Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks) - Page 10 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

This is a discussion on Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-07-2014, 09:44 PM   #73
Pro

OBJ 313's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
Quinn I started with your base set in pre-season and liked how it felt. I have been tweaking things for more challenge as I've gone. Now in week three of regular season.

Everything is perfect for me except user rushing. Since the tuner I haven't been able to get the CPU to stop me.

I have user run block at zero now and still going for 150 on the ground

Any suggestions?
Well, first of all, which RB are you using (is it any RB for you)? That would help, as some RBs should be able to run for 150 yards, but of course not game to game.. then that would be, or is a problem that needs to be addressed with the sliders, if they actually can be.

One thing I noticed, if you play on slow speed, the running game is just easier overall. It's easier to set up your blocks and get out wide at that pace. Now, I've also seen that contradicted with comments from people saying they can't even get back to the line with their RB on slow, but I've watch enough streams (pre-tuner and post tuner updates) using Armor's base sliders, and I've seen an easy running game for some of the non-elite RBs going off-tackle or wide in general. Easier running going up the middle as well as finding, then seeing and attacking the holes that open up, before they close, all take pace at a slower speed on slow, rather than normal.

Besides that suggestion, how often are you running for 150 yards or more? Is it commonplace? What about against a stout defense? And again, like I previously asked, it also depends greatly on who the RB is.

As for adjusting sliders, I can't think of anything besides adjust the run block slider for the user. This year isn't like M25 where sliders affected other sliders and the penalty sliders also affected the O-line blocking as such. At least after all the testing thus far, it seems like that is the case this year.

I have read from others though (main board, ugh!) that the running game seems easier after the tuner updates, so maybe even if you are gashing the CPU with user run blocking at 0, means it can't be remedied if they did do something to make running the ball easier.

I mean, I use Zac Stacy of the Rams, and he's not that fast, but can truck well. I don't really gash the defenses with him, and my YPC aren't out of the norm for a RB like him. In that Vikings game I called a fair game and called running plays which I felt were on the proper downs and distances, and got around 136 yards rushing against a D that isn't that superb (I don't remember his YPC, they weren't too high).

EDIT: The only other slider I can think of that could do something for you, is if you are breaking too many tackles for extra yardage, up the CPU tackling slider some.

Last edited by OBJ 313; 09-07-2014 at 11:00 PM.
Old 09-07-2014, 11:13 PM   #74
Rookie

chino22's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheQuinn94
Also, I will try to get a couple games in tonight, sometime later, after Monday Night Football is over, especially. So, I'll probably post up box scores of those games tomorrow. I will also begin my testing on the penalty sliders.
Whoa, is it Monday Night Football already? I know I took a nap, but dang...

Old 09-07-2014, 11:18 PM   #75
Pro

OBJ 313's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino22
Whoa, is it Monday Night Football already? I know I took a nap, but dang...

LOL chino, that Saints lost has my brain in a fog this evening. SNF! :P
Old 09-07-2014, 11:23 PM   #76
Rookie

chino22's Arena

I was soooo freaking pumped, man. Was NOT expecting to win that at all. Helluva game though for sure. You guys will get us in NOLA I'd be willing to bet...
Old 09-07-2014, 11:29 PM   #77
Pro

OBJ 313's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino22
I was soooo freaking pumped, man. Was NOT expecting to win that at all. Helluva game though for sure. You guys will get us in NOLA I'd be willing to bet...
Yeah, it was a hard-fought game as I expected. I never a expect a blowout versus the Falcons, and I didn't today. I thought the D-line would have at least showed up. Ya'll absolutely exposed our weakness in the secondary, and Ryan was on fire.

In the long run, I think this will light a fire under them, but it still hurts. Friendly congratz though, despite being arch-rivals.
Old 09-07-2014, 11:32 PM   #78
MVP

OVR: 3

@ForTheQuinn94 -

Got a question for you brother (and I asked this on A&S's slider thread as well) b/c I want to give your slider set a test run as well.

When you start your CFM, there is an option to either - - >

"Use default Connected Franchise roster" (or) "Import Custom Roster"

Which do you use choose? I want to make sure I'm using the latest EA Roster Update file.
Old 09-07-2014, 11:46 PM   #79
Rookie

chino22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheQuinn94
Yeah, it was a hard-fought game as I expected. I never a expect a blowout versus the Falcons, and I didn't today. I thought the D-line would have at least showed up. Ya'll absolutely exposed our weakness in the secondary, and Ryan was on fire.

In the long run, I think this will light a fire under them, but it still hurts. Friendly congratz though, despite being arch-rivals.
Indeed. Friendly tip of the hat to you as well, sir. I expect Colston to freaking dominate us next time after that fumble....
Old 09-08-2014, 12:42 AM   #80
Banned

RoDogz85's Arena

OVR: 1

Are you going to update your base set?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »