Home

JaymeeAwesome's Realistic Game Stats Sliders (M15 CFM)

This is a discussion on JaymeeAwesome's Realistic Game Stats Sliders (M15 CFM) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2014, 07:10 AM   #153
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: JaymeeAwesome's Realistic Game Stats Sliders (M15 CFM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman87GT
I'm getting a lot of facemask penalties in my games, and I'm seeing quite a few animations where a facemask clearly occurs that goes uncalled (players even get up asking for one, and this doesn't happen once a game it happens multiple times).

Don't know how you would go about toning down facemasks or the animations of facemasks, but that is the only issue I have noticed so far.

This is was experienced with the new patch.

Face mask penalties are intended. The calling of these are to replace the non calls of holding and pass interference. I'm looking for gameplay/stat differences with the patch.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 10-08-2014, 11:50 AM   #154
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaymeeAwesome
Face mask penalties are intended. The calling of these are to replace the non calls of holding and pass interference. I'm looking for gameplay/stat differences with the patch.
I've been using a variation of your sliders on all-madden (Just a point lower CPU accuracy and 2 points lower CPU catch) and I've noticed both QB completion % have been pretty high. Granted it could be because I am on all-madden, but the day before patch I at least saw a few games where the QB would be under 70%. Since the patch I'm pretty sure I havent had a game where a QB has thrown under 70%. I heard one of the patches was to help with QB accuracy so it might be because of that, or just cuz I'm on all-madden.
Old 10-08-2014, 08:41 PM   #155
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaymeeAwesome
I assume you mean defensive holding (I only ask because that is a 5 yard penalty with an automatic first down, which is bad, but not nearly as bad as 15 yards)? I'm seeing a huge number of facemasks and very rarely a offensive holding (I like the idea of combating the fact that PI pretty much never gets called (thanks to the less than ideal WR/DB interactions, I assume), with Facemasks and when I measure it out the yardage may meet up, but offense isn't getting called for anything).

As for stats. I'm playing as the Jags in my offline franchise (started after the latest patch), And Bortles currently has 355 Yards and 5 TDs early in the 4th (he is 37/51). I'm using the quick call play selection, and being smart with the ball (when I'm not I throw picks or come dangerously close to, or I lead my receiver into a hit that causes an incompletion and 3 times this game an injury (minor ones so far, probably won't be the case if I keep doing that).

Now it could be that I'm not playing strictly sim style. I'm not calling passes in absurd situations, but I'm not trying to stay completely balanced, and part of this is because my line is bad, and overwhelmingly better protecting in passing situations. My RBs are not going to be my starters next year so I'm focusing on the goals related to passing (my starting line gets an XP boost if I hit 4500 yards through the air) because the best that can come of hitting the season goals for them is that my back-up RB will be slightly better than they are now (and my starters are solid back-ups so its not necessary to try and turn them into starters).

I wonder how much of it has to do with the fact that I am simming the Defense (unless I read your instructions wrong we are told to do this right?).

Don't get me wrong these sliders are fun, and they do produce consistently more realistic stats (as opposed to fluctuating stats with the base sets), but some things still seem a little off (i.e. I'm about to go 2-1 with the Jags throwing for over 300 yards in each game).

The Field Goals seem perfect, though I have to get near perfect to hit from beyond 50 (I hit a 59 yarder with a perfect hit and the help of some wind), and while I feel that Scobee probably has the leg to regularly kick the ball 54+ yards, I believe in real life his accuracy wouldn't always be on point (which is why I like that you are nerfing the distance, because accuracy isn't really an issue in Madden outside of simming, especially now that we have moved on from that awful arrow system).
NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins
RIP Atlanta Thrashers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2014, 08:59 PM   #156
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

Only threw 3 more passes so it was actually close to the average attempts you have been seeing so far.

I won 47-27
My Stats
Total yards: 464
336 Passing (366-yards lost on sacks)
36 Attempts for 128 Yards
90 total plays

CPU stats were pretty much on-point with the ones you have on the first page, but I had 128 rushing yards and they had 76 (as opposed to them having 120+ and the user having ~99).

Again these are fun sliders, and I could very well be an outlier, but if the goal is realistic stats they seem to need a little bit more tweaking.
RIP Atlanta Thrashers
Old 10-08-2014, 09:38 PM   #157
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

Don't Supersim defense. Let the defense just play out.

Old 10-08-2014, 11:56 PM   #158
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman87GT
I assume you mean defensive holding (I only ask because that is a 5 yard penalty with an automatic first down, which is bad, but not nearly as bad as 15 yards)? I'm seeing a huge number of facemasks and very rarely a offensive holding (I like the idea of combating the fact that PI pretty much never gets called (thanks to the less than ideal WR/DB interactions, I assume), with Facemasks and when I measure it out the yardage may meet up, but offense isn't getting called for anything).
Anecdotally, it seems this year the refs are really going after the defense . . . noticing more DPI, Defensive Holding, and RtP in real life in the games I've watched (mostly Cowboys, Texans, Bears, and Broncos) than I am Offensive blocking penalties.
Old 10-09-2014, 04:43 AM   #159
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan
Anecdotally, it seems this year the refs are really going after the defense . . . noticing more DPI, Defensive Holding, and RtP in real life in the games I've watched (mostly Cowboys, Texans, Bears, and Broncos) than I am Offensive blocking penalties.
I think you are noticing those holds more because of the increased emphasis on them (they've been illegal for years, but the emphasis has been upped), but also because a defensive hold is more backbreaking than offensive holding since it carries an automatic first down with it. 1st and 10 turns into 1st and 20, or depending on where the hold occurred 1st and 11+, whereas on 3rd and 40 if the defense commits a hold on a 10 yard out route that's an automatic first down, You're used to seeing offensive holds, not so much 5 yards equaling a first down no matter what the down and distance was before hand.
RIP Atlanta Thrashers
Old 10-12-2014, 11:50 AM   #160
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

The amount of penalty yards are similar to last year. To get that amount this year, I would have to increase face mask.

On a side note, version 2.0 is almost ready. This patch didn't affect sliders that much.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »