Home

JoshC1977's AP Slider Set (based on NCAA 14 OS Slider Set)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's AP Slider Set (based on NCAA 14 OS Slider Set) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2014, 05:09 PM   #65
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: JoshC1977's AP Slider Set (based on NCAA 14 OS Slider Set)

Overall,I thought the initial sliders played pretty good....except for the game where the QB % were through the roof.

My main concern right now is the crazy amount of sacks against the CPU...it seems no matter what slider I adjust,I am still able to get crazy sack numbers.

I had read in Schnaidt's thread about lowering pass reaction to help with this problem,so last night I lowered my reaction time to 15,and did not notice any difference in sack #'s.

I understand A&S had edited the cpu QB's to alleviate the problem somewhat..but after going through the process with NCAA,I have no desire to do it again....especially when I like to play multiple years in CFM.

I had also read the playing on "normal" speed might help,and this didn't do anything either....I'm bound and determined to find my own solution (if there is one) to this issue.

I have also played with IG all over the spectrum,and did not notice any difference there either. At one point I had thought that maybe since RB was reversed,the same might be true for PB as well...but it didn't seem to be the case.

Obviously I'm not going to give up on this issue,as I am thoroughly enjoying this game....now all we need is Matt to join in,and go on Twitch....LMAO....lets get the "gang" back together...
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2014, 05:18 PM   #66
MVP

MvPeterson2828's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
Overall,I thought the initial sliders played pretty good....except for the game where the QB % were through the roof.

My main concern right now is the crazy amount of sacks against the CPU...it seems no matter what slider I adjust,I am still able to get crazy sack numbers.

I had read in Schnaidt's thread about lowering pass reaction to help with this problem,so last night I lowered my reaction time to 15,and did not notice any difference in sack #'s.

I understand A&S had edited the cpu QB's to alleviate the problem somewhat..but after going through the process with NCAA,I have no desire to do it again....especially when I like to play multiple years in CFM.

I had also read the playing on "normal" speed might help,and this didn't do anything either....I'm bound and determined to find my own solution (if there is one) to this issue.

I have also played with IG all over the spectrum,and did not notice any difference there either. At one point I had thought that maybe since RB was reversed,the same might be true for PB as well...but it didn't seem to be the case.

Obviously I'm not going to give up on this issue,as I am thoroughly enjoying this game....now all we need is Matt to join in,and go on Twitch....LMAO....lets get the "gang" back together...
I agree. Haha. I am struggling to find a way to eliminate sacks! Bothering Me. I tried int grounding. Everywhere, tried pass block. At 95... Nothing. But maybe 95 pass block and really low 15 pass reaction? Also, I am seeing the CPU run game being weak. Enjoying the game for the most part.
Old 08-31-2014, 05:54 PM   #67
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MvPeterson2828
I agree. Haha. I am struggling to find a way to eliminate sacks! Bothering Me. I tried int grounding. Everywhere, tried pass block. At 95... Nothing. But maybe 95 pass block and really low 15 pass reaction? Also, I am seeing the CPU run game being weak. Enjoying the game for the most part.
It's funny...I have no issues with the cpu run game,it seems to play pretty nice for me so far....as a matter of fact,I feel the run game for both user and cpu is pretty good.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
Old 08-31-2014, 06:03 PM   #68
MVP

MvPeterson2828's Arena

Quote:
It's funny...I have no issues with the cpu run game,it seems to play pretty nice for me so far....as a matter of fact,I feel the run game for both user and cpu is pretty good.
You do?? Interesting... I will go back into sliders and check its right.

Its just the sacks that are killing me! Its a good game this year, just the sack issue... Ugh!! Frustration!!!!
Old 08-31-2014, 06:10 PM   #69
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MvPeterson2828
You do?? Interesting... I will go back into sliders and check its right.

Its just the sacks that are killing me! Its a good game this year, just the sack issue... Ugh!! Frustration!!!!
yea dude....the running game has been really nice for me...seeing a mixture of every kind of run you can imagine...short,long,medium and losses.

I will say though....I have been using 0 threshold with slow...as I wanted to see if there would be more separation..it seems to be working out so far,as the cpu had been able to get to the outside more,especially with the speedier backs.

Now the sack issue???.....driving me crazy,if we can get this under control (without edits)...I will be in football heaven
Quote:
Old 08-31-2014, 06:24 PM   #70
MVP

MvPeterson2828's Arena

Quote:
yea dude....the running game has been really nice for me...seeing a mixture of every kind of run you can imagine...short,long,medium and losses.

I will say though....I have been using 0 threshold with slow...as I wanted to see if there would be more separation..it seems to be working out so far,as the cpu had been able to get to the outside more,especially with the speedier backs.

Now the sack issue???.....driving me crazy,if we can get this under control (without edits)...I will be in football heaven
I see, 0 threshold... I'm sitting at 45 and slow speed.. Might try that.

I know, tell me about it! Sacks in madden 25 was terrible too, but I got it down into 2-5 range. Haha.😜
Now, its a freaking mess in this year vision!!😡 But, I hope EA puts out a patch to this issue! Then I'll be happy!! Till then, I will try and accept it.
Old 08-31-2014, 07:29 PM   #71
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:

Cowher, thank you for this post, you have covered a lot of things I thought of trying but haven't had a chance to do yet. I have yet to see "crazy" sack numbers yet, but they are higher than the NFL average of ~2.5 sacks allowed per game.

One question: what defensive view are you using? I use the 'standard' camera. While the new over the shoulder camera is cool, I am just a traditionalist. That said, it's much easier to get those moves to work when using the new angle....is that the angle you are using per chance?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think at the end of the day, I am going to build this set to be great aside from the sack issues and see if/when EA patches it. I may use the roster workaround in the meantime if necessary; but it isn't a preferred option.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
One other thing - I'm going back to basics and trying a couple of new things with this set. I think we have some potential here....more to come....

(I feel like Matt going through a new version seemingly every day....LOL)

Last edited by JoshC1977; 08-31-2014 at 08:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2014, 09:12 PM   #72
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
One question: what defensive view are you using? I use the 'standard' camera. While the new over the shoulder camera is cool, I am just a traditionalist. That said, it's much easier to get those moves to work when using the new angle....is that the angle you are using per chance?

(I feel like Matt going through a new version seemingly every day....LOL)
I use the zoom camera for both offense and defense,I had tried the traditional cam,but it seemed to be a bit too far out,and zoom is just a bit to zoomed....to I picked my poison..lmao

LMAO....yep,poor Matt...the sickness of slideritis has spread to Madden,as I mentioned though...I'm not going through roster edits again...lol Been there done that.

I'll try anything I can think of to alleviate the sack issue...I've seen folks on here say "it can't be done with sliders"....to me that's the ultimate challenge...lol
Quote:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »