Home

Aaron's Auto Sub Sliders

This is a discussion on Aaron's Auto Sub Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2014, 01:02 PM   #49
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Aaron's Auto Sub Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
FYI, the sliders work in both CFM and play now. I actually tested them more in play now.

Playing one game isnt sufficient amount of play to determine if these work because game situations affect fatigue.

If the starting RB runs for losses or short runs and forces the offense to pass more...you wont see the backup get a ton of carries.

If the starting RB isnt listed as the 3rb....you wont see the backup get a ton of carries. Why? Because the starting RB is getting rest on each 3rd down.

If the teams calls a lot of no RB formations on passing downs......you wont see the backup get a ton of carries. Why? Because the starting RB is getting rest on those passing plays.

One other note is the team's offense playbook controls this alot too. For example, when I play with the Cowboys, Dunbar (the backup) gets around 2-5 carries tops. There reason for this is the Cowboys offense calls a ton of pass plays and unless those passes are going to Murray, he isnt going to sub out because he isnt getting fatigue.

There is no autosub setting that is going to give you realistic auto subs based simply on carries. So dont expect to see a ton of RB subs just because someone has a ton of carries. What matters is the amount of fatigue used on each run/pass catch and the individual players fatigue rating.

This has been my point for years. People need to realize that teams don't sub in the back up RB just because he's tired. It's part of the gameplan to make sure he doesn't get too many carries in a season. It's not like guys started getting out of shape compared to the guys in the 90's. Teams just don't believe in the work horse back philosophy any more.

That's why I don't rely on Auto Subs for my RB's. I use packages to get the back up in. Guys act like doing that is a major ordeal. Lol

Also just subbing a guy in and keep them in that formation. Using the running back by comity gameplan is pretty easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-03-2014, 01:16 PM   #50
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Aaron's Auto Sub Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
This has been my point for years. People need to realize that teams don't sub in the back up RB just because he's tired. It's part of the gameplan to make sure he doesn't get too many carries in a season. It's not like guys started getting out of shape compared to the guys in the 90's. Teams just don't believe in the work horse back philosophy any more.

That's why I don't rely on Auto Subs for my RB's. I use packages to get the back up in. Guys act like doing that is a major ordeal. Lol

Also just subbing a guy in and keep them in that formation. Using the running back by comity gameplan is pretty easy.

You are missing the point. The issue isnt with subbing our own players.....its subbing the cpu's running backs.

Out of game Formation subs have been gone since Madden came to the 360 /PS3 but there used to be a workaround so that you could manage the CPUs formation subs. Fatigue and Substitutions were never an issue with me until Madden 13 because under the old Franchise I could do the following:

- Sub for special teams to ensure starters dont play and get injured on special teams.

- Sub pass rushing DEs in for CPU teams with players like Osi U. who normally dont play on rushing downs.

- Sub for specific DBs in for nickel and dime sets for the CPU.

- Sub for RBs based on formation and sometimes make it so teams like the Colts and the Broncos could go 3 RBs deep like they do in real life.

I could do all those things until EA rolled out this abomination we called CFM and eliminated the work around. Now I cant do 3 of the 4 things I listed anymore but at least with fatigue and auto subs the CPU will give the second RB some carries.
Old 09-03-2014, 01:18 PM   #51
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
My main concern is players getting fatigued and not performing well. With that in mind, I am concerned about the offensive line with 0-3 subbing. There is variance in stamina as with other positions, sometimes even more, and 0-3 seems like it would prevent OL from being subbed when necessary. Now I know in real football, the offensive line generally doesn't get subbed, but this is Madden Football, and I think they should get subbed, maybe 30-35?
Im all about realism and I dont like seeing my LT subbed out because I'm on a long drive. That wouldnt happen in real life and should happen in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2014, 01:27 PM   #52
MVP

iameich's Arena

OVR: 10

Finished the game last night.

My RB Ben Tata had 26 rushing attempts & the backup T.West only had 1.
The CPU starting RB P.Thomas had 11 rushing attempts & the backup M.Ingram had 5.
Old 09-03-2014, 01:32 PM   #53
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Aaron's Auto Sub Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
You are missing the point. The issue isnt with subbing our own players.....its subbing the cpu's running backs.

Out of game Formation subs have been gone since Madden came to the 360 /PS3 but there used to be a workaround so that you could manage the CPUs formation subs. Fatigue and Substitutions were never an issue with me until Madden 13 because under the old Franchise I could do the following:

- Sub for special teams to ensure starters dont play and get injured on special teams.

- Sub pass rushing DEs in for CPU teams with players like Osi U. who normally dont play on rushing downs.

- Sub for specific DBs in for nickel and dime sets for the CPU.

- Sub for RBs based on formation and sometimes make it so teams like the Colts and the Broncos could go 3 RBs deep like they do in real life.

I could do all those things until EA rolled out this abomination we called CFM and eliminated the work around. Now I cant do 3 of the 4 things I listed anymore but at least with fatigue and auto subs the CPU will give the second RB some carries.

I didn't miss the point. I realize the CPU can't sub like we can and that is why I use auto subs. I'm referring to the number of complaints about the user side that I get.

Until they give us a better way if setting up subs and fix the current system all this is just patchwork just like sliders are.

These have been great at helping with this. You've done about as much as can be done.

Last edited by charter04; 09-03-2014 at 01:35 PM.
Old 09-03-2014, 01:46 PM   #54
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
I didn't miss the point. I realize the CPU can't sub like we can and that is why I use auto subs. I'm referring to the number of complaints about the user side that I get.

Until they give us a better way if setting up subs and fix the current system all this is just patchwork just like sliders are.

These have been great at helping with this. You've done about as much as can be done.

Thanks man. I was confused because I read your post as you dont use auto subs.

You are pretty much spot on about the current system. This could all be solved by adding formation subs outside of the game but Looman doesnt seem to think its a priority.
Old 09-03-2014, 03:14 PM   #55
Pro

ThatMichiganFan's Arena

OVR: 0

These look awesome and I can't wait to use them with A&S AP sliders. I only have one question, you said to use on 13 minute quarters. Do these work the same on 15 minute quarters or would that cause players to disappear late in the fourth?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2014, 07:02 PM   #56
Rookie

chino22's Arena

OVR: 4

They're definitely working in Play Now mode. What I was talking about was that (for me) I didn't see subs when playing on 15 min quarters, but I saw them regularly on 13 min quarters. That didn't make sense to me is all I was saying. Maybe I need to play more games on 15 min just to be completely sure...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »