Home

Old 10-01-2014, 07:35 PM   #25
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Penalty Explanation Theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayDawg
I have messed around with it and noticed a decrease in pass rush although it is not as effective as I would have liked. I started at 25 and now I am deciding between 1 and 10. The big thing was that it seemed to balance sacks a little better beween both teams. I see games with 3-6 sacks per team which beats 10 sacks vs 2 for the CPU which is about what I was averaging before the change.

So u see less sacks with lower Roughing the passer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2014, 07:38 PM   #26
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshake8
I'm also curious as to what the effect thresh. has on pass rush.
Thresh below default gives the "speed rushers" an advantage over the OL, which leads to sacks and blown up screens...

I'd trade the accuracy of the relative 40 times (which occur below default) for better overall gameplay...

I'd go so far as to suggest that a setting slightly above default (60) could "close the gap" between the OL and DL...
Old 10-01-2014, 08:31 PM   #27
Pro

GrayDawg's Arena

I have tested for 6 games with similar results using armor's sliders as a base. Its not perfect but it works well enough until we get a patch. Sliders just won't fix it unfortunately.
Old 10-01-2014, 09:21 PM   #28
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
Thresh below default gives the "speed rushers" an advantage over the OL, which leads to sacks and blown up screens...

I'd trade the accuracy of the relative 40 times (which occur below default) for better overall gameplay...

I'd go so far as to suggest that a setting slightly above default (60) could "close the gap" between the OL and DL...
Not saying you are wrong, but I do notice just about every slider set has threshold between 0 and 40 . . . one or two even claim that lower threshold leads to fewer sacks . . .
Old 10-01-2014, 09:29 PM   #29
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan
Not saying you are wrong, but I do notice just about every slider set has threshold between 0 and 40 . . . one or two even claim that lower threshold leads to fewer sacks . . .
That's true...many do use low thresh, but I respectfully disagree...

The programmers make and test the game to be played (versus CPU) at AP Default...

Moving too far away from that confuses the engine...

I used 40 in M25 and Default for NCAA 14, but the M15 sack issue is based on a number of "moving parts", one of which is the relative speed of the pass rusher in relationship to the blockers...

Lowering thresh will only exacerbate that differential...

IMHO, of course!

Lastly, I've yet to find ANY set that has truly circumvented this issue...have you?

Last edited by KingV2k3; 10-01-2014 at 09:31 PM.
Old 10-01-2014, 10:12 PM   #30
MVP

forme95's Arena

Using my coach mode set, and only changing IG to 80 and RTP to 5. I had 6 total sacks. 3 on me and 3 for me. I did notice that the CPU called a more balanced game. The big thing I noticed, was the qb get rid of the ball quicker, moved around in the pocket, and actually threw the ball away. So far I like those 2 adjustments. I will/want to play a few more games with it, just to see if it stays close to consistent. The passing game did suffer a little though. I noticed that my qb acc was a little more rl, but down side was less yards. Maybe even a little to much. But again, after a few more game tests. Great discovery so far. Im anxious to see if it will hold up.

F1 23 My Team S2
GT7 Dabble

Just have fun and play :)
Old 10-02-2014, 06:31 PM   #31
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme95
Using my coach mode set, and only changing IG to 80 and RTP to 5. I had 6 total sacks. 3 on me and 3 for me. I did notice that the CPU called a more balanced game. The big thing I noticed, was the qb get rid of the ball quicker, moved around in the pocket, and actually threw the ball away. So far I like those 2 adjustments.
Who was the opposing QB?

It seems a some (a few) of the default QBs have the attributes that allows them to play the position more or less correctly on most slider settings. You might have just run into one of those.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2014, 07:28 PM   #32
MVP

forme95's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan
Who was the opposing QB?

It seems a some (a few) of the default QBs have the attributes that allows them to play the position more or less correctly on most slider settings. You might have just run into one of those.
The game was against the Lions and it was a preseason game. I saw all 3 qbs. Stafford, Orvolosky, and Moore. All 3 even had good comp % bc of it. If I tried to cover underneath, they would try deeper passes. They really didn't dink and dunk either. Pass avg was over 7 yards and more.

Sent from my LG-VS410PP using Tapatalk 2

F1 23 My Team S2
GT7 Dabble

Just have fun and play :)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »