Aaron's Auto Sub Sliders - Page 14 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Aaron's Auto Sub Sliders

This is a discussion on Aaron's Auto Sub Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-11-2014, 04:14 PM   #105
EA UFC GameChanger

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Aaron's Auto Sub Sliders

So I'm done making tweaks to auto subs with this set. The 60 fatigue set still works well but I'm seeing a bit more with my new set.

Fatigue is set at 65

Aaron's Auto Sub Sliders

QB Out - 0
QB In - 1
RB Out - 90
RB In - 91
WR Out - 10
WR In - 11
FB/TE Out - 0
FB/TE In - 1
OL Out - 0
OL In - 1

DT Out - 10
DT In - 11
DE Out - 10
DE In - 11
LB Out - 10
LB In - 11
CB Out - 10
CB In - 11
S Out - 10
S In - 11

As you can see the sliders are a bit different than before. Here is my reasoning.

- QB and OL are at 0 because they rarely if never sub. At 65, you may see an OL come out for one play on drives that have 12 plus plays but that rarely happens and only happens to players who have low fatigue.

- RBs are at 90/91 and I think you will see anywhere from 2-5 more backup RB carries depending on play calling, run success and who you have at 3RB.

For example, L. McCoy plays all three downs so while he's likely to get a bunch of touches so will his backup because McCoy only rests when he's fatigued. The more carries/touches....the more likely to fatigue.

Now if McCoy isnt running the ball successfully and the Eagles are calling a ton of passes (and not passing the ball), you wont see much of the backups.

Finally my suggestion is to only use the auto subs for RB carries for the cPU. The best way to get a balance on a user controlled team is through formation subs.

- The rest are set at 10/11. At this setting, you will see players sub on long drives but not entire starting squads.

I'm happy with this set but the 60 fatigue is good too.
Old 09-11-2014, 04:32 PM   #106
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
So I'm done making tweaks to auto subs with this set. The 60 fatigue set still works well but I'm seeing a bit more with my new set.

Fatigue is set at 65

Aaron's Auto Sub Sliders

QB Out - 0
QB In - 1
RB Out - 90
RB In - 91
WR Out - 10
WR In - 11
FB/TE Out - 0
FB/TE In - 1
OL Out - 0
OL In - 1

DT Out - 10
DT In - 11
DE Out - 10
DE In - 11
LB Out - 10
LB In - 11
CB Out - 10
CB In - 11
S Out - 10
S In - 11

As you can see the sliders are a bit different than before. Here is my reasoning.

- QB and OL are at 0 because they rarely if never sub. At 65, you may see an OL come out for one play on drives that have 12 plus plays but that rarely happens and only happens to players who have low fatigue.

- RBs are at 90/91 and I think you will see anywhere from 2-5 more backup RB carries depending on play calling, run success and who you have at 3RB.

For example, L. McCoy plays all three downs so while he's likely to get a bunch of touches so will his backup because McCoy only rests when he's fatigued. The more carries/touches....the more likely to fatigue.

Now if McCoy isnt running the ball successfully and the Eagles are calling a ton of passes (and not passing the ball), you wont see much of the backups.

Finally my suggestion is to only use the auto subs for RB carries for the cPU. The best way to get a balance on a user controlled team is through formation subs.

- The rest are set at 10/11. At this setting, you will see players sub on long drives but not entire starting squads.

I'm happy with this set but the 60 fatigue is good too.
Will you be adding these to the OP? Thanks!

"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle 'Dixie'?" -The Outlaw, Josie Wales
Old 09-11-2014, 04:45 PM   #107
Pro

OBJ 313's Arena

OVR: 0
Icon14 Re: Aaron's Auto Sub Sliders

I'm glad I wrote down your original set, because those are working wonderfully for me.

Your suggestion of putting the RB auto-sub at 78/90 has been working great for me, and especially the CPU. I usually get around 3 or so carries (before the starter returns) from my backup if I'm really pounding the rock, but the CPU also subs their RBs when you expect that their starter should be gassed.

Just had that happen with the Cowboys, actually. Demarco Murray and Lance Dunbar as a one-two punch. Each of them got about 70+ yards and a TD a piece. So, much appreciated Aaron.

Just wanted to say thanks for the original set, although I respect your updates.
Old 09-11-2014, 06:42 PM   #108
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheQuinn94
I'm glad I wrote down your original set, because those are working wonderfully for me.

Your suggestion of putting the RB auto-sub at 78/90 has been working great for me, and especially the CPU. I usually get around 3 or so carries (before the starter returns) from my backup if I'm really pounding the rock, but the CPU also subs their RBs when you expect that their starter should be gassed.

Just had that happen with the Cowboys, actually. Demarco Murray and Lance Dunbar as a one-two punch. Each of them got about 70+ yards and a TD a piece. So, much appreciated Aaron.

Just wanted to say thanks for the original set, although I respect your updates.
Just curious, are you seeing OL, DL, LB and DB substitutions?
Old 09-11-2014, 07:19 PM   #109
EA UFC GameChanger

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
Yes but only after long drives and only with players that have low fatigue ratings.
Old 09-11-2014, 07:42 PM   #110
Pro

OBJ 313's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
I see all of these. I see OL sub hardly ever. I don't really notice it either, but I see backups in the blocking stats screen with a pancake or sack allowed sometimes by one or two of my backup O-linemen, which is fine with me.. so they do sub out/in appropriately, in my opinion.

DL will sub for a couple plays and then the starter comes back in shortly after. I noticed my backup CB gets some playing time as well, but not too much. LB is seldom as well.

I user-control the RDE Robert Quinn, and after a while of using him throughout the game, his backup will come in for a couple of plays ever so often, while he takes a "breather." Not too often though.

This on Aaron's orignal auto-subs, since you were quoting me..
Old 09-12-2014, 11:00 AM   #111
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheQuinn94
I see all of these. I see OL sub hardly ever. I don't really notice it either, but I see backups in the blocking stats screen with a pancake or sack allowed sometimes by one or two of my backup O-linemen, which is fine with me.. so they do sub out/in appropriately, in my opinion.

DL will sub for a couple plays and then the starter comes back in shortly after. I noticed my backup CB gets some playing time as well, but not too much. LB is seldom as well.

I user-control the RDE Robert Quinn, and after a while of using him throughout the game, his backup will come in for a couple of plays ever so often, while he takes a "breather." Not too often though.

This on Aaron's orignal auto-subs, since you were quoting me..
Did you notice Quinn has higher OVR if used as LE? It used to be LEs were sack men more than REs. Since you are controlling him, I guess it doesn't matter as much if CPU was doing it for you.

Sounds good about the auto subs and I'm going to use it, thanks!
Old 09-12-2014, 06:06 PM   #112
Banned

TheSaints7's Arena

I'll give your new set a go and see what happens. Are you updating the OP with them?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »