JoshC1977's AP Slider Set (based on NCAA 14 OS Slider Set) - Page 17 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's AP Slider Set (based on NCAA 14 OS Slider Set)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's AP Slider Set (based on NCAA 14 OS Slider Set) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2014, 06:27 PM   #129
Senior Circuit
 
KingV2k3's Arena
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 5,805
Blog Entries: 5
Re: JoshC1977's AP Slider Set (based on NCAA 14 OS Slider Set)

BTW:

I agree wholeheartedly on the "QB ABILITY" slider observation...

Going too far below default just makes for a timid and dumb QB...

I also have had much better luck re: "Pocket Presence" when IG is in the 75+ range...

Lastly, really low Thresh is just going to make DEs and LBs WAY faster than the OL, leading to sacks and blown up screens...

AP is a great level to TWEAK settings, not attempt a full gameplay overhaul...

Kudos, for keeping it "simple"...

KingV2k3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 06:47 PM   #130
All Star
 
JoshC1977's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SF East Bay Area
Blog Entries: 1
Re: JoshC1977's AP Slider Set (based on NCAA 14 OS Slider Set)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
BTW:

I agree wholeheartedly on the "QB ABILITY" slider observation...

Going too far below default just makes for a timid and dumb QB...

I also have had much better luck re: "Pocket Presence" when IG is in the 75+ range...

Lastly, really low Thresh is just going to make DEs and LBs WAY faster than the OL, leading to sacks and blown up screens...

AP is a great level to TWEAK settings, not attempt a full gameplay overhaul...

Kudos, for keeping it "simple"...

OMG....thank you for that! I keep seeing all of the threads bashing how 'dumb' the QBs are and I know that it is truly just a slider issue.

EA really does have a good product out of the box that many things should be left at or near default. I don't want to re-invent the wheel.

Interesting on the higher IG....I haven't tried that since the tuner (loved higher IG on NCAA depending on other settings)....I will be trying it now though.
JoshC1977 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 08:06 PM   #131
Hall Of Fame
 
areobee401's Arena
 
OVR: 24
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 15,817
Re: JoshC1977's AP Slider Set (based on NCAA 14 OS Slider Set)

Going to give IG a bump like suggest here. That makes a lot of sense now that you guys mention it.

Josh what effect does offsides and holding penalties have on game play, if any?

Having not played Madden since Madden 12, how sliders are tied to game play changes is foreign to me.
areobee401 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 09:01 PM   #132
"I reckon so."
 
Last Gunfighter's Arena
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 845
Re: JoshC1977's AP Slider Set (based on NCAA 14 OS Slider Set)

I'm gonna give these a test run, I have tried some other sets and wasn't thrilled, I like your line of thinking and reasoning here. I'm starting to believe people are over thinking this and making too many changes to the point they don't know whether they are coming or going, creating more problems than they are fixing.
__________________
New Orleans SAINTS |LSU TIGERS |New York RANGERS

"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle 'Dixie'?" -The Outlaw, Josie Wales
Last Gunfighter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 09:23 PM   #133
All Star
 
JoshC1977's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SF East Bay Area
Blog Entries: 1
Re: JoshC1977's AP Slider Set (based on NCAA 14 OS Slider Set)

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
Going to give IG a bump like suggest here. That makes a lot of sense now that you guys mention it.

Josh what effect does offsides and holding penalties have on game play, if any?

Having not played Madden since Madden 12, how sliders are tied to game play changes is foreign to me.
Playing with IG; but seeing some overly accurate QBs with the combined higher accuracy already in the set. I do believe that the QB ability is cumulative between IG and QBA. At default, there are a combined 100 points of slider value (which gives too good of a QB). My current set (39 QBA and 50 IG = 89 points). I'm not saying that '89' is a magic value or anything, but I don't want too go too far above or below that. In other words, the more you raise IG, you should lower QBA roughly the same amount.

Offsides at a high setting will make defenders more aggressive in trying to anticipate the snap count...potentially giving them a boost.

Holding at a high setting will actually cause linemen to hold more often, improving blocking (particularly on pass plays).

It's ironic that you mention M12; that is the game where the discovery that penalty sliders impact gameplay was found. At a simple level, penalty sliders trigger certain animations and/or actions to occur. The easiest to see is facemask where high settings will cause more of the aggressive grabbing tackle animations to occur (you can actually see them). Sometimes they are called, sometimes not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodatdawg
I'm gonna give these a test run, I have tried some other sets and wasn't thrilled, I like your line of thinking and reasoning here. I'm starting to believe people are over thinking this and making too many changes to the point they don't know whether they are coming or going, creating more problems than they are fixing.
I agree....I think that balanced sliders on All Pro will lead to more balanced results. In that vein, and after playing more with the new tuner, I am reducing both offsides and false start to 55. Long story short, O-linemen were getting too good of a jump and were getting too much of a push at the line. Lowering offsides so d-linemen don't get too good of a jump.

Version 4 - Gamma uploaded to OP.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 09-06-2014 at 09:28 PM.
JoshC1977 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 12:45 AM   #134
Pro
 
MvPeterson2828's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Prescott Valley, Arizona.
Re: JoshC1977's AP Slider Set (based on NCAA 14 OS Slider Set)

Hey josh! I am back. Haha. Was busy for a week! I hear the patch for QB sacks came out... How are sacks now with your sliders??!?!
MvPeterson2828 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 07:53 AM   #135
All Star
 
JoshC1977's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SF East Bay Area
Blog Entries: 1
Re: JoshC1977's AP Slider Set (based on NCAA 14 OS Slider Set)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MvPeterson2828
Hey josh! I am back. Haha. Was busy for a week! I hear the patch for QB sacks came out... How are sacks now with your sliders??!?!
For me, they seem good - line blocking has improved for both run and pass, so I had to cut back on the false start and offsides sliders.
JoshC1977 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 12:43 PM   #136
Pro
 
MvPeterson2828's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Prescott Valley, Arizona.
Re: JoshC1977's AP Slider Set (based on NCAA 14 OS Slider Set)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
For me, they seem good - line blocking has improved for both run and pass, so I had to cut back on the false start and offsides sliders.
Thanks! If you wouldn't mind, can You post status of a game you play or played? I won't be playing till later tonight or tomorrow... Its time to watch my Vikings go at it.
MvPeterson2828 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:47 PM.

Top -