Penalties Sliders (so far) - Page 2 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Penalties Sliders (so far)

This is a discussion on Penalties Sliders (so far) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 08-31-2014, 01:41 PM   #9
Rookie

NicVirtue's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Penalties Sliders (so far)

That's odd, because I've seen all penalties called besides PI, RTK, Punt Catch Interference and Intentional Grounding. I've seen everything else called multiple times, but the most frequent one is a toss up between facemask, false start and encroachment. It is still beyond me how they have OPI/DPI in these games and they know it does not work.
Old 08-31-2014, 02:10 PM   #10
Pro

Giants2003's Arena

OVR: 5

These sliders work great!!!

I am using default ALL- Pro with these sliders and I am having some very good results

I played Denver last night and has 4 holding penalties and a couple false starts for me and them

Also a couple facemasks. Was a nice balance

Thank You
Old 08-31-2014, 02:37 PM   #11
Rookie

Remember...the Pats have a great kicker...him hitting a 62 yarder is realistic...that guy has a leg on him and is very accurate.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2014, 09:18 PM   #12
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostbugg
For anyone who has read my "where to start with sliders" thread (in signature) you will know that I believe Penalties and non essential sliders should be set first, before gameplay sliders are even touched. This is the progress I have made so far. I don't have nearly as much time as I normally do, so progress has been a bit slow. Since i am not convinced this year that penalties sliders effect gameplay, I have (almost) maxed out any penalty that doesn't get called in hopes that i might see it every once in a while.

Offsides - 99 - I have seen this called 1 time, after brady faked the snap, my DT jumped, and brady snapped it while he was across. Completely random chance though.
False start - 99 - at 99, I have seen this called anywhere from 0 to 4 times a game over 10 games.
Holding - 99 - sadly this year, this penalty just doesn't seem to happen. It's the most commonly called penalty in the NFL, and it is useless in madden right now. even at 99, I have yet to see it called.
Facemask - 55 - at 55 I have seen this called anywhere from 2 to 6 times a game. 6 is too much (IMO), but without holding penalties, we have to make it up somewhere.
DPI - 99 - Still never called.
OPI - 99 - Still never called.
KR/PR I - 99 - Still never called.
Clipping - 99 - Rendered useless in M15. have yet to see it called this year.
IG - 99 - Still never called.
RTP - 52 - This penalty is interesting this year. Normally is all or nothing with this, but it seems it can be worked with this year. so far 52 seems to be good. I have seen it called anywhere from 2 to 5 times a game at this setting.
RTK - 99 - have yet to see it called.

As of right now, with these settings, I am getting anywhere from 4 to 15 penalties a game getting called. It may not be the penalties i want to see, but the penalty stats are there. I am really enjoying the randomness of the penalties so far as well. It's nice that without changing a slider, I can see a couple penalties one game, and a dozen the next game. I really hope they fix the holding penalty though. There is no excuse for not seeing the most frequently called penalty in the NFL in the game.

two things
1. The reason my penalties are at 99 instead of 100 is because I don't like the idea of telling the madden AI to ALWAYS do something. Just like i will never set anything to 0, because i don't want to tell the madden AI to NEVER do something either.

2. If you believe that sliders effect gameplay, you can change the following sliders, and still see reasonable penalties.
- Offsides
- Holding(though I hope this changes)
- DPI
- OPI
- KR/PR I
- Clipping
- IG
- RTK

Other settings I have worked with so far...

Injuries - at 53 I am seeing anywhere from 2 to 6 a game. as if right now, that seems perfect to me.

Fatigue - Normally i set this at 58 and leave it. This year seems to be a bit different. i have it at 60 right now, and I think it may need to move up even more.

Speed threshold - This slider is difficult for me this year. Normally I set this high, which I know is against the normal, but I like to limit huge plays. This might change this year though. I have it at 60 right now, and I am seeing almost no separation. I am thinking that this may be the first year i drop this below 50. Even my speed WR's are struggling to get away from LB's on drag routes. Maybe it's because of the new enhanced DB logic.

Field goal power - I have this set to 48. 50 was ok until the patriots kicker kicked a 62 yard field goal against me. he had a little wind behind him(i think it was 8MPH), but he made it with plenty of room to spare. The wind seems crazy so far!

Field goal Accuracy - I have this set to 25. Seems it is not as sensitive as it has been in the past. even at 30, the CPU was never missing, at any range. only played one game at 25, so this may drop more.

Punt power - dropped this to 48, and I am seeing good averages from cpu and myself.

punt Accuracy - I have this all the way up to 80 right now. at 70 I was still seeing the CPU kick out of bounds at the 25 and 30 yard marks. not tested further though, so it may go up more.

KOP - I have this set to 48. Just like last year, madden has implimented the shorter kickoff spot, but not impliminted that into it's sim stats. in order to match this issue, i simply reduce the power so that I rarely see touchbacks.

That's it so far. Any feedback is welcome of course. I will be fine tuning these over the next couple days.
Clipping at 70 I would see one every single special teams play. I find it crazy that you don't see it all at 99. I dropped it to 60 and only had 1 call, so I need to find that happy medium between 60 and 70.

You nailed the roughing the passer slider. I see it every game, but at a nice rate. 1 to 2 a game.

Face Mask at 55 I have seen it between 2 to 4 times a game. You nailed that one also. I want to get it to about 1 to 2 a game, so ill drop it, but i hear what you're saying about leaving it at 55 since the holding penalty does not exist.

Fatigue go with 75 like CowherPower suggested. It really works very well.

Ok man thanks for your work it helped me out. Take care.
Old 09-01-2014, 02:57 PM   #13
Purple People Eaters!!

SpectreBugg's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicVirtue
That's odd, because I've seen all penalties called besides PI, RTK, Punt Catch Interference and Intentional Grounding. I've seen everything else called multiple times, but the most frequent one is a toss up between facemask, false start and encroachment. It is still beyond me how they have OPI/DPI in these games and they know it does not work.
Well, I haven't had as many games tested as I would like. Through further testing, i may change things a bit. Although, I havent seen holding called even once yet at 99 through 8 games now. It could also very well be that player rating are a lot more relevant now when it comes to penalties than in past games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants2003
These sliders work great!!!

I am using default ALL- Pro with these sliders and I am having some very good results

I played Denver last night and has 4 holding penalties and a couple false starts for me and them

Also a couple facemasks. Was a nice balance

Thank You
Absolutely, Glad you are enjoying them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallen8wr
Remember...the Pats have a great kicker...him hitting a 62 yarder is realistic...that guy has a leg on him and is very accurate.
Yea, I would like to do more testing with this, but time is an issue for me right now. With more testing with kickers with below 90 power, I should be able to narrow it down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
Clipping at 70 I would see one every single special teams play. I find it crazy that you don't see it all at 99. I dropped it to 60 and only had 1 call, so I need to find that happy medium between 60 and 70.

You nailed the roughing the passer slider. I see it every game, but at a nice rate. 1 to 2 a game.

Face Mask at 55 I have seen it between 2 to 4 times a game. You nailed that one also. I want to get it to about 1 to 2 a game, so ill drop it, but i hear what you're saying about leaving it at 55 since the holding penalty does not exist.

Fatigue go with 75 like CowherPower suggested. It really works very well.

Ok man thanks for your work it helped me out. Take care.
No problem. Really surprised with the clipping though. I have had it set at 99 for 8 games now, before that it was at 80, and have yet to see a clipping penalty at all. This is actually a bit worrisome that it could be such a drastic difference. I will do some more testing with this using different teams.

Thanks for the input everyone!
Old 09-01-2014, 06:14 PM   #14
Rookie

I have been using the fake snap and have seen a number of false starts as well as off sides (need to time the snap when you see a D-lineman jump). Testing to see how low to set the FS slider so you don't get a penalty on every play.
Old 09-01-2014, 07:14 PM   #15
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16

holding and clipping penalty sliders need to be patched.

It's disappointing because these 2 sliders last year were very sensitive. I have had maybe 2 holding calls and 0 clipping calls when putting both sliders at 99.

just not enough "offensive" penalties in the game against the user. To get a false start against the user, u'd have to fake snap once in a while to get the penalties.

This needs to be fixed because there needs to be more long down situations. Another reason for the cpu to go downfield and less dink and dunk

Hopefully they fix it
Old 09-01-2014, 08:16 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

I am finding the CPU fg kicker never misses no matter what setting you have it. Just moved it to 0 n still drilling fgs down the middle... I do have fg kick power set to 53.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »