Coach Mode CFM Human vs CPU Sliders - Page 11 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Coach Mode CFM Human vs CPU Sliders

This is a discussion on Coach Mode CFM Human vs CPU Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2014, 05:09 PM   #81
Pro
 
OVR: 8
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Coach Mode CFM Human vs CPU Sliders

So I tarted these out bro. On two games. First game against the seahawks and I found that there wasn't a lot of offense. Mostly defence. Average yards per play was around 3-4yds. And only one big play throughout the entire game.

Then I simply reduced the min speed threshold to zero for the next game against the Jets. Felt the game played much much better. I still think the running game was a little too weak, as the jets only averaged either just under or just over 3 Yds per carry. (I can't remember) whilst for the raiders MJD averaged just under 4yds a carry, but McFadden had 7 carries in the game for over 60 Yds thanks to a big 35yd play for a TD in the first round.

I'm thinking possibly of dropping the injury rating to 51. I got about 5 injuries in the game, 3 for us, 2 for the jets. None of the injuries were long term, only for the game. 3 players were out for the game, but not for subsequent weeks, 2 were injured for about a quarter and then came back.

Any suggestions on injury rating? I don't know what is appropriate. Maybe I'll google it.

But overall, really nice coach mode sliders. With the min speed threshold at zero I found both teams attempting some bigger plays, and overall a better experience. I can't wait to play against an elite QB to see whether they can pick me apart and pass for a good amount of yards.

Ended up winning the game 30-13 btw.
tarek is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 02:44 PM   #82
Rookie
 
sonsart2's Arena
 
OVR: 11
Join Date: Nov 2012
Blog Entries: 229
Re: Coach Mode CFM Human vs CPU Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarek
So I tarted these out bro. On two games. First game against the seahawks and I found that there wasn't a lot of offense. Mostly defence. Average yards per play was around 3-4yds. And only one big play throughout the entire game.

Then I simply reduced the min speed threshold to zero for the next game against the Jets. Felt the game played much much better. I still think the running game was a little too weak, as the jets only averaged either just under or just over 3 Yds per carry. (I can't remember) whilst for the raiders MJD averaged just under 4yds a carry, but McFadden had 7 carries in the game for over 60 Yds thanks to a big 35yd play for a TD in the first round.

I'm thinking possibly of dropping the injury rating to 51. I got about 5 injuries in the game, 3 for us, 2 for the jets. None of the injuries were long term, only for the game. 3 players were out for the game, but not for subsequent weeks, 2 were injured for about a quarter and then came back.

Any suggestions on injury rating? I don't know what is appropriate. Maybe I'll google it.

But overall, really nice coach mode sliders. With the min speed threshold at zero I found both teams attempting some bigger plays, and overall a better experience. I can't wait to play against an elite QB to see whether they can pick me apart and pass for a good amount of yards.

Ended up winning the game 30-13 btw.
I can't say that I've done much looking at injuries just yet, but they feel about right to me. I agree that there should be a little more downfield passing game, but I've been struggling the passing game realistic, particularly in completion %. One way to combat dink & dunk might be to raise the qb accuracy(which I really think is a misnomer for qb intelligence) and raise the defensive sliders to compensate although I haven't tried it myself. I've got my sliders in a place where I've started my own CFM as the Cowboys and may make some tweaks based on what I see in those games. Overall, I think they're quite good and as close as we can get without a patch to correct some of the glaring issues (accuracy and sacks). When it comes to the running game, some backs struggle and some don't. I think it largely depends on which rb, offensive line and d-line your playing against, in the grand scheme of things, having played as all 32 teams, I think I've got the running game just about right
sonsart2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 03:38 AM   #83
Pro
 
OVR: 8
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Coach Mode CFM Human vs CPU Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonsart2
I can't say that I've done much looking at injuries just yet, but they feel about right to me. I agree that there should be a little more downfield passing game, but I've been struggling the passing game realistic, particularly in completion %. One way to combat dink & dunk might be to raise the qb accuracy(which I really think is a misnomer for qb intelligence) and raise the defensive sliders to compensate although I haven't tried it myself. I've got my sliders in a place where I've started my own CFM as the Cowboys and may make some tweaks based on what I see in those games. Overall, I think they're quite good and as close as we can get without a patch to correct some of the glaring issues (accuracy and sacks). When it comes to the running game, some backs struggle and some don't. I think it largely depends on which rb, offensive line and d-line your playing against, in the grand scheme of things, having played as all 32 teams, I think I've got the running game just about right
Yeah agree. I've played with a few other sliders but your ones are the only ones where I know the originator is playing coach mode just like me.

Also, played against the texans and couldn't run at all. Plus, on my defensive line I'm down a DT so I'm forced to start a 66 over rookie. And Arian foster is eating me up! So like you said, a few tweaks and we will see.

The completions are okay. A little high on my side, I have derek Carr sitting at around 73% over two games. I'm hoping for a good patch to drop for offline CFM since that's all I play.
tarek is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 02:11 PM   #84
Hall of Fame
 
kchuskey's Arena
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Topeka, Kansas
Posts: 551
Re: Coach Mode CFM Human vs CPU Sliders

I am happy to announce that after many long hours of pondering, I have decided to go with coach mode, and abandon my current CFM. It was playing well for me, but I just have that coaching blood in me. I am a long time coach mode player, as some here may know. I'm now going to invest all of my time into it for my CFM. I plan on starting with this set, and hopefully you have nailed them, so I won't have to make any changes, or recommendations. I will as always be rolling with my Chiefs, in an owner CFM. Yes I know some think it's financial model is broken, but I'm up for the challenge to test it. I'll keep you updated, and let you know if I have any issues.
__________________
XBOX Gamertag: KCHuskey
PSN Gamertag: KCHuskey

"I remember a day before sliders existed, when we would play an entire season, before dinner."
kchuskey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 12:45 AM   #85
MVP
 
HC0023's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Mar 2009
Re: Coach Mode CFM Human vs CPU Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchuskey
I am happy to announce that after many long hours of pondering, I have decided to go with coach mode, and abandon my current CFM. It was playing well for me, but I just have that coaching blood in me. I am a long time coach mode player, as some here may know. I'm now going to invest all of my time into it for my CFM. I plan on starting with this set, and hopefully you have nailed them, so I won't have to make any changes, or recommendations. I will as always be rolling with my Chiefs, in an owner CFM. Yes I know some think it's financial model is broken, but I'm up for the challenge to test it. I'll keep you updated, and let you know if I have any issues.
Good News KC
HC0023 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 11:12 AM   #86
MVP
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,719
Re: Coach Mode CFM Human vs CPU Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Thanks for the hard work, man. These are some of the best sliders I've ever used. not only do these sliders yield great stats with a good mix of penalty's. They also make the game look and feel like the Real McCoy. That's a balance that's hard to achieve. It rarely happens. This is the Holy Grail of sliders.
Are you playing this set on Pro or All Pro?
Cavicchi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 06:43 PM   #87
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Staten Island, New York
Re: Coach Mode CFM Human vs CPU Sliders

Guys how do I set "coach mode" ? i want to give this a shot since I do coach mode in NHL and love it. I'm not to sure where to elect the coach option
__________________
PSN ID: MikeyBoy02NY02
http://www.twitch.tv/nyrangers241
LET'S GO NY RANGERS!!!!!!
Die hard Hockey fan!
MikeyBoy02NY02 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 07:45 PM   #88
Hall of Fame
 
kchuskey's Arena
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Topeka, Kansas
Posts: 551
Re: Coach Mode CFM Human vs CPU Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyBoy02NY02
Guys how do I set "coach mode" ? i want to give this a shot since I do coach mode in NHL and love it. I'm not to sure where to elect the coach option

Hey Mikey.... You have to go into your main game settings page, and it is at the very bottom. Move it to yes, and then when you play CFM, or play now from then in, it will be coach mode. Keep in mind, as coach, you do still need to control the kicking game.
__________________
XBOX Gamertag: KCHuskey
PSN Gamertag: KCHuskey

"I remember a day before sliders existed, when we would play an entire season, before dinner."
kchuskey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:07 PM.

Top -