User Pass Coverage Slider doesn't work - Page 2 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

User Pass Coverage Slider doesn't work

This is a discussion on User Pass Coverage Slider doesn't work within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-01-2014, 10:33 PM   #9
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: User Pass Coverage Slider doesn't work

Good post rumble, I agree that the sliders are a Frankenstein of coding that I think even EA doesn't know how to fix

PS4 Pro Media
Imgur - Twitch - YouTube

OS Blog
Old 09-01-2014, 10:38 PM   #10
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
There are a few that I have independently tested like CPU fumble. When raised it will cause the CPU RB to play more aggressive.
Say what ????
Old 09-01-2014, 10:47 PM   #11
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Say what ????
LOL that's what I said. Then I jacked CPU fumble up to 75 and the CPU RB was spinning, juking and fighting for yards.

It also created more...not less fumbles. I suppose from being more aggressive.

Right now I have CPU fumble at 61 and CPU run block at 59. I can't speak for everyone but its given me a nice balance of aggressive CPU running with some of the better backs putting up good numbers against me.

This will become more prevalent if you see a balance in play calling. Its a lot harder to find that kind of running balance if the CPU is going to pass 48 times and run 12 times. I've found that CPU QB accuracy has an affect on CPU play calling. Over the course of a 10 game test with the CPU QB accuracy set to 0 the CPU ran the ball way more than passing. With the CPU QB accuracy set at 100 they passed way more than running...makes sense in a way but as far as sliders are concerned it shouldn't really have this effect.

The Golf Club Published Courses
The OsoV2
Big Leaf of South Texas
Mt. Turner - Island Links
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2014, 03:52 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

I can confirm this. I played the on all pro out the box and saw incomplete passes. All madden was even better because of the challenge that the cpu provides. It wasn't until I started messing w sliders that I started seeing this robo qb stuff. The problem was I had qb acc on 5 like everyone was suggesting. This causes the cpu to look for short quick passes which is y we see so many dumpoffs. Which is y we see so many 90% completion games. So I bumped qb acc back up to 45 for the cpu and increased int for user and cpu back to 50. My man coverage was much better than when I had it set at 25 and the cpu was looking to go downfield which lowered there percentage some. I also changed user and cpu wr catch to 35. I haven't noticed a crazy amount of picks w the int sliders at 50 nor any crazy amount of drops either. Just try it and let us know what u see
Old 09-02-2014, 04:14 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
pass coverage is zone coverage....interceptions is man coverage.....take that into account

This is the first time I have heard any thing like that. If that is true what do you think is a good setting for both pass coverage and interceptions? I have trouble with the game on default on pro has I cant complete many passes.
Old 09-02-2014, 03:36 PM   #14
Just started!

OVR: 0

No the problem is we're taking the Sliders at face definition...

What I've found is the programmers just slapped a name on these sliders. For instance Roughing the Kicker doesn't mean that...it's a slider for "aggressiveness" overall. It's why when you set it higher you see more gang tackles and late hits.

Can't take the sliders literally. For instance I believe Punt Interference is like how much space a defender will give anyone attempting to catch the ball.

I also think we're out thinking ourselves, like when we say higher intentional grounding makes the QB hold the ball because the AI doesn't want the call. Giving the AI too much credit.

I've found IG on a higher setting, does as it should and the QB is in a rush.
Old 09-02-2014, 04:26 PM   #15
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by timiville
No the problem is we're taking the Sliders at face definition...

What I've found is the programmers just slapped a name on these sliders. For instance Roughing the Kicker doesn't mean that...it's a slider for "aggressiveness" overall. It's why when you set it higher you see more gang tackles and late hits.

Can't take the sliders literally. For instance I believe Punt Interference is like how much space a defender will give anyone attempting to catch the ball.

I also think we're out thinking ourselves, like when we say higher intentional grounding makes the QB hold the ball because the AI doesn't want the call. Giving the AI too much credit.

I've found IG on a higher setting, does as it should and the QB is in a rush
Well there are issues no doubt. I can't speak for everyone but I've found that Intentional Grounding set at 0 caused the CPU QB to make quicker choices...basically the opposite of what you're finding.

I tested this over a 10 game span CPU vs. CPU and another 10 game span with me playing the CPU...the quicker I could get the to QB the quicker the QB made a decision.

This is why we end up chasing placebo effects and running circles around these sliders. They're so messed up no one can figure it out.

For all I/we know its some other combination of things but when I test sliders at 0/100 I do it with everything else set to 50

The Golf Club Published Courses
The OsoV2
Big Leaf of South Texas
Mt. Turner - Island Links
Old 09-02-2014, 04:42 PM   #16
Just started!

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCard
Well there are issues no doubt. I can't speak for everyone but I've found that Intentional Grounding set at 0 caused the CPU QB to make quicker choices...basically the opposite of what you're finding.

I tested this over a 10 game span CPU vs. CPU and another 10 game span with me playing the CPU...the quicker I could get the to QB the quicker the QB made a decision.

This is why we end up chasing placebo effects and running circles around these sliders. They're so messed up no one can figure it out.

For all I/we know its some other combination of things but when I test sliders at 0/100 I do it with everything else set to 50
I thought that was the case also, but there are other aspects which weigh into that.

I also only play on cpu vs cpu. It allows me to get a PURE set, minus human corruption.

I'll have to look up my settings from last night when I achieved just about the best game we can on Madden until the unnecessarily high pass catching is fixed. The accuracy isn't the problem as much as the receivers and backs catch just about EVERYTHING.

Begin thinking of the sliders with different labels when possible.

Another thing, I noticed that quarterbacks have plenty of incompletions when you apply the proper pressure. Aaron Rodgers started out 1-8 last night in my game. The Chiefs pass rush had him on the run from the jump.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »