Home

Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

This is a discussion on Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2014, 02:10 AM   #81
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDogz85
Are you going to update your base set?
These sliders are my final product. If EA patches anything that drastically changes the gameplay, I will do more testing with the gameplay sliders and adjust according to what I think is most realistic/sim.

The only thing I plan on adjusting from here on out are the penalty sliders, and even then, I'm only going to mainly focus on upping facemask very little, for one. I see a facemask called from time to time in-game at the current setting, and in real life there really aren't many faskmasks in one game, so I don't plan on upping that to the point of a having a bunch of facemask penalties, just to replace the lack of penalties from other infractions not being called (that is just unrealistic, and a bad substitute, in my opinion), but it can still be bumped up a tad more.

I am going to adjust holding as high as I have to, to at least see some holding calls, and clipping will go up very little (as I see this from time to time) as well. I also see a couple of false starts by the CPU once in a while, so I will bump that up just a little more, as I feel that setting is close to being right. I do not want to see a ton of false starts on the CPU. Just too many, and it's unrealistic.. I'm not looking to cause more penalties just for the sake of having more in-game, because some other penalties aren't called at all or enough.

For example, I've seen some use roughing the passer at 52 (Armor & Sword had it at 52 in his early base settings), but at 52 you will have roughing the passer called multiple times a game (too many), where as in real life you still do not see that many roughing the passing calls. It is the same at 51, unrealistically more roughing the passing calls, just because one of your players slightly bumped into the QB. At 50, you WILL see it called once in a while, and especially if you take out the QB post-play, which I think is the best balance of realism.. and I've also seen it called more than once in multiple games thus far. Armor & Sword also agreed with me with the roughing the passer penalty setting being this way, for what it matters.

Anyway, that is my opinion on the penalty settings, and I believe I can find a good balance. If i can get some holding calls (I don't expect many as it seems this slider setting is flawed), I believe the final settings I figure out for facemasks, clipping, and false starts, will at least be somewhat okay, despite penalties not being called often this year at all. So, stay tuned. Or look at other slider threads to get an idea for penalty settings. Your choice.

Last edited by Shon 23; 09-08-2014 at 02:16 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2014, 07:28 AM   #82
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheQuinn94
Hey fhs, about how many total plays are you seeing? Yes, I usually do get around 120-130 plays per game (maybe a sometimes a tad bit higher on high I run my offense or the CPU runs theirs), with that setting, which is about the NFL average. Now, that play total can be affected on how you play your game. If you are passing a lot, stopping the clock, going hurry up at all, can all change the total play amount.

If you aren't doing these things and are going way above the average, I suggest try adjusting the minute of quarters. Since these sliders are a base of Armor's with only tweaks, even 13 minute quarters (which someone are using now with Armor's sliders) will work just fine.
I found 14 min, 15 sec sweet spot.
Old 09-08-2014, 07:35 AM   #83
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

Quote:
Oh yeah, you better believe I saw how horrible our defense played. It is embarrassing, and it is easy to figure out what went wrong, which is just terrible in my opinion.. our D-line was non-existent. Even Jake Matthews goes out and Cameron Jordan can't get a sack or put pressure on Ryan. Akiem Hicks did nothing either. Credit to your O-line, man.

But I give credit to the coaches of the Falcons as well. Ya'll knew exactly where to attack us. Our two weakest links on the D. CB Patrick Robinson and the CB we moved to cover the slot who got burned often, Corey White. Not hard to figure our the weak links though. And that fumble by Colston was heart-breaking.

I already knew it was going to be a close game, as they are pretty much always are. I also knew you had JJ, White, HD, and even Hester (can't believe he received so well), who were all healthy and ready to go.

Hopefully this lights a fire under their a** and we wake up for the rest of the season. I have faith we can split the series when ya'll come to the Dome though. But good game, man. Ya'll deserved it, and Ryan played lights out. Not like it was a blow out though! lol :P

And go back to default sliders?! Haha, no way! Not my fault the Saints beat you in-game when you play them with the Falcons. I mean, dude, the game did go to OT afterall. lol

EDIT: And to make matters, worse.. Robert Quinn and the Rams, that front 7 (but what happened to their offense today is really to blame), got completely destroyed by the Vikings. I didn't get a chance to watch the game yet, but still will be a champ and watch it with NFL Game Rewind tomorrow.. see everything that happened. Ah well, crappy day all around. Rams were supposedly to match up well against the Vikings and their run game with that front 7. From what I've seen from the box score, the Rams did hold Peterson to 75 rushing yards, but it was Cordarrelle Patterson that killed the secondary, which certainly is the weakest chink in the D. Ah well...
You do not have to tell me about bad D. . If Ryan and oline play like that every game we will have a good season. Surprised Saints D played so poorly though, highly touted by everyone.
Old 09-08-2014, 07:37 AM   #84
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1980
I found 14 min, 15 sec sweet spot.
That's good to hear jaa. Someone was saying that got too much at 15 min, 15 sec, but I don't see how it can be any different than in M25, which got us around 120-130 plays total. I don't see how anything can change from M25 to M15 in that regard, but whatever.

Hey, are you planning on streaming any games this morning? I'm up to watch. lol I bet you are feeling pretty good this morning after that Falcons win. Damnit to hell! :P
Old 09-08-2014, 07:42 AM   #85
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1980
You do not have to tell me about bad D. . If Ryan and oline play like that every game we will have a good season. Surprised Saints D played so poorly though, highly touted by everyone.
I have no doubt they will rebound for the rest of the season strongly. You can't deny that was the Falcons Superbowl for one game, that game. Ya'll wanted that win bad, after all, Sean Payton going 13-3 on Mike Smith since 2006. I am looking forward to how ya'll do against Cincy next week, and how we do against the Browns overall. Will be somewhat telling. We played one of our worst games defensively in the last two years and it still went into OT.

Read my post to chino, I had no doubt it would be a close game yesterday, ya'll just happened to pull it out. See you in the Dome next time though.

One plus side, was seeing Brandin Cooks come in as a rookie WR and perform well. That isn't always the case for rookie WRs, often the opposite, but he is a very special player.

Last edited by Shon 23; 09-08-2014 at 07:52 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2014, 07:56 AM   #86
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

Quote:
I have no doubt they will rebound for the rest of the season strongly. You can't deny that was the Falcons Superbowl for one game, that game. Ya'll wanted that win bad, after all, Sean Payton going 13-3 on Mike Smith since 2006. I am looking forward to how ya'll do against Cincy next week, and how we do against the Browns overall. Will be somewhat telling.

Read my post to chino, I had no doubt it would be a close game yesterday, ya'll just happened to pull it out. See you in the Dome next time though.

One plus side, was seeing Brandin Cooks come in as a rookie WR and perform well. That isn't always the case for rookie WRs, often the opposite, but he is a very special player.
Working today.

I have my final testing done, and starting up final online cfm maybe tonight, I will broadcast all games. I have some different settings that might surprise you. Might make a post showing settings and broadcast info. Im tired of testing, , ready to play!! Whatever happens, happens.
Quote:
That's good to hear jaa. Someone was saying that got too much at 15 min, 15 sec, but I don't see how it can be any different than in M25, which got us around 120-130 plays total. I don't see how anything can change from M25 to M15 in that regard, but whatever.

Hey, are you planning on streaming any games this morning? I'm up to watch. lol I bet you are feeling pretty good this morning after that Falcons win. Damnit to hell! :P

Yes Cooks looks like real deal. Told my friend steal in our fantasy draft. Thank god my Falcons already have some real deals. SJ looked pretty good considering not playing preseason. We have some exciting depth at HB as well.

Last edited by Hunkerdown; 09-08-2014 at 08:01 AM.
Old 09-08-2014, 08:00 AM   #87
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

Okay, good to hear man. Looking forward to what you have for the new tweaks.
Old 09-08-2014, 08:02 AM   #88
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

Quote:
Okay, good to hear man. Looking forward to what you have for the new tweaks.
Watch what you wish for, you might not be, haha

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »