankees
4 Life.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2014, 10:08 AM   #52
Pro

OVR: 9

These are the best sliders I have played with on m15 to this point. I look for sliders that are really challenging, while still providing an open feel for gameplay. Too often you have to really limit down what you can do on offense for a challenge and these sliders don't do that. Awesome, so thank you. I am totally converted to the idea of 100 pass reaction/coverage sliders.

I would like a little more out of the CPU offense however, so I bumped up the CPU passing accuracy to 15. I'm still trying to figure out how best to improve the CPU running game though. Should I decrease user tackles? I hesitate to increase CPU run blocking because I feel like it can make defense feel helpless when no one can ever get off a block. Thoughts anyone?

#GoPackGo
Old 09-06-2014, 11:00 AM   #53
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

I have not made any adjustments yet. My second game is completely different. Chiefs at Chargers
At the half
Rivers 12 of 17 for 122 one fumble
Smith 5 of 10 for 73 2 INT's
Mathews 15 carries for 55 yards
Wood head 2 for 15
Charles 7 for 7

Houston has two sacks for KC
Chargers also have 2 sacks

Chargers lead 9-3

This is a good slider set. Opening drive of the second half, Chargers defense has me at 3rd and 9 on the KC 43 yard line. I come out in shotgun empty Chiefs which has Charles as a receiver. I see the speed mismatch and just like it would play out in real life I hit him for a 57 yard TD. Chiefs lead 10-9, I'm having a blast.

Note: my play style is sim. I mix up plays, I punt on 4th, no switching player while the ball is in the air on offense and defense.

Last edited by JMD; 09-06-2014 at 11:08 AM.
Old 09-06-2014, 11:34 AM   #54
NBA All Life Team

DiceMan's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekodinator
These are the best sliders I have played with on m15 to this point. I look for sliders that are really challenging, while still providing an open feel for gameplay. Too often you have to really limit down what you can do on offense for a challenge and these sliders don't do that. Awesome, so thank you. I am totally converted to the idea of 100 pass reaction/coverage sliders.

I would like a little more out of the CPU offense however, so I bumped up the CPU passing accuracy to 15. I'm still trying to figure out how best to improve the CPU running game though. Should I decrease user tackles? I hesitate to increase CPU run blocking because I feel like it can make defense feel helpless when no one can ever get off a block. Thoughts anyone?
Start off w/the fumble slider. I know it might sound crazy but it really does make the CPU run harder (credit to the Sliders That Effect Other Things thread here for that find). Still may wind having to up run block a few clicks to get it perfect but I'm thinking it should have to be a minimal amount.
NY Yankees
4 Life.....
Old 09-06-2014, 01:07 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 1

Anybody have advice on how to make running more difficult? With rblk at 0 I'm not sure what to do. I use the jags and split carries between robinson and gerhart and am always getting over 5 ypc. Defense just gives massive holes every down it seems. Any advice would be great?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2014, 02:15 PM   #56
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

i just have one question , will the refs finally call PASS INTERFERENCE with the PI sliders at this setting? i ve tried it from 95-100 and it NEVER calls it ! im so sick of this game never giving a PI call, i want to know does it actually call them at these settings listed here for PI?

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »