Home

JoshC1977's AP Slider Set (based on NCAA 14 OS Slider Set)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's AP Slider Set (based on NCAA 14 OS Slider Set) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2014, 06:49 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's AP Slider Set (based on NCAA 14 OS Slider Set)

Green Bay Packers at Pittsburgh Steelers
Jan 1, 1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Green Bay Packers ()10103730
Pittsburgh Steelers ()01031427
Team Stats Comparison
GNBPIT
Total Offense402485
Rushing Yards198155
Passing Yards204330
First Downs1520
Punt Return Yards
Kick Return Yards
Total Yards
Turnovers12
3rd Down Converstion7/165/13
4th Down Conversion
2-Point Conversion
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals
Penalties
Posession Time25:3930:21
Green Bay Packers
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Rodgers18/262261
Pittsburgh Steelers
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Roethlisberger18/3635932

Played as Steelers. Running game was overpowered for both team, I need to tweak those to my liking. Played the first half with CPU QB ACC at 39 and the second half at 9. Packers ran the ball much more in the second half, obviously because of the lead. Saw pretty much zero difference with accuracy. Probably going to keep it at 39. A-Rod tried few long balls and was really good with medium shots.

Found these sliders to be the best I've tried in this Madden. Just needs some adjustments and I'm ready to rumble.

Sacked Rodgers 4 times. One was a perfect blitz with Timmons coming screaming through the A-gap. And one was Rodgers trying to scramble and oddly running into my NT. Can't remember the rest.

Finland
Old 08-31-2014, 08:53 AM   #50
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Mornin' guys. Reading the feedback since last night; some good feedback here. Going to fire up a game or two and see how the changes I mentioned last night hold up.

I'm also going to look at the user run game; did not know that the Hum RBK is reversed; I may bump it up because I was seeing some fairly easy gains on my side.
Old 08-31-2014, 09:41 AM   #51
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

I am becoming more convinced that the Hum RBK slider affects the CPU defenders as more of a run defense slider.The push at the line doesn't change too much (it DOES change some in a logical manner); but at low settings the LBs play more aggressive and get sucked right into the blocking while safeties stay in coverage longer (why it is easier to run). At higher settings, the LBs play more smartly by playing their gaps and reacting more intelligently (safeties will play the run/pass more intelligently too - they won't bite on PA at extreme settings). I think this is very similar to how the run defense slider on NCAA functioned. The good news is, a setting of 30 seems to be working well with this set...the funny thing is that it is EXACTLY where I have the CPU run defense (and human RBK) set to on NCAA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2014, 10:21 AM   #52
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Version 1.1 has been uploaded. Games really vary on this version of Madden (irrespective of sliders). I STRONGLY recommend playing three or four games before making a change.
Old 08-31-2014, 11:33 AM   #53
Banned

OVR: 4

Love these josh, best I have used so far. Are your recent changes updated on page 1 of this post?

NM I see they are.
Old 08-31-2014, 11:49 AM   #54
MVP

MvPeterson2828's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking12344
Love these josh, best I have used so far. Are your recent changes updated on page 1 of this post?

NM I see they are.
His updates are on the OP.
Old 08-31-2014, 11:53 AM   #55
MVP

MvPeterson2828's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I am becoming more convinced that the Hum RBK slider affects the CPU defenders as more of a run defense slider.The push at the line doesn't change too much (it DOES change some in a logical manner); but at low settings the LBs play more aggressive and get sucked right into the blocking while safeties stay in coverage longer (why it is easier to run). At higher settings, the LBs play more smartly by playing their gaps and reacting more intelligently (safeties will play the run/pass more intelligently too - they won't bite on PA at extreme settings). I think this is very similar to how the run defense slider on NCAA functioned. The good news is, a setting of 30 seems to be working well with this set...the funny thing is that it is EXACTLY where I have the CPU run defense (and human RBK) set to on NCAA.
Morning Josh.

That is a interesting find. I was unsure about the RBK. I was playing. It between 20-30 range. I will try 30. I still Think the Fumble slider for the CPU is like a RB ability.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2014, 12:50 PM   #56
Banned

OVR: 4

I wonder if the fumble slider determines how many special moves the cpu runner engages in? Just a hunch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »