JoshC1977's AP Slider Set (based on NCAA 14 OS Slider Set) - Page 4 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's AP Slider Set (based on NCAA 14 OS Slider Set)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's AP Slider Set (based on NCAA 14 OS Slider Set) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 08-30-2014, 06:12 PM   #25
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's AP Slider Set (based on NCAA 14 OS Slider Set)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
OK...just got done playing against the Chargers,and while I did lose the game,I was not happy with the cpu passing at ALL.

In the box score you'll see why....
Spoiler

Rivers got hurt,and I was actually happy to see Clemens come into the game,as I wanted to see how a backup performs. Well,his name might as well have been Montana....Clemens went 12/12,and was hitting throws perfectly...no over throws,or errant throw of any kind.

As you can also see Rivers went 12/13...his only incomplete pass was an over throw....between both QB'S...that's 24/25 for the whole game....sorry but that's just a bit unbelievable.....especially when I noticed no drop off from Rivers to Clemens.

Everything else felt on point,but I am definitely going to be looking at the cpu's QB acc.
[email protected]#! I mean, I know the steelers suck....but really?!!

That is a frustrating thing to see (I'm sure even moreso for you - I know what a stickler you are for accuracy). Were they dinking/dunking all game or was there a variety of throws and they were just hitting all of them? How much pressure were you getting? Were you blitzing a lot, playing zone, man-to-man, etc.?

I haven't seen a game like that with this set yet. I'll keep a close eye on things and see if we can support a drop in QBA that will not a) dumb them down and b) keep the deep game alive for the CPU.

The only other thing that is bothering me is the lack of big plays. I am considering lowering the threshold to try to stimulate that.You have any thoughts on that Cowher?
Old 08-30-2014, 08:03 PM   #26
All Star

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
[email protected]#! I mean, I know the steelers suck....but really?!!

Quote:
That is a frustrating thing to see (I'm sure even moreso for you - I know what a stickler you are for accuracy). Were they dinking/dunking all game or was there a variety of throws and they were just hitting all of them? How much pressure were you getting? Were you blitzing a lot, playing zone, man-to-man, etc.?
you're telling me dude...lmao,both QB'S were hitting everything,and I mean everything....short,medium and long passes...all in perfect stride.

As far as my defense goes,I was trying everything...nothing seemed to stop their passing game...calling blitz,I was able to get to Rivers....but at Halftime I switched to normal speed (keep this in mind) and only got to Clemens 1 time.

Quote:
I haven't seen a game like that with this set yet. I'll keep a close eye on things and see if we can support a drop in QBA that will not a) dumb them down and b) keep the deep game alive for the CPU.

The only other thing that is bothering me is the lack of big plays. I am considering lowering the threshold to try to stimulate that.You have any thoughts on that Cowher?
As far as thresh is concerned...I honestly didn't notice much difference from 0-50,so I'm not to sure about that yet.

Quote:
People are for reviews if it backs their argument, and against them when they don't.
Quote:
"Yes, I get satisfaction out of hitting a guy and seeing him lie there a while."
Jack Lambert
Quote:
“We’re the Pittsburgh Steelers. We’re supposed to be the intimidators” - Jack Lambert
Old 08-30-2014, 09:16 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 0

I played a game against Denver using Seattle with these sliders and these sliders are perfect for me. Playing against Manning, the first drive he went 9/10 but when he got to my goal line we held them to 3 and I was worried Manning would be super accurate all game and he WASN'T, the next drive I was able to force a 3 and out by playing press and zoning my linebackers, it was a really realistic game and at half I was down 10-6, the second half Marshawn Lynch ran for 2 TDs and my defense held the Broncos to only a TD am it came down to a defensive stop on my part, it plays as a really chippy game with both teams having the oppurtunity to won, good job
Old 08-30-2014, 11:16 PM   #28
Pro

MvPeterson2828's Arena

I liked it, for the most part... But I found CPU dominated in the passing. Game. Vikings vs Bradford. Bradford. Was 33 for 39. 3 TDs and 1 pick... I noticed no separation. Between fast and slow guys, finally. To many dropped picks.

I lost 14-35. They didn't pick. Me off at all...

Also in CFM

Last edited by MvPeterson2828; 08-30-2014 at 11:23 PM.
Old 08-30-2014, 11:22 PM   #29
All Star

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MvPeterson2828
Bradford. Was 33 for 39.
Sounds like my game against the Chargers...

Quote:
People are for reviews if it backs their argument, and against them when they don't.
Quote:
"Yes, I get satisfaction out of hitting a guy and seeing him lie there a while."
Jack Lambert
Quote:
“We’re the Pittsburgh Steelers. We’re supposed to be the intimidators” - Jack Lambert
Old 08-30-2014, 11:24 PM   #30
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
you're telling me dude...lmao,both QB'S were hitting everything,and I mean everything....short,medium and long passes...all in perfect stride.

As far as my defense goes,I was trying everything...nothing seemed to stop their passing game...calling blitz,I was able to get to Rivers....but at Halftime I switched to normal speed (keep this in mind) and only got to Clemens 1 time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MvPeterson2828
I liked it, for the most part... But I found CPU dominated in the passing. Game. Vikings vs Bradford. Bradford. Was 33 for 39. 3 TDs and 1 pick... I noticed no separation. Between fast and slow guys, finally. To many dropped picks.

I lost 14-35. They didn't pick. Me off at all...

OK guys....I believe I have found the issue with the CPU passing. I lowered the Pass Block slider earlier today - I shouldn't have done that. I made a couple of other changes and in one game, I held Andy Dalton to under 50% passing (just under) and picked him off a couple of times using the Panthers. I need to test out a couple of more games; but here are the changes I made:

• CPU PBK to 50 (I think THIS is the key one that I messed up today by lowering it)
  • IG to 0
  • OPI/DPI to 0/0
  • Thresh to 45
All other settings are as the OP.

I'm going to test out a couple more games tomorrow. If all goes well, I will update the OP.
Old 08-30-2014, 11:25 PM   #31
Pro

MvPeterson2828's Arena

Quote:
Sounds like my game against the Chargers...
Haha.😜 I will be doing some tweaking and trying figure this out. I am already figuring some out.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2014, 11:29 PM   #32
Pro

MvPeterson2828's Arena

Quote:
OK guys....I believe I have found the issue with the CPU passing. I lowered the Pass Block slider earlier today - I shouldn't have done that. I made a couple of other changes and in one game, I held Andy Dalton to under 50% passing (just under) and picked him off a couple of times using the Panthers. I need to test out a couple of more games; but here are the changes I made:

• CPU PBK to 50 (I think THIS is the key one that I messed up today by lowering it)
  • IG to 0
  • OPI/DPI to 0/0
  • Thresh to 45
All other settings are as the OP.

I'm going to test out a couple more games tomorrow. If all goes well, I will update the OP.
Alright, testing this! I'll be posting soon,

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »