JoshC1977's AP Slider Set (based on NCAA 14 OS Slider Set) - Page 15 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's AP Slider Set (based on NCAA 14 OS Slider Set)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's AP Slider Set (based on NCAA 14 OS Slider Set) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-02-2014, 09:51 PM   #113
Rookie

rookiesensation's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: JoshC1977's AP Slider Set (based on NCAA 14 OS Slider Set)

Honest to god 100 pass block works tremendously well I have two sacks against the cowboys using the giants at half that not look good but one sack was romo waiting to long with good coverage (knocked him out of the game as well) and the other was weeden trying to scramble and ran into his own blocker. These incredibly well and one other adjustment I made was lowered QB accuracy by one for human and CPU and I'm getting great %'s from that as well. I have my set and I'm ready to roll with this into cfm great work Cowher and I applaud/ thank for your work
Old 09-02-2014, 10:20 PM   #114
All Star

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by rookiesensation
Honest to god 100 pass block works tremendously well I have two sacks against the cowboys using the giants at half that not look good but one sack was romo waiting to long with good coverage (knocked him out of the game as well) and the other was weeden trying to scramble and ran into his own blocker. These incredibly well and one other adjustment I made was lowered QB accuracy by one for human and CPU and I'm getting great %'s from that as well. I have my set and I'm ready to roll with this into cfm great work Cowher and I applaud/ thank for your work
Sounds awesome dude,glad you have found hopefully what you have been looking for.

Out of curiosity....what were the pass reaction and int slider for the cpu set at when you put cpu pb @ 100?

In other words....which set are you currently using with the cpu PBL at 100?..damn see,I'm confusing myself...lmao

Because I had just tried something in my last game against the Browns,that surprised the hell outta me,and my defense wasn't expecting....lol

I reversed the pass reaction and int #'s for the user....so I put pass reaction @ 80 and int's @0 for the user,and left CPU PBL @ 0....at the half I only had 1 sack....and finished with 5 sacks,but that was because I was moving the PBL slider all over the place in the second half.

But the surprise came in Hoyer passing all over me...he ended up like 15/27 for 250+ yards...but he was throwing every pass imaginable...so with that said....I'll probably just look at cpu PBL at either 0 or 100.

Thanks for the help in testing dude,I really appreciate it.

Quote:
People are for reviews if it backs their argument, and against them when they don't.
Quote:
"Yes, I get satisfaction out of hitting a guy and seeing him lie there a while."
Jack Lambert
Quote:
“We’re the Pittsburgh Steelers. We’re supposed to be the intimidators” - Jack Lambert
Old 09-03-2014, 07:11 AM   #115
Rookie

rookiesensation's Arena

OVR: 2

It was with your updates on the other pages plus I made the change of human and CPU QB accuracy down to 6 but was getting great results
Old 09-03-2014, 08:02 AM   #116
Pro

markprior22's Arena

OVR: 7

This would sure be easier to follow if Cowher started his own thread and updated the first post as testing proceeds. The back and forth discussions are obviously needed but without a post showing current settings, it just becomes too confusing for people not able to follow during the day/evening. Just a suggestion.
Old 09-03-2014, 08:51 PM   #117
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by markprior22
This would sure be easier to follow if Cowher started his own thread and updated the first post as testing proceeds. The back and forth discussions are obviously needed but without a post showing current settings, it just becomes too confusing for people not able to follow during the day/evening. Just a suggestion.
I have to second this. I've tried Armor's sliders and they were just too easy for me, I destroyed the Packers with the Saints, Rodgers couldn't complete a pass and Lacy had -4 yards for the half and ended with less than 30 on the day. Tried Josh's and while I did enjoy them (they play amazingly similar to NCAA14 for me which makes sense as I use the community sliders for that game and you helped with them) the main problem was that there was just no real pass defense. My AI would continually allow receivers to catch the ball and then tackle rather than make a play on the ball. Not bad overall and an enjoyable game but just not what I'm looking for from a pro sim. For college it's one thing (and a bit different as I don't really have that problem on NCAA, but then one is a whole generation ahead plus the console upgrade so that makes a difference I'm sure). I'm currently giving Husker's a go but I'm having the same problem I did with Armor's in that everything just seems too easy. I could've scored on my first drive but punted on 40th at the 45 for sim reasons. Getting to the QB too easy and too often and Rodgers is panicking sure but he's not throwing the ball away he's just running for his life until he gets ganked. For example - My first defensive possession resulted in a sack on Rodgers, a stop for a loss on Lacy, and another sack on Rodgers for a safety. I didn't exactly pin them back with the punt either they started on their 15 yard line.

Cowher's on the other hand was the funnest game I've played so far. Passing wasn't to easy, sacks were hard to come by (at times I was thinking Matt Ryan had too much time) and stopping the run was hit and miss at best. It could actually be a difficulty problem rather than a slider problem as Cowher's are the only All-Madden I've tried. Might try Charter's later but basically I think these deserve they're own thread. If anything I think Atlanta was too good against my Saints but I'd rather the CPU be too good and I lose/win a close one than them be trash the whole time. At least with Josh's the CPU offense could get going, with the other's I haven't seen that as yet.

Edit - Oh and I am using Armor's QB edits to play both his and Husker's sliders as they've suggested.

Last edited by Saintslfc13; 09-03-2014 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Edit- Info
Old 09-03-2014, 09:49 PM   #118
All Star

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by markprior22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintslfc13
I have to second this. I've tried Armor's sliders and they were just too easy for me, I destroyed the Packers with the Saints, Rodgers couldn't complete a pass and Lacy had -4 yards for the half and ended with less than 30 on the day. Tried Josh's and while I did enjoy them (they play amazingly similar to NCAA14 for me which makes sense as I use the community sliders for that game and you helped with them) the main problem was that there was just no real pass defense. My AI would continually allow receivers to catch the ball and then tackle rather than make a play on the ball. Not bad overall and an enjoyable game but just not what I'm looking for from a pro sim. For college it's one thing (and a bit different as I don't really have that problem on NCAA, but then one is a whole generation ahead plus the console upgrade so that makes a difference I'm sure). I'm currently giving Husker's a go but I'm having the same problem I did with Armor's in that everything just seems too easy. I could've scored on my first drive but punted on 40th at the 45 for sim reasons. Getting to the QB too easy and too often and Rodgers is panicking sure but he's not throwing the ball away he's just running for his life until he gets ganked. For example - My first defensive possession resulted in a sack on Rodgers, a stop for a loss on Lacy, and another sack on Rodgers for a safety. I didn't exactly pin them back with the punt either they started on their 15 yard line.

Cowher's on the other hand was the funnest game I've played so far. Passing wasn't to easy, sacks were hard to come by (at times I was thinking Matt Ryan had too much time) and stopping the run was hit and miss at best. It could actually be a difficulty problem rather than a slider problem as Cowher's are the only All-Madden I've tried. Might try Charter's later but basically I think these deserve they're own thread. If anything I think Atlanta was too good against my Saints but I'd rather the CPU be too good and I lose/win a close one than them be trash the whole time. At least with Josh's the CPU offense could get going, with the other's I haven't seen that as yet.

Edit - Oh and I am using Armor's QB edits to play both his and Husker's sliders as they've suggested.
OK guys,since I've been getting some requests for my own thread,here's what I told Rookiesensation in a PM.....

Quote:
yea,I might end up doing that. I started a test online CFM and noticed in my first game (which I quit) that moving the ball was really easy,and the same for the CPU offense.

I'm going to be making a few changes,and will probably start a thread tomorrow,and hopefully we'll get some more folks to do some testing.

But I believe we'll have to do the testing in our own test CFM to get a better sense of how it's going to play.
As I also mentioned in my PM....hopefully we'll have enough of us to test these settings,but to get a better representation of the sliders,these will be needed to be tested in CFM.

So be sure to stay tuned,as I will try and get the set up tomorrow,and the first set I will post will be what I'm currently testing in an online CFM.

Quote:
People are for reviews if it backs their argument, and against them when they don't.
Quote:
"Yes, I get satisfaction out of hitting a guy and seeing him lie there a while."
Jack Lambert
Quote:
“We’re the Pittsburgh Steelers. We’re supposed to be the intimidators” - Jack Lambert
Old 09-04-2014, 12:18 AM   #119
Pro

MvPeterson2828's Arena

OVR: 0

I'll be testing tomorrow!!! I been out of town. So tomorrow I'll leave feedback
Old 09-04-2014, 05:50 PM   #120
Banned

OVR: 4

Can someone post cowherpowers current slider set please?
Many thanks

nm i found them

Last edited by viking12344; 09-04-2014 at 06:10 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »