Home

JoshC1977's AP Slider Set (based on NCAA 14 OS Slider Set)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's AP Slider Set (based on NCAA 14 OS Slider Set) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2014, 09:44 PM   #73
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's AP Slider Set (based on NCAA 14 OS Slider Set)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
I use the zoom camera for both offense and defense,I had tried the traditional cam,but it seemed to be a bit too far out,and zoom is just a bit to zoomed....to I picked my poison..lmao

LMAO....yep,poor Matt...the sickness of slideritis has spread to Madden,as I mentioned though...I'm not going through roster edits again...lol Been there done that.

I'll try anything I can think of to alleviate the sack issue...I've seen folks on here say "it can't be done with sliders"....to me that's the ultimate challenge...lol
LOL....well, if you're willing to ride it out with me; here we go.

I remembered something about Madden 25, the CPU QBs didn't play as well on the slow speed. I summed it up as not only was the animation slow, but the AI behind the scenes was slow too...thus you get QBs standing around like bloody idiots like they can't process the ever-changing conditions on the field quickly enough. I don't mind sacks, I DO mind when the sacks come from completely unrealistic QB play.

So, here is version 2 - yes, different enough to get its own iteration. I am bumping the game speed up to normal - and the results are promising enough that I am willing to post after two games. I'm going to use this as a base for a while (one more day off and then back to work), so unless there are universal issues that pop up, I am going to let these run for a day or two to solicit lots of feedback.

Version 2.0
Mode: CFM or Play Now
Speed: NORMAL
Gameplay: All-pro
qtr length: 13min
accel clock: 20 sec
injuries: Personal choice - I am using 65
fatigue: 62
speed threshold: 50
ball hawk: off
strafe assist: off
heat seeker assist: off
switch assist: off

HUM/CPU

qb acc: 6/39
pass blocking: 20/50
wr catching: 30/37
run blocking: 50/50
Fumbles: 40/40
Reaction time: 50/50
interceptions: 50/50
Pass coverage: 50/50
tackling: 20/25

Special Teams - (same for both)
FG Power - 50
FG Acc - 39
Punt Power - 50
Punt Acc - 80
KO Power - 51

Penalties SUPER IMPORTANT!!!

Offside: 99
False Start: 99
Holding: 50
Facemask: 50
DPI: 20
OPI: 19
KR/PR interference: 99
Clipping: 55
int grounding: 50
roughing the passer: 51
roughing the kicker: 10

I am updating the OP with this of course. One thing I am still evaluating is whether or not Hum TAK needs to be lowered a tad. I want a lot of feedback on that (as well as my own observations) before I make the switch.

As always, please offer feedback.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 08-31-2014 at 10:06 PM.
Old 08-31-2014, 09:54 PM   #74
Tiger Paw

tyberious4now's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
I use the zoom camera for both offense and defense,I had tried the traditional cam,but it seemed to be a bit too far out,and zoom is just a bit to zoomed....to I picked my poison..lmao

LMAO....yep,poor Matt...the sickness of slideritis has spread to Madden,as I mentioned though...I'm not going through roster edits again...lol Been there done that.

I'll try anything I can think of to alleviate the sack issue...I've seen folks on here say "it can't be done with sliders"....to me that's the ultimate challenge...lol
Cowherpower buddy the good news is the roster us already done...their on madden share psn id Todem......so all you have to do download and load it up.

A Hugh decrease in the amount of sack now...Sliders are a personal choice but I play all madden I love a sim challenge...

I hope that helps
Old 08-31-2014, 09:57 PM   #75
MVP

MvPeterson2828's Arena

OVR: 0

I am with you guys, I rather not use rosters. I am trying remember how I fixed last year sack issue, I was working with charter a little on all-pro set and we got sacks down to 2-4 a game...

I'll be testing and giving solid stats!(:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2014, 10:05 PM   #76
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Sorry guys....made a mistake entering version 2. Fumble should be set to 40 for both sides...updating previous post and OP in a sec.
Old 09-01-2014, 01:08 AM   #77
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Josh,it's funny you mention normal speed....I have actually been going back and forth with this,and while I do like playing on slow,it just seems like the animations don't seem as "rubbery"....and it's actually not that bad in comparison to slow.

I have also been working "behind the scenes" on my original set that I had when I first got the game,with some of your settings as well....I didn't try that set on normal speed yet,but I will and post back.

Oh yea,I moved my fatigue to 80 (not messing with auto subs) and I'm currently using 0 threshold.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 09-01-2014, 03:00 AM   #78
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OK....just got done playing against Green Bay with my "mashed" up sliders,and something happened that has NEVER happened to me in a Madden game before.

I was actually shut out!....19-0,and the worst part?...I was held to something like 59 yards on offense the entire game...lmao

This was played as I mentioned earlier with my "mashed" up slider set,on normal speed (will be sticking here) and 0 threshold.

GB's defense stuffed the living turkey outta me...lol while Rodgers did go 16-20 (with Josh's QB settings) I didn't really mind that,as Rodgers is a top tier QB.

What WAS nice to see,was Rodgers got hurt for a bit,and Flynn came in going 1/4 with an int...so it was nice to see the backup didn't torch me like Clemens did when Rivers went down.

The only issue?? surprise,surprise...the sacks...I sacked Rodgers 5 times...but to be fair Roethlisberger was sacked 5 times as well.

I am half tempted to try All-Madden with sliders heavily in favor of the human to see if the sack issue is there as well.

I will say though...in my test sliders (not Josh's)...I had CPU PBL @0,and seen more double team blocks,especially when I blitzed....which I didn't see on any other settings.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
Old 09-01-2014, 03:51 AM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 0

So its the same thing if I go in and change everything inside my CFM manually as opposed to importing the sliders right?
Old 09-01-2014, 03:57 AM   #80
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayohhvee
So its the same thing if I go in and change everything inside my CFM manually as opposed to importing the sliders right?
If it plays like last years,you'll want to make any changes outside of CFM,then load the sliders once you get into your CFM.

I haven't played CFM yet,so I'm not 100% sure on that,but that's what was needed in the past.
Quote:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »