Home

User Pass Coverage Slider doesn't work

This is a discussion on User Pass Coverage Slider doesn't work within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2014, 06:28 PM   #1
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
User Pass Coverage Slider doesn't work

As I've been playing I've been having a lot fun but my biggest gripe so far has been the user coverage. No matter what I would call or do to the settings I was still getting torched. Played on All-Madden on 100 for pass coverage and All-Pro with it at 100 and was still getting way too many scenarios where my guys were pretty much useless in coverage. It seemed like the only way I'd get stops is because of their QB's throwing inaccurate passes to open receivers or completing passes short of the first down, very rarely because my defense actually made a play that wasn't a sack.

I went into practice and ran some tests and have pretty much confirmed that the slider is either not working at all, or working so minimally that the difference is negligible. I had the CPU run the same route in man coverage against Sean Smith who has 85 or 87 for man coverage and on there was no difference between 0 and 100. The part that confirmed it even further was when I pushed it down to Rookie with 100 pass coverage and the coverage was identical, the only difference being CPU QB would miss the pass sometimes. I switched sides and ran the same play against the CPU on 0 and their coverage looked just like mine did but when I turned it up to 100 the CPU was jumping the route and the coverage was much, much tighter. Even on Rookie the CPU coverage was really tight but there were more times where it'd breakdown.

I sent a video to Clint Oldenburg showing these issues so hopefully this can get fixed soon. I'm going to keep testing with some other routes and with zones but that's a bit more tedious than my initial test. Regardless of if the slider is actually working or not, if it is, it's not working nearly enough as it should and isn't working enough to be noticeable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2014, 06:44 PM   #2
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: User Pass Coverage Slider doesn't work

An updates on the pass coverage being fixed
Old 09-01-2014, 08:12 PM   #3
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

pass coverage is zone coverage....interceptions is man coverage.....take that into account

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 09-01-2014, 08:46 PM   #4
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
pass coverage is zone coverage....interceptions is man coverage.....take that into account
that's interesting....

i raised both user/cpu pass coverage to 75, and have stuck with 40 interceptions and I do notice better defense and more of the cpu going downfield with medium and long passés.

I tried to lower the interceptions to 20 and the cpu was back to dink and dunking.

currently i have QB accuracy 5 , pass coverage 75, and int 40

last game I held cam newton to under 200 yards passing and 13/30 completion, and some shots down the field.

next game i will try both int and pass coverage to 65 and see how it is....

what's pass reaction slider do then you think??
Old 09-01-2014, 08:50 PM   #5
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

thats why they go deep....u dont go deep against zone...and if they can beat man they will take a shot

pass reaction seems to be pass rush and reaction to pass or run

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2014, 10:20 PM   #6
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
Is this fact or theory at this point? First time hearing this and now I want to test it

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 09-01-2014, 10:28 PM   #7
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8

Its still a bit theory and the reason why is that most of these sliders are affecting other aspects of the game.

There are a few that I have independently tested like CPU fumble. When raised it will cause the CPU RB to play more aggressive.

Defensive pass interference effects DB/WR separation. The higher the rating the greater the separation.

There have been mixed results with the Intentional Grounding slider but my tests have shown the CPU QB will release quicker and make faster choices with that slider set to 0.

Basically the sliders are all intertwined and jacked. Leaving a lot of us chasing placebo effects and trying to find what works and what doesn't...and why.

Its that bad, and like last year I don't expect EA to acknowledge the problem. Over the last 3 years it has just gotten worse and worse.

I can't even begin to imagine how good this game could be if the sliders worked and did exactly what they are supposed to do.

The Golf Club Published Courses
The OsoV2
Big Leaf of South Texas
Mt. Turner - Island Links
Old 09-01-2014, 10:31 PM   #8
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8

If someone has the time it would be nice if someone compiled a list of these "theories" or findings and post it in the main forum. In my opinion this is the biggest issue within the game and it would be nice if there was some exposure to go along with it.

There is something clearly wrong with these sliders. Either by design or by bad code.

It just rips away at how could this game really could be.

The Golf Club Published Courses
The OsoV2
Big Leaf of South Texas
Mt. Turner - Island Links

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »