Home

Penalty Explanation Theory

This is a discussion on Penalty Explanation Theory within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2014, 12:08 PM   #17
Rookie

greed8819's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Penalty Explanation Theory

Can someone confirm Roughing The Passer at 100 make pursuit faster..... I would of thought just the opposite, like slowing it down so there is no penalty committed?
Old 10-01-2014, 01:11 PM   #18
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwaggerCoach
Any of you guys have success lowering your sacks per game against the CPU using these? I've been tweaking penalties all day lol. Increasing holding has definitely helped.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'm curious about this as well...

Seems that lowering Offsides, while raising False Start and Holding may influence the sack issue...
Old 10-01-2014, 05:01 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
I'm curious about this as well...

Seems that lowering Offsides, while raising False Start and Holding may influence the sack issue...
I've tinkered quite a bit with Holding in the past 2 weeks, and feel that it has a large effect on the run game as well. I'm most interested in intentional grounding and roughing the passer. These are two penalties that should ONLY influence that passing game. Most slider sets involve a drastic change to intentional grounding, but I haven't seen much testing on it. How does it react at 45? 0? 55? 100? How does it effect QB decision making? A few sliders are starting to incorporate roughing the passer changes as well, but have really only heard theory's on it's impact. If these two sliders have an impact, and can be mastered, they should be the first sliders implemented when creating/experimenting. I'm also curious as to what the effect thresh. has on pass rush.
Old 10-01-2014, 05:07 PM   #20
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshake8
I've tinkered quite a bit with Holding in the past 2 weeks, and feel that it has a large effect on the run game as well. I'm most interested in intentional grounding and roughing the passer. These are two penalties that should ONLY influence that passing game. Most slider sets involve a drastic change to intentional grounding, but I haven't seen much testing on it. How does it react at 45? 0? 55? 100? How does it effect QB decision making? A few sliders are starting to incorporate roughing the passer changes as well, but have really only heard theory's on it's impact. If these two sliders have an impact, and can be mastered, they should be the first sliders implemented when creating/experimenting. I'm also curious as to what the effect thresh. has on pass rush.

In the past (and with NCAA) my experience has been that higher IG settings have lead to better decision making by the QB...

Lower makes them "stick with the play" often to their overall detrimient...

80 has been the "sweet spot" for that (for me) for a while now...

RTP does influence the "abandon" that the DL takes en route to the QB, so lowering below default may slow the rush / lower sacks...

Interesting thought...

Maybe start with 40 there?
Old 10-01-2014, 05:32 PM   #21
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
In the past (and with NCAA) my experience has been that higher IG settings have lead to better decision making by the QB...

Lower makes them "stick with the play" often to their overall detrimient...

80 has been the "sweet spot" for that (for me) for a while now...

RTP does influence the "abandon" that the DL takes en route to the QB, so lowering below default may slow the rush / lower sacks...

Interesting thought...

Maybe start with 40 there?
Just played a game on default All-Pro with IG turned up to 90 against Flacco and the Ravens (who usually takes a ton of sacks in my experiences) and had 4 sacks by the end of the game. They were all well spread throughout the course of the game, with none of them coming in bunches as I'm so used to seeing. If this is the high end of the scale, that would be nice. Going to experiment with it a lot more tonight.

If anyone else wants to experiment, feel free. I started a brand new CFM with the Bengals. My thinking here was:
- Good at everything, not great at any one thing
- Changing the sliders from week to week causes some sort of carry over.
- Confidence levels should be even across the board
I have the game running on All-Pro so that the CPU presents a challenge without a players physical ability being too hampered by All Madden. I also have the game running on normal speed because it creates a realistic challenge when it comes to finding an open running lane/reciever, and also seems to produce less sacks than slow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2014, 05:41 PM   #22
Banned

Also in regards to RTP at 40, I'm worried that will make the defenders less cautious, and cause even more "abandon", as you put it. I want to do some testing tonight going in each direction with these two sliders.
Old 10-01-2014, 07:18 PM   #23
Pro

GrayDawg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by greed8819
Can someone confirm Roughing The Passer at 100 make pursuit faster..... I would of thought just the opposite, like slowing it down so there is no penalty committed?

I have messed around with it and noticed a decrease in pass rush although it is not as effective as I would have liked. I started at 25 and now I am deciding between 1 and 10. The big thing was that it seemed to balance sacks a little better beween both teams. I see games with 3-6 sacks per team which beats 10 sacks vs 2 for the CPU which is about what I was averaging before the change.
Old 10-01-2014, 07:34 PM   #24
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshake8
Also in regards to RTP at 40, I'm worried that will make the defenders less cautious, and cause even more "abandon", as you put it. I want to do some testing tonight going in each direction with these two sliders.
I think that the higher the slider is, the more likely it will trigger the animations that create the penalty (or the "feel" of the penalty, with regard to Madden)...

Higher will make the DL "ignore" the possibility of roughing the passer and they will go all out...

Low and they SHOULD be less aggressive...

I think that to minimize sacks:

Offsides : Below Default
False Start: Above
Holding: Above
IG: Above
RTP: Below

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »