I think speed has an enormous impact on gameplay - Page 2 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

I think speed has an enormous impact on gameplay

This is a discussion on I think speed has an enormous impact on gameplay within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-01-2014, 08:29 AM   #9
All Star

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: I think speed has an enormous impact on gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodyBucs
General observation- star WR seem to be underutilized by cpu. He is content hitting outlet receivers. Could be that I generally play some type of 'cover' shell.

CPU QB AI is an issue on every level and the root of many problems with the CPU offense. It's why they don't target the top receivers, take too many sacks, rarely throw the ball down field, and regularly throw underneath routes on 3rd and long.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:58 AM   #10
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
CPU QB AI is an issue on every level and the root of many problems with the CPU offense. It's why they don't target the top receivers, take too many sacks, rarely throw the ball down field, and regularly throw underneath routes on 3rd and long.
It's because people always want to lower CPU QB Accuracy right out of the gate to get more missed throws. QBA is not just accuracy, but also impacts the kinds of throws they attempt, their pocket awareness, WRs willingness to go up in the air for passes, and even playcalling to a degree). We have seen this with other EA games too; this one isn't much different.

I am playing with CPU QBA at 39 in my slider set (normal speed) and I see better pocket awareness, willingness to go deep, and more varied play calling. With the right pass coverage settings, Completion percentages will stay in-check unless your defense is out-manned. Most slider makers want to automatically drop this to 6 or 8 right away and then wonder why the AI was so crappy....I used to do the same thing.
Old 09-01-2014, 10:29 AM   #11
All Star

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
It's because people always want to lower CPU QB Accuracy right out of the gate to get more missed throws. QBA is not just accuracy, but also impacts the kinds of throws they attempt, their pocket awareness, WRs willingness to go up in the air for passes, and even playcalling to a degree). We have seen this with other EA games too; this one isn't much different.

I am playing with CPU QBA at 39 in my slider set (normal speed) and I see better pocket awareness, willingness to go deep, and more varied play calling. With the right pass coverage settings, Completion percentages will stay in-check unless your defense is out-manned. Most slider makers want to automatically drop this to 6 or 8 right away and then wonder why the AI was so crappy....I used to do the same thing.
I would agree with this for the most part. The QBA Slider has always affected way more than just accuracy. On Madden 25 I had the QBA at 50 on All Madden and for the most part had no problems with the CPU QB. Great variety of throws and realistic completion percentages.

Different ball game this year. The higher the accuracy, the quicker they make decisions. It's a good thing, but unfortunately, they hit the check down way too much. Even on 3rd and more than 7. I've been experimenting with QBA at 10 and Pass Block at 85 on Fast speed and am seeing a few more deep passes, but it's a big problem that needs to be patched.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2014, 10:42 AM   #12
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
I would agree with this for the most part. The QBA Slider has always affected way more than just accuracy. On Madden 25 I had the QBA at 50 on All Madden and for the most part had no problems with the CPU QB. Great variety of throws and realistic completion percentages.

Different ball game this year. The higher the accuracy, the quicker they make decisions. It's a good thing, but unfortunately, they hit the check down way too much. Even on 3rd and more than 7. I've been experimenting with QBA at 10 and Pass Block at 85 on Fast speed and am seeing a few more deep passes, but it's a big problem that needs to be patched.
I absolutely agree with the PBK slider too. It seems that they are more willing to take shots downfield (almost like they are more confident they will have time in the pocket).
Old 09-01-2014, 01:27 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4

After my second game on normal speed it was again more competitive.

I couldn't get to the QB until the fourth quarter when the o-line was wearing down.

Cpu ran for nearly 100 yards.

On slow the cpu offense lacked aggressiveness. On normal that goes away.
Old 09-01-2014, 03:16 PM   #14
MVP

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

i did not have the same results as you guys...

i went ahead and tried normal with my slider set and i sacked aaron rodgers with the vikings 10 times....several because he just held the ball and did nothing with it. there was a few due to blitzs...but i actually sacked the qb more often....i tried adjusting things to compensate but i could not...

the other thing that was a let down was how easy it was to run the ball against the cpu defense.....i put run blocking down to 1 and still ran for over 200 with ap...

rodgers wasnt very inaccurate either. only had 2 errant throws...the rest were picks, hit while throwing... or knock downs.

i knew the user rush game would get a boost....but i just didnt get the decrease in sacks like i was hoping

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, ESO Tamriel, Madden, COD.
Old 09-01-2014, 03:44 PM   #15
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
i did not have the same results as you guys...

i went ahead and tried normal with my slider set and i sacked aaron rodgers with the vikings 10 times....several because he just held the ball and did nothing with it. there was a few due to blitzs...but i actually sacked the qb more often....i tried adjusting things to compensate but i could not...

the other thing that was a let down was how easy it was to run the ball against the cpu defense.....i put run blocking down to 1 and still ran for over 200 with ap...

rodgers wasnt very inaccurate either. only had 2 errant throws...the rest were picks, hit while throwing... or knock downs.

i knew the user rush game would get a boost....but i just didnt get the decrease in sacks like i was hoping
To solve the amount of sacks we are getting on the CPU QB, we need a patch. nothing else will fix it.

you can have a few games with few sacks but at the end of the season you will be leading the league in sacks for sure.

QB sometimes takes too long when they don`t see someone open and instead of throw the ball away or try to run they take the sack.
Old 09-01-2014, 04:18 PM   #16
Rookie

boneyard40's Arena

OVR: 0

Ive notice the tackle slider impacts how the offensive line plays it seem that the lower it is the more the Oline plays like crap the higher it is the Oline plays like hall of famers.I have mine at 75 and gettin 2 to 3 sacks a game.thats just my opinion from what iam seein on normal speed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »