Home

Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

This is a discussion on Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2014, 06:47 PM   #97
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Quinn's Sliders (Armor & Sword base set w/ tweaks)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy_Long
haven't use anyone sliders but will your sliders reduce sacks? blitzing seems to be way too easy on all pro.
I am STILL seeing slightly too many sacks (not too often, but from time to time with the Rams D-line) after the tuner updates that went through, but not NEARLY as many. I keep my CPU pass blocking at 95, that way the user's defenders don't get penetration as easily if it were lower, but you'll still see some penetration, whether it is you user-controlling a D-lineman, or it's the user's CPU players, but I believe at 95 it helps a bit more with the sack problem.

If you have a good d-line you will certainly get good pressure and penetration at 95 cpu pass blocking, but will struggle just a little bit more with a somewhat average d-line, but yet again get some penetration. With a below average line you might even struggle a bit more at 95 cpu pass blocking.

So 95 is where I'll keep it at, unless EA slightly fixes the sack problem, yet again. It's not as bad as it was before, not even close, but sometimes you do get a run on sacks with a stout d-line.

Also, I noted in my first post of this thread, that I think on normal speed the QB plays a bit better, especially in not taking sacks. Whether that is avoiding sacks in the pocket by shifting around/side stepping a defender, releasing the ball when pressure is near, or scrambling more if they actually are mobile. That is just from my experience between playing on slow and normal speed.

So, overall, I'm keeping cpu pass blocking at 95, unless EA does another tune with reducing sack totals.. but it's not too bad now at 95, in my opinion.

Last edited by Shon 23; 09-08-2014 at 07:26 PM.
Old 09-08-2014, 06:51 PM   #98
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhs2
I always had above 120 plays, around 130. that's playing 15/15. I like to play 15/17, since i think at 17 the cpu QB make more adjustments on the line. But then i always get aroud 140 plays.
I was counting plays from yesterday games and some games had around 110 to 115 plays. The Bills game with OT had around 130.
So, i'll need to try, maybe like our other friend said, 14/15 or maybe even 13/17. Thanks!
That actually sounds just about right for total plays, and the NFL average. Even in real life, like in M15 as well, depending on how the game is played (playcalling overall), the numbers will vary.

I certainly encourage you to try out different settings though. Might work better for you. For me and how I play, or at least so far how the cpu has played against me, 15 mins and a 15 sec runoff is just about right.. as it was in M25.
Old 09-08-2014, 07:19 PM   #99
MVP

OVR: 11

also, would increasing the qb acc boost the qb's aggressiveness to throw more plays around 15-25 plus yards? i don't care about the bomb.

i've been trying qb acc at 10 but it seems they get more aggressive once they are behind.
Old 09-08-2014, 07:33 PM   #100
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy_Long
also, would increasing the qb acc boost the qb's aggressiveness to throw more plays around 15-25 plus yards? i don't care about the bomb.

i've been trying qb acc at 10 but it seems they get more aggressive once they are behind.
People in the slider forum have tested this already, and there really doesn't seem to be a way to force the QB to take more deep shots, especially changing the QB accuracies, which at 10 for both the user and CPU seems to be the so-called "sweet spot" we found.

Like you mentioned, I see more deep throws when they get behind, and if they aren't behind, I chalk up a random deep throw to a wiiiide open receiver and who the QB may be.

So unfortunately, unless EA does some more tunes to make the QB take deep shots more, there really isn't a slider to make them bomb it out more.

As I previously mentioned, I see it when they get behind some, more.. and we I play more of the above average to elite QBs who have great wide receivers that can get open.. or sometimes not, it can be on a streak route with the DB on him. BUT, it does seem pretty random still.
Old 09-08-2014, 09:35 PM   #101
Rookie

l am the GOAT's Arena

Does the high WR Catch make all the WRs Larry Fitz. That is just my personal experience of when that slider is high up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2014, 09:37 PM   #102
Rookie

chino22's Arena

OVR: 4

Quinn, my Falcons won AND I have Brandin Cooks in fantasy. So, good times all around haha. I also like how you guys refer to your stadium as "the dome" like we don't play in one too lol. Of course, that'll be changing in a few years...
Old 09-08-2014, 09:51 PM   #103
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino22
Quinn, my Falcons won AND I have Brandin Cooks in fantasy. So, good times all around haha. I also like how you guys refer to your stadium as "the dome" like we don't play in one too lol. Of course, that'll be changing in a few years...
chino, that just isn't fair! lol

Cooks actually started getting a lot more media attention in the middle and towards the end of training camp, so I was thinking people might start catching on to him and pick him a bit earlier in fantasy, rather than him being a sleeper.. because if you followed the Saints any, you would know Payton has planned on using Cooks ALOT in his first year.. and it looks like he'll do well as a rookie WR, which is somewhat rare for rookie WRs. He is a very special player.

Oh, and I've always called the Superdome the Dome. It's just a "thing" for Saints fans. lol
Old 09-08-2014, 10:02 PM   #104
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by l am the GOAT
Does the high WR Catch make all the WRs Larry Fitz. That is just my personal experience of when that slider is high up.
Honestly, I haven't seen the lower-tier WRs make too many, or any of those spectacular catches at all on the higher WR catching setting.

Remember, especially on All-Pro, player's ratings are certainly more in affect, compared to say how All-Madden plays and the player ratings not really being even, as the CPU on AM certainly gets a boosts in all area, in the name of more "challenging" gameplay. WR catching, spectacular catch, catch in traffic attributes all still affect the WR's abilities, even with the WR catching slider higher, so it kind of balances out.

You just won't see many wide open drops as much, whether it be on a perfect pass to WR on an open curl route, or a WR wide open on an out route, ect. Someone mentioned to me that the Broncos had like 6 drops last night, but I didn't get to see them, so I don't know if they were contested or not.. but you gotta remember with wide open drops, that many for NFL starters is not the norm in game. Just think back to watching real NFL games, you'll see a WR drop a ball here and there, but not 6 or 7 in a game. With WR catching too low, it just makes it unrealistic, in my opinion.

And every once in a while, you'll see an average or slightly above average WR make a spectacular catch, but not like the Calvin Johnson's and Larry Fitzgerald's of the league. Your choice though. Always is the user's choice.

Hope that shed some light on it, from my experience with the that particular slider setting.

If you do end up not liking it at that setting, slowly decrease it and play some more games until you find a good balance for yourself.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »