Coach Mode CFM Human vs CPU Sliders - Page 11 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Coach Mode CFM Human vs CPU Sliders

This is a discussion on Coach Mode CFM Human vs CPU Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-12-2014, 05:09 PM   #81
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Coach Mode CFM Human vs CPU Sliders

So I tarted these out bro. On two games. First game against the seahawks and I found that there wasn't a lot of offense. Mostly defence. Average yards per play was around 3-4yds. And only one big play throughout the entire game.

Then I simply reduced the min speed threshold to zero for the next game against the Jets. Felt the game played much much better. I still think the running game was a little too weak, as the jets only averaged either just under or just over 3 Yds per carry. (I can't remember) whilst for the raiders MJD averaged just under 4yds a carry, but McFadden had 7 carries in the game for over 60 Yds thanks to a big 35yd play for a TD in the first round.

I'm thinking possibly of dropping the injury rating to 51. I got about 5 injuries in the game, 3 for us, 2 for the jets. None of the injuries were long term, only for the game. 3 players were out for the game, but not for subsequent weeks, 2 were injured for about a quarter and then came back.

Any suggestions on injury rating? I don't know what is appropriate. Maybe I'll google it.

But overall, really nice coach mode sliders. With the min speed threshold at zero I found both teams attempting some bigger plays, and overall a better experience. I can't wait to play against an elite QB to see whether they can pick me apart and pass for a good amount of yards.

Ended up winning the game 30-13 btw.
Old 09-13-2014, 02:44 PM   #82
Rookie

sonsart2's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarek
So I tarted these out bro. On two games. First game against the seahawks and I found that there wasn't a lot of offense. Mostly defence. Average yards per play was around 3-4yds. And only one big play throughout the entire game.

Then I simply reduced the min speed threshold to zero for the next game against the Jets. Felt the game played much much better. I still think the running game was a little too weak, as the jets only averaged either just under or just over 3 Yds per carry. (I can't remember) whilst for the raiders MJD averaged just under 4yds a carry, but McFadden had 7 carries in the game for over 60 Yds thanks to a big 35yd play for a TD in the first round.

I'm thinking possibly of dropping the injury rating to 51. I got about 5 injuries in the game, 3 for us, 2 for the jets. None of the injuries were long term, only for the game. 3 players were out for the game, but not for subsequent weeks, 2 were injured for about a quarter and then came back.

Any suggestions on injury rating? I don't know what is appropriate. Maybe I'll google it.

But overall, really nice coach mode sliders. With the min speed threshold at zero I found both teams attempting some bigger plays, and overall a better experience. I can't wait to play against an elite QB to see whether they can pick me apart and pass for a good amount of yards.

Ended up winning the game 30-13 btw.
I can't say that I've done much looking at injuries just yet, but they feel about right to me. I agree that there should be a little more downfield passing game, but I've been struggling the passing game realistic, particularly in completion %. One way to combat dink & dunk might be to raise the qb accuracy(which I really think is a misnomer for qb intelligence) and raise the defensive sliders to compensate although I haven't tried it myself. I've got my sliders in a place where I've started my own CFM as the Cowboys and may make some tweaks based on what I see in those games. Overall, I think they're quite good and as close as we can get without a patch to correct some of the glaring issues (accuracy and sacks). When it comes to the running game, some backs struggle and some don't. I think it largely depends on which rb, offensive line and d-line your playing against, in the grand scheme of things, having played as all 32 teams, I think I've got the running game just about right
Old 09-14-2014, 03:38 AM   #83
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonsart2
I can't say that I've done much looking at injuries just yet, but they feel about right to me. I agree that there should be a little more downfield passing game, but I've been struggling the passing game realistic, particularly in completion %. One way to combat dink & dunk might be to raise the qb accuracy(which I really think is a misnomer for qb intelligence) and raise the defensive sliders to compensate although I haven't tried it myself. I've got my sliders in a place where I've started my own CFM as the Cowboys and may make some tweaks based on what I see in those games. Overall, I think they're quite good and as close as we can get without a patch to correct some of the glaring issues (accuracy and sacks). When it comes to the running game, some backs struggle and some don't. I think it largely depends on which rb, offensive line and d-line your playing against, in the grand scheme of things, having played as all 32 teams, I think I've got the running game just about right
Yeah agree. I've played with a few other sliders but your ones are the only ones where I know the originator is playing coach mode just like me.

Also, played against the texans and couldn't run at all. Plus, on my defensive line I'm down a DT so I'm forced to start a 66 over rookie. And Arian foster is eating me up! So like you said, a few tweaks and we will see.

The completions are okay. A little high on my side, I have derek Carr sitting at around 73% over two games. I'm hoping for a good patch to drop for offline CFM since that's all I play.
Old 09-14-2014, 02:11 PM   #84
Hall of Fame

kchuskey's Arena

OVR: 4

I am happy to announce that after many long hours of pondering, I have decided to go with coach mode, and abandon my current CFM. It was playing well for me, but I just have that coaching blood in me. I am a long time coach mode player, as some here may know. I'm now going to invest all of my time into it for my CFM. I plan on starting with this set, and hopefully you have nailed them, so I won't have to make any changes, or recommendations. I will as always be rolling with my Chiefs, in an owner CFM. Yes I know some think it's financial model is broken, but I'm up for the challenge to test it. I'll keep you updated, and let you know if I have any issues.

"I remember a day before sliders existed, when we would play an entire season, before dinner."
Old 09-15-2014, 12:45 AM   #85
MVP

HC0023's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchuskey
I am happy to announce that after many long hours of pondering, I have decided to go with coach mode, and abandon my current CFM. It was playing well for me, but I just have that coaching blood in me. I am a long time coach mode player, as some here may know. I'm now going to invest all of my time into it for my CFM. I plan on starting with this set, and hopefully you have nailed them, so I won't have to make any changes, or recommendations. I will as always be rolling with my Chiefs, in an owner CFM. Yes I know some think it's financial model is broken, but I'm up for the challenge to test it. I'll keep you updated, and let you know if I have any issues.
Good News KC
Old 09-15-2014, 11:12 AM   #86
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Thanks for the hard work, man. These are some of the best sliders I've ever used. not only do these sliders yield great stats with a good mix of penalty's. They also make the game look and feel like the Real McCoy. That's a balance that's hard to achieve. It rarely happens. This is the Holy Grail of sliders.
Are you playing this set on Pro or All Pro?
Old 09-15-2014, 06:43 PM   #87
Rookie

OVR: 0

Guys how do I set "coach mode" ? i want to give this a shot since I do coach mode in NHL and love it. I'm not to sure where to elect the coach option
Die hard Hockey fan!
Old 09-15-2014, 07:45 PM   #88
Hall of Fame

kchuskey's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyBoy02NY02
Guys how do I set "coach mode" ? i want to give this a shot since I do coach mode in NHL and love it. I'm not to sure where to elect the coach option

Hey Mikey.... You have to go into your main game settings page, and it is at the very bottom. Move it to yes, and then when you play CFM, or play now from then in, it will be coach mode. Keep in mind, as coach, you do still need to control the kicking game.

"I remember a day before sliders existed, when we would play an entire season, before dinner."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »