Home

Player ratings vs Sliders

This is a discussion on Player ratings vs Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2014, 10:59 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 21
Player ratings vs Sliders

Long time video sports player here (I am 58). It's been my experience when playing generations of both baseball and football games that sliders are an ever moving target. You will see new/revised slider sets being tested and posted here in the forums for the next 6 months at a minimum, and maybe even up to the next release.

Now don't get me wrong. I think the guys who do the slider mods are doing awesome work! I commend each and every one of you for taking the time to experiment and try to find a way to make the game more sim like and realistic. Why the folks at EA can't do this, I am not sure...I think because they have to satisfy a variety of player types - sim, arcade, beginner, experienced, etc.

I have found that updating/changing player ratings often leads to better results than slider mods. I know that the QBs now are getting edited to enhance their ability to throw away the ball to avoid excessive sack totals. This is a step in the right direction. I think changing traits and ratings is the one way to get to where we all seem we want to get this game to go. You could really see the difference between the elite players and the average ones simply by changing some critical ratings and traits. And I mean for all players, not just QBs.

The problem with this approach is no one wants to do this for incoming draftees each year. I understand that and agree it would be a ton of work. I just think that we are chasing our tails a bit with all the different slider sets and offerings.

I wish there was an offline editor for this game so you could make global edit changes without having to edit each and every player. Until that happens I guess we are pretty much stuck with trying to fit a round block into a square hole with this game. The only other hope is that EA patches the glaring gameplay issues soon...and I think they just might with the QB sack issue since that is so prevalent and obvious.

What's your opinion? Do you envision slider sets being able to overcome the specific gameplay flaws that folks are finding after a few days with the game?

C
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »