Penalty Explanation Theory - Page 2 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Penalty Explanation Theory

This is a discussion on Penalty Explanation Theory within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-06-2014, 09:25 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Penalty Explanation Theory

For what it's worth i've tried a lot of sliders on here and i think there's some merit in these. Facemask needs to come way down (to like 53/55 - still gets called) but I've actually had holding calls etc.

Gameplay-wise seems varied, although I think running for CPU might need to be tweaked down just a notch
Old 09-07-2014, 04:35 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 1

65 seems to be a solid number for facemask. Thru 4 games I have 20 penalties for 255 yds. The CPU has 31 for 273. My yards per penalty are a little high so I'm going to combat that by going offsides on any extra point attempt. It's a 1 yd penalty with no impact on the outcome. It's kind of lame but you have to work with what you got to get realistic stats. I've given up 14 td's on the season (I'm playing with the Raiders) so if I had done that I would have 34 penalties for 269 yds.

I'm 0-4 so far and have lost 17-31, 20-23, 9-25, and 32-42. I've thrown way too many picks, 11 in 4 games.

I'm still working on OPI/DPI. With DPI at 95 the passing game is a little too much dink and dunk. At 5, there is way too much separation. And the CPU is taking a lot of sacks, 21 in 4 games although at least 6-7 of those were on screen passes. I'm going to try OPI/DPI at default and see what kind of results I get (I'll post box scores when I get my next game in).
Old 09-07-2014, 04:37 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Woopie
For what it's worth i've tried a lot of sliders on here and i think there's some merit in these. Facemask needs to come way down (to like 53/55 - still gets called) but I've actually had holding calls etc.

Gameplay-wise seems varied, although I think running for CPU might need to be tweaked down just a notch

I've had good games on run d and also some really bad ones. Thru 4 games the CPU is averaging 4.4 ypc. I'm good with that number but if you need to tweak feel free.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2014, 10:42 AM   #12
MVP

forme95's Arena

I wont be able to jump on Madden to test this today, but I thought of it and wanted to share. I think holding penalty (in general) might be a combination of Holding false start and offsides. In M25 I wasnt seeing any or very little, but I ran across a penalty adjustment and I started seeing 3 or 6 a game. In 25 I had Offsides @ 76, False Start @ 72, and Holding @ 64. Look at these numbers, Offsides is highest, so that indicates the dline gets a good jump off the snap. Whereas False start is a lower value so the oline doesnt react as quick which causes the oline to try to adjust the block which (in theory) triggers holding. Just a thought.
Old 09-11-2014, 06:59 PM   #13
Rookie

Not sure why this thread isn't getting more love. These along with a higher-than-most-people have qba (20 on all madden) have made the biggest difference to the gameplay for me

Think the theory seems solid for the most part, although i think both dbs and wrs play tougher on lower OPI and DPI

As i said on another thread, i had megatron jump high to challenge a db, rip the ball down in single coverage, stay on his feet as db fell down and jog in for a 50 yard td (with OPI and DPI on 20)
Old 09-11-2014, 07:11 PM   #14
MVP

SwaggerCoach's Arena

OVR: 10

Any of you guys have success lowering your sacks per game against the CPU using these? I've been tweaking penalties all day lol. Increasing holding has definitely helped.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 09-11-2014, 08:20 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwaggerCoach
Any of you guys have success lowering your sacks per game against the CPU using these? I've been tweaking penalties all day lol. Increasing holding has definitely helped.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I've lowered KR Interference to 1 and still don't notcice any better returns.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:32 AM   #16
Banned

I'm surprised that this thread isn't getting more attention. Every year, penalties prove to be a complicated mess. I've seen quite a few posters say that penalties don't effect gameplay this year, but I'm not sure I'm convinced. I'd be interested in further testing these concepts so that we can finally get Madden 15 to play the way we'd all like.
If penalties do effect gameplay, we should be able to help fix a few of the issues such as sacks, coverage, running lanes, and pursuit. I've done some minor tinkering, and have reason to believe that at least holding, OPI, DPI, and roughing the kicker have some sort of effect on the game. I'd love to really figure this out once and for all. Us sliders users need to understand what each slider does in order to make adjustments that we see fit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »