Aaron's Auto Sub Sliders - Page 14 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Aaron's Auto Sub Sliders

This is a discussion on Aaron's Auto Sub Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2014, 04:14 PM   #105
EA UFC GameChanger
 
aholbert32's Arena
 
OVR: 44
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 31,584
Blog Entries: 8
Re: Aaron's Auto Sub Sliders

So I'm done making tweaks to auto subs with this set. The 60 fatigue set still works well but I'm seeing a bit more with my new set.

Fatigue is set at 65

Aaron's Auto Sub Sliders

QB Out - 0
QB In - 1
RB Out - 90
RB In - 91
WR Out - 10
WR In - 11
FB/TE Out - 0
FB/TE In - 1
OL Out - 0
OL In - 1

DT Out - 10
DT In - 11
DE Out - 10
DE In - 11
LB Out - 10
LB In - 11
CB Out - 10
CB In - 11
S Out - 10
S In - 11

As you can see the sliders are a bit different than before. Here is my reasoning.

- QB and OL are at 0 because they rarely if never sub. At 65, you may see an OL come out for one play on drives that have 12 plus plays but that rarely happens and only happens to players who have low fatigue.

- RBs are at 90/91 and I think you will see anywhere from 2-5 more backup RB carries depending on play calling, run success and who you have at 3RB.

For example, L. McCoy plays all three downs so while he's likely to get a bunch of touches so will his backup because McCoy only rests when he's fatigued. The more carries/touches....the more likely to fatigue.

Now if McCoy isnt running the ball successfully and the Eagles are calling a ton of passes (and not passing the ball), you wont see much of the backups.

Finally my suggestion is to only use the auto subs for RB carries for the cPU. The best way to get a balance on a user controlled team is through formation subs.

- The rest are set at 10/11. At this setting, you will see players sub on long drives but not entire starting squads.

I'm happy with this set but the 60 fatigue is good too.
aholbert32 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 04:32 PM   #106
"I reckon so."
 
Last Gunfighter's Arena
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 845
Re: Aaron's Auto Sub Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
So I'm done making tweaks to auto subs with this set. The 60 fatigue set still works well but I'm seeing a bit more with my new set.

Fatigue is set at 65

Aaron's Auto Sub Sliders

QB Out - 0
QB In - 1
RB Out - 90
RB In - 91
WR Out - 10
WR In - 11
FB/TE Out - 0
FB/TE In - 1
OL Out - 0
OL In - 1

DT Out - 10
DT In - 11
DE Out - 10
DE In - 11
LB Out - 10
LB In - 11
CB Out - 10
CB In - 11
S Out - 10
S In - 11

As you can see the sliders are a bit different than before. Here is my reasoning.

- QB and OL are at 0 because they rarely if never sub. At 65, you may see an OL come out for one play on drives that have 12 plus plays but that rarely happens and only happens to players who have low fatigue.

- RBs are at 90/91 and I think you will see anywhere from 2-5 more backup RB carries depending on play calling, run success and who you have at 3RB.

For example, L. McCoy plays all three downs so while he's likely to get a bunch of touches so will his backup because McCoy only rests when he's fatigued. The more carries/touches....the more likely to fatigue.

Now if McCoy isnt running the ball successfully and the Eagles are calling a ton of passes (and not passing the ball), you wont see much of the backups.

Finally my suggestion is to only use the auto subs for RB carries for the cPU. The best way to get a balance on a user controlled team is through formation subs.

- The rest are set at 10/11. At this setting, you will see players sub on long drives but not entire starting squads.

I'm happy with this set but the 60 fatigue is good too.
Will you be adding these to the OP? Thanks!
__________________
New Orleans SAINTS |LSU TIGERS |New York RANGERS

"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle 'Dixie'?" -The Outlaw, Josie Wales
Last Gunfighter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 04:45 PM   #107
Pro
 
OBJ 313's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 643
Icon14 Re: Aaron's Auto Sub Sliders

I'm glad I wrote down your original set, because those are working wonderfully for me.

Your suggestion of putting the RB auto-sub at 78/90 has been working great for me, and especially the CPU. I usually get around 3 or so carries (before the starter returns) from my backup if I'm really pounding the rock, but the CPU also subs their RBs when you expect that their starter should be gassed.

Just had that happen with the Cowboys, actually. Demarco Murray and Lance Dunbar as a one-two punch. Each of them got about 70+ yards and a TD a piece. So, much appreciated Aaron.

Just wanted to say thanks for the original set, although I respect your updates.
OBJ 313 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 06:42 PM   #108
MVP
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,719
Re: Aaron's Auto Sub Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheQuinn94
I'm glad I wrote down your original set, because those are working wonderfully for me.

Your suggestion of putting the RB auto-sub at 78/90 has been working great for me, and especially the CPU. I usually get around 3 or so carries (before the starter returns) from my backup if I'm really pounding the rock, but the CPU also subs their RBs when you expect that their starter should be gassed.

Just had that happen with the Cowboys, actually. Demarco Murray and Lance Dunbar as a one-two punch. Each of them got about 70+ yards and a TD a piece. So, much appreciated Aaron.

Just wanted to say thanks for the original set, although I respect your updates.
Just curious, are you seeing OL, DL, LB and DB substitutions?
Cavicchi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 07:19 PM   #109
EA UFC GameChanger
 
aholbert32's Arena
 
OVR: 44
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 31,584
Blog Entries: 8
Re: Aaron's Auto Sub Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
Just curious, are you seeing OL, DL, LB and DB substitutions?
Yes but only after long drives and only with players that have low fatigue ratings.
aholbert32 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 07:42 PM   #110
Pro
 
OBJ 313's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 643
Re: Aaron's Auto Sub Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
Just curious, are you seeing OL, DL, LB and DB substitutions?
I see all of these. I see OL sub hardly ever. I don't really notice it either, but I see backups in the blocking stats screen with a pancake or sack allowed sometimes by one or two of my backup O-linemen, which is fine with me.. so they do sub out/in appropriately, in my opinion.

DL will sub for a couple plays and then the starter comes back in shortly after. I noticed my backup CB gets some playing time as well, but not too much. LB is seldom as well.

I user-control the RDE Robert Quinn, and after a while of using him throughout the game, his backup will come in for a couple of plays ever so often, while he takes a "breather." Not too often though.

This on Aaron's orignal auto-subs, since you were quoting me..
OBJ 313 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 11:00 AM   #111
MVP
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,719
Re: Aaron's Auto Sub Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheQuinn94
I see all of these. I see OL sub hardly ever. I don't really notice it either, but I see backups in the blocking stats screen with a pancake or sack allowed sometimes by one or two of my backup O-linemen, which is fine with me.. so they do sub out/in appropriately, in my opinion.

DL will sub for a couple plays and then the starter comes back in shortly after. I noticed my backup CB gets some playing time as well, but not too much. LB is seldom as well.

I user-control the RDE Robert Quinn, and after a while of using him throughout the game, his backup will come in for a couple of plays ever so often, while he takes a "breather." Not too often though.

This on Aaron's orignal auto-subs, since you were quoting me..
Did you notice Quinn has higher OVR if used as LE? It used to be LEs were sack men more than REs. Since you are controlling him, I guess it doesn't matter as much if CPU was doing it for you.

Sounds good about the auto subs and I'm going to use it, thanks!
Cavicchi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 06:06 PM   #112
Banned
 
TheSaints7's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: May 2014
Re: Aaron's Auto Sub Sliders

I'll give your new set a go and see what happens. Are you updating the OP with them?
TheSaints7 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:06 PM.

Top -